The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brucil's recent exploits.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King Clovis
King Clovis

Brucil's recent exploits. Empty
PostSubject: Brucil's recent exploits.   Brucil's recent exploits. EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Gonna right a story about Brucil working as a mercanary on Tatooine. Not going to write it right now, because I'm kind of tired and dont feel like it. Should be written soon. Also, in this story Brucil will be communicating just like they do with in the US military so I may also write a quick translation to everything that will go with this story.
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: Brucil's recent exploits.   Brucil's recent exploits. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 am

Alright; I'm going to keep this guide short and simple. The main thing that most people don’t realize is that when talking in "Military speak", if you will, you almost always have to take things literally. In fact, if you have played Cock of Dooty Modern Warfail 2, the way the soldiers speak in the campaign is exactly how soldiers speak in real life, which seems to be the only thing they actually got right in that game. But, I digress. Let’s start with the basics….

The number one rule is to always use a call sign, and you almost have to talk in the third person; and when choosing a Call sign it doesn’t really matter what you use, but generally you want to stick to a certain role while picking that call sign.. For example, if you want to contact your HQ, in this example we will call it “Overlord 1”, you would say “Overlord, this Reaper 1-1….” And then you would go on from there. Also, every time that you want to inform, or if you’re in a commanding position giving orders, someone of something you use “How copy” and in response you would say “[Call sign] copy’s all…” and then generally, you repeat what they say. Again, let’s play out an example of Overlord 1 and Reaper 1-1.

“Reaper 1-1, this is Overlord, I want you to move northwest, and eliminate a enemy weapons emplacement, how copy?”

“Reaper 1-1 copy’s all, move northwest and eliminate enemy weapons emplacement.”

Now, there is just one more important phrase, and that phrase is, “Be advised”. You would use this when you’re trying to warn someone, and again when you end the sentence you always want to use “How copy?”, but when responding you generally don’t have to repeat everything the other guy said, although sometimes it’s a plus. Let’s do one last example…

“Reaper 1-1, this is Overlord, be advised we have a large concentration of enemy foot mobiles moving towards your location from the Northwest, how copy?”

“Reaper 1-1 copy’s all; enemy Foot mobiles moving in from Northwest”.

Handy list of Military Terms (Not in an alphabetical order)

OP- Observation Post
FOB- Forward Operations/Observation Base
Flank- Sides
OPFOR- Opposing Force
BLUFOR- Friendly Force
Tango- Enemy
Fast mover- Enemy aircraft, generally plane.
FUBAR- “Fucked up beyond all repair”
And of course….
SNAFU- “Situation Normal…..All fucked up.”

And I believe that’s generally it or all the important stuff for my story at least. I’ll get around to writing it sooner or later, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Lena Jade
Lena Jade

PostSubject: Re: Brucil's recent exploits.   Brucil's recent exploits. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:17 am

I have used FUBAR way to often in my life Wink
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: Brucil's recent exploits.   Brucil's recent exploits. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:23 am

Lena Jade wrote:
Same, but since things are generally FUBAR I started using SNAFU Razz.
Back to top Go down
Lena Jade
Lena Jade

PostSubject: Re: Brucil's recent exploits.   Brucil's recent exploits. EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:25 am

Brucil wrote:
Lena Jade wrote:
Same, but since things are generally FUBAR I started using SNAFU Razz.
Used that one too Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brucil's recent exploits.   Brucil's recent exploits. Empty

Back to top Go down

Brucil's recent exploits.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Role Play :: Fan Fiction-
Jump to: