Share | 

Stories of the Past

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Stories of the Past   Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:43 pm

A long long time ago...

The sound of a chirping avian species could be herd off in the jungle... a distant roar followed. An old man stood at a balcony overlooking the valley below. His home made of stone from the surrounding towering mountains. The long years of vegetation have climbed its walls lacing it with colour.

The sun is setting in the distance... and the moon tonight would be blue. It was almost time of the red moon, which meant the next generation of warriors would be chosen. Age is shewn across the elder's face. His white hair pulled back in a braid. He stroked his goatee in thought, and released a sigh when he felt the presence of another approach.

He turned and walked around to the small thrown behind him. As the arching doors opened he sat. A young and athletic T'vian strode in brimming in confidence. He stopped a few feet short of the thrown and bowed.

"Grand Councilor Rou-Ku..." The councilor could feel the young one's impatience. The elder gracefully got back to his feet. He slowly descended the two steps to the main floor of the chamber. When the young man looked up the elder was smiling warmly at him.

"They really push you young ones into formal etiquette these days. Please spare me I never grew up with such formalities so I don't expect it from anyone else." The young man rose feeling slightly awkward and foolish. "I especially don't expect it from my own grandson."

The two embraced briefly before continuing.

"I haven't seen you since you were a vorshak's head tall." Councilor Routu said using a the head of an indigenous predator as reference.

"I've been training." The young man said proudly.

"So I hear... top of your class too. No surprise there." The elder man said with a knowing smile. "Your father was the same way, it runs in the family. It appears to be what our clan was bred for. What is it that you have come here for?"

"Knowledge... grandfather. Father told me that you use to tell him stories from beyond the veil of the nebulae. I'm hoping to be selected for the next journey." The old man wandered back over to his thrown and settled back down. He indicated for the young man to take a seat in one of the subordinate's chairs.

"Your grandmother was actually the one that would tell the stories. But what has sparked this keen interest?" The elder spoke in a more serious tone.

"All I've ever known is this world of ours, yet we know there is much out in the galaxy. We have ships that can traverse it, yet we don't. I want to know what I do not know." The older man stroked his white beard and nodded somewhat.

"Fair enough... It is natural to wonder what is beyond what we don't know. But... first I will tell you another story, and then... if you still want to hear about beyond the veil I shall tell you."

"As all T'vian you have been told of the Kar'alti... the great war between our race and the invaders."

"Yes... And you fought the invaders." The young man's eyes lit up at the thought of battle.

"Your grandmother and I did not grow up on our world. At the time a great war spanned the galaxy. Thousands... millions of worlds were affected by this war." The elder could tell it was a large concept for the young man to grasp. The elder stared out in thought.

"I fought alongside some of the greatest warriors the galaxy has ever seen. Tellen Silversun, Vigo Surai, and Titan Hammer, just to name a few. Some of whom didn't even command use of the force, yet were capable of feats more impossible than any child's tale you've heard. Back then I was known as Scott Chain..."

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."

Last edited by Scott Chain on Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:19 am

Another barrage of searing lasers rocked the Kuttless.

Sheilk...

"Where's my turret support?!" Scott's hands were white on the yoke, almost to the point of snapping the yoke in half.

"I'm on it! Ser ra ek tushen!" Kira cursed over the intercom, but he could here it all the way through the ship. Scott could feel her tense form in the dorsal turret.

"Hold on!" Scott whipped the Kuttless into a corkscrew backspin. The maneuver was so close he could see the enemy pilots helmet through their cockpit as they skimmed a mere meter above them.

Their pursuers quickly scattered and reformed, but not before Scott was able to lance out at couple of starfighters with the forward cannons. As they completed their loop Kira unleashed a flurry of her own from the dorsal turret. bright light filled the cabin as fighters winked out of existence.

"We need to get out of here... now!" Kira was panting. The cockpit lit up once more, but this time due to turbo lasers shelling the forward shields. He wenched the yoke hard to port. He blew a strand of hair out of his face... it was starting to turn white. Was he really drawing on the force that much?

"We're not to the nav point yet!"

"Kriff it Koosh! We have to make the jump!"

"They can follow us!" Alarms blared throughout the ship.

"Hell... we don't even know how to traject the Nebulae. But it's better than staying here!" She was right of course. An entire fleet was closing in on them. "Vel nesh ress... Aaaagh."

The Kuttless shook violently. It took a Scott a moment to regain full focus. Something wasn't right. He felt panicked, but he couldn't place where the fear was coming from. Then it hit him.

Kira...

The bond was slipping. She was drifting away.

"Kira!" No response. His heart beat faster and faster. Fire from the Sith fleet kept the shields in full glow. "Kira!"

It was no use. He had to. Scott reached over to the hyperspace command panel and punched in the codes that seemed like a long lost memory finally returning. The stars began to fade to thin lines.

Hold on baby... I'll be there soon... We're going home...

Scott...

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:39 pm

"They've entered hyperspace my lord." The deck officer announced. The Sith Lord slowly turned around, his face void of expression. His bone white skin and green facial tattoos gave him an unusual appearance.

"What is their estimated trajectory?" Said the Sith Lord in a monotone voice.

"That is the problem sir... it leads to Unknown Region territory." The deck officer spoke nervously.

"I don't see the problem."

"Well... my Lord... the location given is deep in nebulae. We don't know anything about the region. Electro storms could short circuit our systems, are scanners could prove to be useless, we could wander around in there for years without finding anything."

"The Emperor does not leave us a choice lieutenant. Plot a course and execute."

"Yes... Lord Venku." The lieutenant breathed a breath of relief before walking off to fulfill the order.

"You are too weak on them Lord Venku." A raspy voice procured itself from the shadows of the bridge. "Never let one live that questions you."

"Darth Gareth... do not forget who is in charge of this operation." Face and voice still void of emotion Lord Venku glared at Darth Gareth. The savage merely glared back in challenge.

"Of course... Lord Venku."

"You do not kill subordinates that may question an order. It means they think. Which means they make less mistakes."

"Questioning orders does not give blind obedience."

"If you are afraid of a simple lieutenant gaining the upper hand on you... perhaps the Dark Council's faith was misplaced in you." Darth Gareth did not respond. "This mission is important to the Emperor. If this race proves worthy it means a definite victory for the Empire. You are not to slaughter without my word."

"Scott Chain is mine..." Said Darth Gareth as the towering being slunk back to the shadows. Lord Venku resumed his gaze out the forward viewport.

"Then perhaps he will finally rid the Empire of your uncontrolled and unnecessarily blood lust." He spoke to himself.

Back to top Go down
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:08 pm

Nice read Smile

Pretty good Smile
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:57 am

TitanT2 wrote:
Nice read Smile

Pretty good Smile

Why thank you sir... this story is actually why I made my character. It was one of the two first thoughts that went into creating Scott. Though it is meant to take part sometime during TOR... I figured I wont be using the JK's storyline for my char anyway.

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:16 am

Silent are the clouds of the nebulae... their soft glow of various colors gives a peaceful yet mysterious appearance. The vastness is too much to describe. In the distance The Kuttless drifts helplessly towards a lushly glowing world, sparking and leaking atmospheric pressures. A nearby star lights half the world leaving the rest to darkness. Three moons orbit the world, giving off distinct reflected light.

The atmosphere begins to lap at the Kuttless' belly as it slowly dawns on it's new refuge. Soon the transports belly begins to glow from the heat of reentry. The pilot holds to the yoke of the vessel with a death grip. As the Kuttless streaks through the upper to lower atmosphere a streamline in the clouds is left behind.

The world's dark blue atmosphere contrasts with the white clouds. The ground below is a mountainous jungle. An eerie silence is marked by the impact of the Kuttless into the unknown world below.

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:49 am

His world was blurry, and his vision foggy. The cockpit of the Kuttless slowly came into view. His head rang. The viewport's transparasteel had been cracked. Outside was lush vegetation and what he assumed to be the trunk of a massive tree. His memory came flooding back.

Kira...

His heart began to race all over again. The seat harness was too mangled to undue quickly. He rapidly reached for his father's blade and cut the straps. In a half daze he stumbled down the corridor from the cockpit. Light showed in through a gaping hole in the main chamber.

The access door to the belly and dorsal turrets did not respond. The ship was completely dead. He had no clue as to where his saber was. In lightening thought Scott focused energies together creating a lightsaber-like beam in his hand to cut through the door. In seconds he was through and climbing.

There she was... her breathing shallow. Kira lay pinned under the crushed turret, unconscious. Again Scott used his technique to cut around the crushed turret. Then he used the force to launch the debris up and away from the ship, sending it crashing in the distance.

Slowly with care he lifted Kira out of the seat and onto the top of the Kuttless. He didn't know what to do. He panicked slightly. After rummaging through the ship he didn't know what he could do with all their medical equipment out of commission. Healing himself was one thing, healing others was something he never learned.

Why did I always focus on combat... and never learned to heal... hold on Kira... I'll figure something out...

She had a small gash along her right arm and a deeper one on her shoulder. But what worried him was internal bleeding. Something wasn't right in her abdomen, of that he was sure. Something stirred in the background. Scott's senses became more alert. A rustle of leaves and the snap of a twig. It was too patterned to be some random predator.

He unsheathed his father's blade. That's when he took more note of his surroundings. The enormous tree's reminded him of Kashyyyk, and something else he couldn't couldn't quite place. It was overwhelmingly familiar. The warm humid air felt good on his skin. That's when he noticed his markings were glowing, his hair was a pure white. He felt good and full of energy.

A figure leapt from one of the trees... landing acrobatically before him. A man... dressed rather primitively. He held a blade in his hand as well. The scout glared at Scott as if contemplating something, as if confused. That's when it struck him. His world connected.

The memories came flooding back. The trees, the mountains, the air, the smells. The man before him held the same features as he did. White hair, glowing markings and irises. He was home. His entire life... and he was here.

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:33 am

*Translated to Galactic Basic*

"Who are you?" Asked the man, blade at the ready.

"I'm Scott Chain." Scott positioned himself between Kira and the newcomer. There was a silent thud, too silent to be heard by the average human ear, behind him as another being landed on top of the ship.

Scott whipped around and reversed the grip on his Father's blade. He centered himself over Kira, as to protect her from any angle of attack. This time it was a female... and once again her features mirrored his.

"You speak the correct tongue, where are you from?" The female questioned. Her eyes fell upon Scott's right forearm, then traced up to the side of his face. "Fier... look."

The man's eyes seemed to go from shock to disbelief, but he immediately sheathed his weapon and fell into a rather low bow. Scott treaded carefully. The woman remained standing.

"Before we swap stories I need some help." Scott indicated Kira. The woman nodded. Was it seriously that easy?

"Follow us." Then the two jumped to a nearby tree limb effortlessly. It was apparent they had command of the force. Scott scooped Kira up in his arms and followed suit.

The land was enormous along with everything in it. Scott was not prepared for what came around the next ridge as they ran along leapt from tree limb to tree limb. Before him stood a grand city, the likes of which he'd never seen, at least not in memory. It was something from a fantasy holodrama.

Most structures where built into the trees. Towards the towering mountain bordering the city the buildings where made of white stone and rimmed with some sort of gold material. Mighty pillars marked the entrance to the tallest building on the mountain. It was definitely a structure of some importance.

The beings walking along the walkways bustled with activity. Beings that resembled him... that felt like him through the force. Hundreds of thousands right before his eyes, where as a day earlier he would have never conceived of something so radical.

They approached the stone made buildings. Scott took note that he could not see any form of technology, at least that he could identify. They halted on a circular stone platform. There were several warriors that surrounded him, weapons drawn. The woman turned to him.

"Leave the girl with me, the elders will need to examine you." She kept a non threatening stance in contrast to the surrounding warriors.

"Like hell..." Scott drew on the force ready for any advance. The warriors eyes lit up in shock. Then he noticed that that simple act was drawing attention from all sorts of people.

"I assure you... no harm will come to her." Her presence washed over him, it was soothing. It was almost like Kira, but fainter and not as intoxicating. Kira gave an involuntary shudder.

The internal bleeding... he would have to abide. If anyone knew how to help her it was their own people. Scott lowered his stance, and reluctantly but gently handed Kira over to the man that he originally met.

"Follow me." The leader of the surrounding warriors demanded through gritted teeth. He was led by blade point to the grand temple up the mountain. The pillars grew even larger upon approach.

Six elder men and women sat on cushions in a circle around a fire, in a chamber that could have doubled as a hanger easily. One of whom stood out from the others. On his bare shoulder sat a familiar styled marking. The marking he saw every time he looked in the mirror. The elder looked somewhat puzzled as he scanned him through the force.

"Rouka... is that you?"

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 am

There was a stillness in the air. Scott felt around the room. He could feel their awareness wash over him.

They're all force sensitive...

"Rouka? No... his life-force has long left this world." The elder man began. "Where did you get those markings my son?"

"My father..." Scott said cautiously, the elder man blinked, as if something hadn't occurred to him.

"Routu?" The mans words ignited Scott's mind in vortex memories. Scents, sounds, the force flowing through him as it had his whole life. He was small again, a child.

"I think that was my name. But that was a long time ago."

"40 revolutions is hardly any time my child. Rouka was your father, and my son."

"That explains why I have the same markings as you." As Scott spoke everyone was waved from the large chamber. Besides the old man was the warrior that had brought Scott up at blade point to the chamber. It was more than obvious the man was sizing him up.

"I am Roufen. I must ask... what happened? Where are your parents? What is happening beyond the veil?"

"Straight to the point. I'll be equally as direct. My parents are dead, the Sith killed them, and I don't know what in the four moons the veil is."

"Three..."

"What?"

"There are three moons... and the veil, in alien words, is the "nebulae" our home resides in."

"To the aliens, this world resides in the Unknown Regions."

"Unknown to them perhaps as out there is unknown to us."

"Regardless... Beyond the 'veil' is a great war that consumes a good portion of the galaxy."

"Hmph... they always seem to be occupied by their bloodlust."

"What do you mean by that?"

"A story for another time. Tell me about these Sith. The ones that killed your parents."

"A menace to life and the force... nothing more and nothing less." Scott echoed darkly. The elder only nodded.

"You need some rest. I'm sure your journey has fatigued you. We can discuss more tomorrow." The man turned and began walking out of the chamber, but stopped hesitantly. "I'd see to your mate."

Scott was about to respond but thought better. He didn't know what customs behind such was. In fact... he was beginning to realize just how little he knew beyond himself and Kira. As he walked back towards the descending steps the warrior glared at him. Scott regarded him for a second before moving on alone.

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:40 am

Kira stood at the balcony, make shifted from a tree limb.  There were no railings, so it was more of a platform.  She was taking her first gazes of this new world.  It was evening, the sun was setting between the mountains in the distance.  An all too familiar presence prodded her.  She turned around.

Scott stood there, dressed in the native attire.  He looked good in it.  She felt warm, and at home.  It was not a normal feeling, even around Scott.  Her heart was beating more rapidly than it should.

"How you feeling?  They told me you came up here."

She didn't respond but turned back to the view.  Her chest rose and fell with a deep breath.  Was she really here?  Where was here?  Seeing Scott caused another memory to stir.  It flashed back to when she awoke a few hours ago.

"Take it easy... you're recovering."

From what...  right...  Scott...  Where...

She felt like panicking.  She never panicked, but then again she always new where Scott was.  It was too difficult to pick his presence out.  It was too similar here.

"You can sit up, but do it slowly."  The voice was soothing and came from a woman Kira would have guessed to be her age, whatever that was.  She no longer knew.  "You fix up pretty fast... you do.  Where did you learn to do that?"

Kira looked around and didn't answer.  The room was mostly white stonework, but very sterile to say the least.  Her head sloshed as she sat up.

"Scott..."  Her words weren't quite there.

"Your mate is with the council, don't worry.  You've been out for a few rotations, almost a week."

"I need..."  She was about to get up when her insides wretched.  Falling to the floor she vomited on her hands and knees.

Sheilk...

She placed a hand on her belly expecting to find the internal bleeding not quite completely patched.  She felt around with the force before her eyes widened is shock.  There wasn't any internal bleeding or even a trace of such trauma.  In the background two medics could be heard.

"I don't think she knew..."

The world returned.  Scott's arms were around her, holding her up.

"You o-..."  Scott began.

"I'm pregnant."  Kira stated dead pan.  Scott's expression seemed to not compute what he was hearing.

"You ok?"  Scott continued as if he hadn't heard her.  As if it wasn't going to be difficult enough to talk about it, he was going to play naive.

"Scott... I'm pregnant."

"I know... you said that, and I'm asking if you're alright."

"I'm..."

What...

"You seem a little out there... funny I didn't think it was your head you'd hit."  Usually she'd have punched him for the comment, but all she did was smile.  Scott would always be Scott.  At least that much of her world was remaining consistent.  He simply smiled back.  He was back in the force pouring through their bond.  "See... s'not so bad.  We're home Kira."

She buried her face in his chest as he embraced her.  The moon was beginning to poor down on the jungle, lighting various vegetation and minerals with it's specific radiation.  Scott's and Kira's features changed in the rays of moonlight, just like every other being on the world.  They were no longer the outcasts... so to speak.

Last edited by Scott Chain on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Scott walked into the sunlight on the stone plateau. He stretched. The warm moist air felt good on his skin. Slowly he flexed and began jogging. The jog turned into a run, and then into a sprint. His figure was swallowed up by the massive jungle.

It was surprisingly a decent challenge to jump, flip, and run through the trees and vegetation. He jumped from a branch to land on a seemingly smoothed, black, giant rock. It was then that he felt the enormous presence. He landed on the warm rounded surface.

Warm...

The ground shook. It was then he realized where such a large presence was coming from. He lept high to another tree branch to watch the giant batholith unfold itself. The creatures skin was a smooth dark color, and looked as if it could eat a Krayt Dragon for a snack. It was not happy about the intrusion, as it announced with a tremendous roar that shook the jungle.

Scott dove off the tree branch as one of the creature's front feet lashed out. The massive tree crackled and fell. He wondered if there were things this bid on Kashyyyk. These trees were almost as massive. Next the tail came for him. Scott lept up and over onto the creatures smooth back and ran its length to the head. It reared causing him to fly off into another tree.

He regained his balance quickly. The creature was very fluid for it's size. After a series of lunges from the creature and a show of extreme acrobatics, Scott had had enough. His hand crackled with electrical energies. He was about to unleash the fury or his force blade when a deep, loud horn blew. The creatures eyes dilated and it began to look around frantically.

Soon it scampered off into the jungle like some sort of pup. Scott kept his Force Blade ready as he scanned his surroundings. He relished the humid climate as he panted. Something disturbed the light rays up and in front of him. Where the creatures head had been. It was a mans figure that the rays wove around, making his face anonymous.

But the presence was familiar. Like something he knew well, only amplified. As his eyes adjusted the face became recognizable, even at the distance he was at. It was not as he remembered. In some ways it mirrored him. The white hair was not it's usual dark color, and his crystal blue eyes were now even lighter with the glow or radiation.

"Valkus..." Scott spoke in disbelief as he saw the warm smile.

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:15 am

The Story of Valkus Werdana

Valkus wakes up, panting, sweating.. another nightmare. He slowly gets up from his bed inside the Captain's quarters within his ship, a Corellian Defender-Class Corvette named Saturn... Valkus slowly walked to his bathroom, and shocked himself when he looked in the mirror. His face was covered by a massive beard.

" I can't believe it has almost been a year.."

Nearly one year ago, Valkus began to get vivid force vision. Some what he seemed to be of his childhood, his parents being killed, and of an unknown world deep with the unknown Regions. Within those vivid dreams, a mysterious voice speaking in an unknown language kept calling him. These dreams became so frequent, Valkus knew he must find what they mean, and where this planet he keeps seeing is. Taking his astromech, T3-R3, and protocol droid, K-2N9, Valkus left with out a word. Though feeling guilty for doing that, he knew it was the only way, the others would not understand.

Rubbing his bearded chin, he decided it was time to clean up.

"This needs to go, I look like I belong in the Undercity of Coruscant."

While cutting his hair and beard, Valkus began to reflect on his journey so far.

Traveling from one end of the galaxy to the other, the Jedi Consular has learned much in his travels, even finding old Jedi artifacts. His view, and powers have grown much in the Force, but also his view on life itself has changed. Sometimes Valkus thinks he will never be able to return to the society, to the War, to his friends....

He shook his head of such thoughts and finished cleaning up. After showering, Valkus ventured into the cockpit, only to be stopped by a all to familiar voice,

"BEEP-BEEP-BOO!!!!"

Valkus breathed in heavily.

"Yes..Yes I am going to examine it now."

"Mater Werdana!! Master Werdana!!", the protocol droid came running after Valkus.

Valkus waved his hands in an effect to calm his panicked friend,

"Slow down 2N9, what is it? And please, I have told you this many times before, call me Valkus."

2N9 ignored the latter, taking a deep breath.. what would be for a droid,

"Master Werdana, the data you had me analyze, it is a language I have no record of nor could find any record on."

Valkus took a deep breath, and folded his arms, one hand rubbing his newly shaven chin. This troubled him greatly......

In his travels, on the remote planet of Munto Codru in the Outer Rim, Valkus found an ancient Star Map. In first glance it was covered in a foreign language, one he had never seen before. Asking 2N9 to examine it, the results came up empty.

Valkus walked to the cockpit, his passed hurried. The two droids closely behind him.

"Load the Star Map into the Nav computer R3". Chiming in acknowledgment, the little droid went to work. Soon a holo-image of the galaxy popped up, voices speaking the odd language began speaking.

"My dreams..."

Valkus recognized the language from his dreams, a cold shiver traveled down his spine.

The map then zoomed in deep within the Unknown regions, focusing on a planet.

"Could.......Could it be?"

Yes, the planet from his dreams!! The Star Map gave him coordinates directly there. A cold, ere feeling overwhelming him, but he know, deep inside and thought the Force, he knew he must go. Valkus sat in the pilots chair,

"punch in the coords 2N9, we are going into the Unknown Regions."

"As you wish Master Werdana."

Blues streaks took them over, and they disappeared into the abyss of space.

Valkus was meditating, floating above the floor. They have been in hyperspace for almost 16 hours now. Diving deeper into the Force, Valkus was shook violently awake. So much so he was thrown to the ground.

"What in the sith spit was that?!?!" He yelled activating his comm to the cockpit.

" Master Werdana, you must get up here! Quickly!"

Valkus leaped to his feet, and ran to the cockpit. Running through the corridors, the ship shook again violently, Valkus flew against the wall. Groaning, he got back up and ran into the cockpit.

"Master Werdana! Look!"

The panicked droid was pointing out of the forward windows.

"Are we in a.....nebulae"

Another Violent shake took the ship.

"We are being torn apart!"

"Where in sith blood are we!"

"All sensors are down! Shields are down as well Master Werdana!"

Valkus sat in the pilots chair, taking the yoke, he tried to get control of the ship.. but to no use. He was thrown off the chair by another violent shake.

"Sir, a planet is coming into view!"

Valkus pulled himself up.

"No.... it.. it can't be."

"Master we are getting pulled in to the planets gravity!"

Valkus was thrown again, hitting the ceiling, and falling to the ground. The ship plummeted to the planets surface. With all his strength, Valkus reached into the Force to create a protective bubble around them, only to be surrounded by darkness.

Valkus struggled to open his eyes, smoke filled his nostrils. Sparks flew from destroyed components. Slowly looking over, his two beloved droids were utterly destroyed, a small tear fell down his cheek.

Reaching down his chest and stomach, he felt smoldering metal.

"Great.."

Valkus looked out of the broken window, he could see trees, and the air seemed to be humid. He felt strangely... at ease. Suddenly voices filled his ears, he could see the faint outlines of people, then drifted into darkness.

Valkus awoke to beautiful sunlight, the walls around him were made of stone. Even though his healing abilities are highly advanced, his body was covered in bruises and felt like a rancor beat him up. He lifted the bed sheets to see his mid-section was bandaged. Valkus rose from the bed and rested his feet on the stone floor, feeling clean to his surprise.

Valkus felt the presence of someone in the room.

*The man starts speaking a foreign language*

Valkus just looked at the man blankly. He was covered in tattoos and his hair was white. He motioned Valkus to follow. Looking at the floor for a moment, he rose and put on a robe that was hung next to his bed. Walking out of his room, he could not believe his eyes.

A marvelous city spanning the tree tops, looking over the railing which seem to down down for miles. Everything was made of stone, but was clean and beautiful, bustling with more people then he could possibly count. Valkus felt a nudge in his back. Looking behind him two, what seemed like warriors, urged him forward.

He was lead to a large stone building, but this one was different, outlined in what looked like gold. When entering, four men sat in a circle, all looking at him once he entered.

He was motioned to sit down.

Valkus bowed slowly and sat.

*One of them starts speaking to him*

Valkus just looked at them, slightly embarrassed that he could not understand them. The men looked at one of the guards. He stood straight and slapped his chest.

"Iku" He tapped his chest a few times again.

Valkus guessed they were asking his name.

"Valkus....Valkus Werdana"

The men all looked at each other and murmured. One of them stood and sat in front of Valkus.

"Werdana..."

The man grabbed Valkus's hair, he looked down, it was turning white!!!!

Valkus starred in disbelief.

Nearly two months has passed, Valkus picked up the language fast with help from the Force and his own natural ability. He has also learned much about himself and his lineage, much more then he could ever have fathomed.

"Valkus, it is time. We must leave now."

The T'vίan, has he learned to call them, were teaching him to hunt.

Valkus grabbed his large hunting knife, which was a gift, and headed out the door. Using the Force, he leaped into the trees and down to the forest floor. He used the Force to hunt for his prey.

He felt something large, very large. He let a faint smile.

Using the force, he speed into a run. Leaping, flipping and jumping through trees and branches. As he got closer, he could feel the trees shaking, he stopped moving. The ground shook every few seconds.

"It seems my prey, has prey of its own."

Valkus jumped high into a tree, and finally saw what was happening.

A figure, a man, was leaping from tree to tree, evading the massive beast. It let out a roar of irritation trying to catch him. Tho, Valkus felt the presence of the man, a very familiar presence. Not waiting any longer, Valkus reached for large hunting Horn. This horn was given to him by Iku, which scares off even the most deadliest of predators. With the aid of the force, Valkus blew into the Horn louder. To no surprise, the beast hurried off. Leaping off the tree to get a closer look at the man, Valkus finally realized who it was.

"Hello Scott."

Valkus smiled at the looked of disbelief in his face.

"Don't we have a lot to talk about..."

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:17 pm

A slight breeze rolled through the trees, quelling the awkward and unsightly meeting. Scott took a gulp. As he lowered his guard, the crackling of static around his hand and arm ceased.

"Valkus..." Scott said again, only this time with a more confused expression. "How did you... Why are you... Your eyes... hair..."

For some reason he was unable to find the right words.

(Lovely concept of T'vian structures; made by artcobain)

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:35 am

Valkus let a large smile creep across his face. He sat down on top of a boulder, crossing his legs he used the Force to levitate himself slightly off the ground. He slowly ran his fingers through his hair, and let out another smile.

"How different I must look." Valkus thought to himself.

Not only has it been over a year since he had any contact with the society, but his long hair and beard are gone! Once his hair was fully white, he decided to cut it. Resting his hands on his knees, Valkus looked up at the sky. It was a beautiful day, peaceful. The Force running through him with the power of a tidal wave, yet calming as a morning stream. Taking a deep breath of the warm, humid air. He Began....

*Speaking in the T'vian language*

"A year ago, I began receiving vision. First of my parents, they were killed when I was an infant. In the vision, I never completely saw there faces, it was just filled with screams....death. Before this, I had no memory of them."

Valkus paused for moment.

"After a few weeks, it changed to visions of a planet. In the vision, someone was talking to me, I did not know the language at the time. Now I do, it was T'vian...

In any case, I knew I must search for answers. Letting the Force guide me, I left without a word. It pained me to do so, but I knew it was the only way."

Valkus looked out into the forest for a moment, as if the pains of guilt came inching its way back into his heart. After a few moments, he looked at Scott and continued.

"I traveled all over the galaxy trying to find clues of this planet. Unfortunately, the information I would find was so small at times it felt i was searching for a ghost planet. But.... I was able to find Artifacts from Jedi's and Force users of Old, expanding my knowledge of the Force. So I suppose I didn't come up empty handed along the way."

Valkus let out a small chuckle, then regained composer and finished.

"One of the clues I found lead me to the Outer Rim planet of Munto Codru. On that planet, I found an ancient star map. That star map had a direct hyperspace lane to this planet. Regrettably, I had no idea I would be flying straight into a nebulae. It tore my ship apart, and I crash landed here. I was badly wounded and almost died. The T'vian saved me.... Once I was strong enough to walk, I was taken to a group of men, the Councilors."

Valkus slowly lowered his feet to the ground. Once standing up, he walked to Scott till he was directly in front of him.

"They knew my name, at least last name. The Older men lead me to... My mothers family...My family."

Valkus slightly turned away from Scott, a small tear rolling down his cheek. For being a former Jedi Master, Valkus was still a very emotional person.

"Some how my father stumbled upon this planet, nearly dieing when he crashed landed, much like myself... My mother found him, nursing him back to health. My father decided to stay, eventually falling for and marrying her. When my mother became pregnant, my father took her to Corellia. No one knows why... "

Valkus slightly turned his head to look at Scott.

"I'm T'vian Scott, just like you. Well, at least half."

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:56 pm

As Scott digested what Valkus was telling him he began to realize something.

"Valkus... you're only a couple standard years younger than me, right? That means my parents left here only three years after your..." Suddenly he understood something about his parents that he had never conceptualized. At a young age his parents told him the reason for leaving their homewold was to update his people on the status of the galaxy as a whole. He had never imagined it had been to hunt down their own kind.

No... my parents wouldn't have been sent just for a retrieval... but there's no way they left for a millennia tradition just then was a coincidence...

His thoughts had to be wrong. He had to be over thinking the whole thing. Why hadn't he ever sensed him like this before? Was it the planet activating his T'vian blood? That had to be it.

"I never knew..." Scott said to himself outloud, before returning his gaze to Valkus. His hair was cropped short now in contrast to Scott's thick, long, wild, half braided hair. It was a whole new Valkus... not the one he knew.

Scott's wrist communicator bleeped. Kira was trying to contact him. He was so overwhelmed by Valkus' sudden presence that he didn't feel her Force Nudge, and he could feel that from half way across the galaxy.

"We need to head back." Scott said slightly off key. He was so amiss that Valkus probably didn't know what was going on.

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:03 pm

Valkus made an odd face hearing Scott's voice when his communicator went off. Something was up..

"Aye." Valkus said, nodding.

He then chuckled to himself.

"I guess somethings never change."

Valkus thought to himself when saying his old phrase.

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 pm

As they walked back they chatted over recent events. They approached the home of which Scott was staying. Kira appeared at the door with a concerned look on her face. It didn't occur to Scott that Valkus didn't know about Kira. Until recently she had been just an associate of his outwardly to those that knew them. Though he was sure most of his close friends knew the truth, and especially with most of them being force sensitive they would most likely sense the baby. That left little room for interpretation.

*cough*

"Um... Valkus, you remember Kira?" Kira smiled weakly and Scott looked somewhat embarrassed.

"Valkus?"

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:46 pm

Valkus looked at Kira, then back at Scott. Hey could feel both of there uneasiness. Slightly bowing, he let a large smile light his face. As he was bowing, he felt a nudge through the Force. He looked down at Kira's stomach, and raised back up. He smiled again and rested a hand on each of there shoulders.

"Congratulations to the both of you... I can't tell you how good it is to be back with the both of you. Now as long as I have been gone, I can see a lot as been going on with the two of you."

Valkus let out a laugh, trying to ease the tension.

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:22 pm

They were eating dinner. Swapping stories of the past year. As they laughed and ate neighbors would come to join. Soon they would be the center of attention to the whole city, Scott thought. Scott lifted a large exotic fruit into the air and fired at it with his Force Blade technique, demonstrating blowing fighters out of the sky. The small children gasped and cheered.

While all T'vian were force sensitive, not many knew how to control things telekineticly. And certainly no one knew many of the techniques that Valkus, Kira, and Scott had acquired over their years of interstellar travel.

A knock and call came from the door, through the laughter and talking. There was a summoning to the Council Chambers. Scott looked at Valkus and they both got up. Scott motioned Kira to stay and enjoy herself. She nodded.

There was an audible slam that echoed through the Council Chambers and out through the giant pillars. Across the landscape beams of blue moonlight fell through loose clouds. It contrasted to the many fires seen in the city. As Valkus and Scott approached there was a lot of heated debate.

"Why were we summoned Elders?" Scott asked quizzically. The crowded council members scattered as he and Valkus approached. On the central mesa there was a gleam of light reflected off a greyish black piece of metal, on it which had a very familiar symbol. It was unmistakably the Sith Empires Emblem. It looked to be part of a ship, a fighter most likely.

"It was scout, downed by one of our recon flights." An angry warrior spat.

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:48 pm

"Naturally, our first question would be why would a Imperial Scout ship be near our system? But..... We have a more pressing matter..."

Valkus said while folding, the disciplined military Jedi came back to him without hesitation.

"Soon, the Imperial fleet that Scout ship came from will wonder what happened, and send more."

Valkus began to rub his chin, his eyes began to glow slightly brighter from opening himself to the Force.

"Elders, I think the War has come to our people."

Valkus reached out through the Force to Scott.

"If the Empire sends an Invasion Fleet, our people will be enslaved. We cannot let that happen."

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:05 pm

Scott's expression was dark. He noted Valkus' Force Message and another warrior spoke up. It was the one from when he had first arrived on planet. Scott was pretty sure the man loathed him for some reason.

"You have brought your enemy to our world! You fool!" The warrior raged.

"I told you what had happened when I first arrived, and that's why I requested a ship that you denied me." Scott said darkly.

"You should not have come here in the first place!"

"And I was to know this is where I would be led? Do you think I would have intentionally led them here?"

"Shalvik Niev... Ralllll!" The man charged at him as he spit the insult out, but Scott didn't move a muscle. Instead he watched Valkus disarm and pin the man in a matter of a second. It was a message that Scott wanted to sink in. They were not average warriors.

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:36 pm

Valkus slowly rose, the others had not even computed as to what happened.

"Teräs Käsi.... I am sure most of you have heard of it."

Valkus let his words sink in for a moment.

"Now is not the time for insults. Scott and I have traveled all over the galaxy, we know things that you can not possibly fathom."

Valkus looked down at the warrior, and used the force to stand him up.

"That means with us on your side, we have more then a fighting chance."

Valkus looked at Scott, then back at the Councilors. They seemed to have a mix expression of surprise, fear, and acknowledgment. Valkus stared at the Imperial symbol for a long moment. He realized at that very second, as much as he tried to run from it, he knew that he couldn't hide from the war anymore. As he turned to Scott, Valkus left an intense wave through the Force hit him. A great disturbance..

"Scott.. do... do you feel that?"

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Scott listened quietly to the arguing. The pulse in the force filled the room. The Sith had found them. It would probably be a matter of a day before they were in range to invade. Scott knew Lord Venku would be leading the Sith force... and Gareth was with him.

You will not leave this world alive Gareth...

Scott's thoughts were dark. The debate grew louder as battle plans began to sprout. What was curious to him was that it was not usual bickering and arguing. The council members methodologically thought everything through. It was like watching the Jedi Council almost.

Valkus was right though... there would not be many warriors that could fight on Valkus' and Scott's level. And that's when the thought hit him. He couldn't train thousands of warriors in a day. But he could unlock something...

Scott quietly and casually walked away. While doing so he force nudged Valkus to follow. He walked out onto a landing that overlooked the city near the top of the mountain. Then stopped as he faced the world, taking in the beauty of the night.

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Watching the debates of battle plans brought flash backs from the war. Starring at holo-images with council members and high ranking Republic officers, explaining orders to his men. Part of Valkus missed it..

While Valkus was running his mind through different scenarios and ideas, he felt a nudge through the Force. Looking back, he saw Scott leaving. Valkus looked back at the Councilors and slowly made his way to the door, not wanting to cause attention. When he arrived outside, he stood next to Scott and clasped his hands behind his back.

It truly was a beautiful night, the sky was clear and the moons were clearly seen. Valkus breathed in heavily, even the air had a purity to it, soothing. Valkus looked down towards the city, watching people heading into there homes.

"I have to....I have to protect my people." Valkus thought to himself.

Valkus broke the silence,

"It won't be long before we have a fleet of Sith around us. Something is on your mind my friend, what is it?"

As Valkus was finishing, he turned slightly to Scott.

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:10 am

He didn't know if his friend would ever forgive him for what he was about to do, but it was a necessity at this point. Scott closed his eyes and slowly inhaled. The ground began to tremble. Avian species flew out of the nearby tries and critters could be heard retreating in haste. As the ground shook more violently he let loose his barrier of concealment.

He let the force flow through him as one. A pulse blew away from him, shattering crates, urns, and other items within the vicinity. Scott slowly turned around to face his friend, as he did so he opened his eyes. No longer were his irises visible, his entire eye glowing bright white and his force-markings burned brighter. It wasn't anything anyone alive, minus Kira, had seen.

His force presence expanded outwardly as an infinite force. Almost immediately he could feel the probing of several thousand force-sensitive beings, all grasping at the sudden appearance of Force energies. Scott molded himself into a continuous flowing stream of the Force.

"What do you fear Valkus? What slithers into those nightmares of yours? What force of reckoning have you turned from that has made you cower from the dark?" Scott spoke menacingly. His voice seemed altered by the force. Darker.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stories of the Past   

Back to top Go down

Stories of the Past
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next