The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wikileaks Situation.

Go down 
+2
Ixidor Asgrod
Nawkes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nawkes
Nawkes

Wikileaks Situation. Empty
PostSubject: Wikileaks Situation.   Wikileaks Situation. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 5:57 am

Lol.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks Situation.   Wikileaks Situation. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:15 am

Ooooh good topic Very Happy

Personally, I like Wikileaks, they've done a lot of what I would consider "good" in the past, like releasing all the Scientology OT level document, and the War Logs.

What this gives me is a real inside look into "the state of the world", if that is an appropriate term for it. I get fed a lot of what I now know is stretched out information that seems to give off the opinion that the US doesn't really have any friends, and that we've pissed off a lot of people.

The truth is that we have a lot of friends (more than likely due our economic power). I thought China disliked us, and backed North Korea for this reason (and a few others). Now it turns out that China thinks NK is a spoiled child and knows the US is better trading partners.

I used to feel that the Middle East in general was a rather hostile place towards the US, and western civilization in general. I now know that our opinions of countries like Iran are shared by others in the area, that almost all of Iran's neighbors think Amahdinnajacket is a nutjob who shouldn't be in power (under the Ayatollah of course).

I used to feel like Israel could go off it's hinges at any point and unleash untold destruction with their nuclear arsenal. I now know that while Mossad may go a bit overboard, Israel understand that they need to have some tact when it comes to their actions with the other countries and they aren't going to bust out the nukes at a moment's notice.

I also get to see into my own country. I get to see people like Hilary Clinton's mandate that US Diplomats should act like spies and collect credit information and biorhythm information on foriegn diplomats, something I don't think I agree with, nor understand the purpose of.

So overall, I kind of feel better about about the world with the release of these cables. Some of my media-induced fears are gone, replaced by actual knowledge.

As for Assange himself, so he might be a creepy dude. It's just a poor attempt by people who don't like him to distract people who already don't care about them.

I do enjoy seeing Operation Payback play out though. I wonder if Gene Simmons will actually get someone arrested like Jessi Slaughter's dad.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks Situation.   Wikileaks Situation. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 4:28 pm

The Independant ran a fantastic story on this about a man in Solitary Confinement - the only way he's getting out is if he testifies against Assange (therefore getting him extradited to the US then most likely executed), else he spends 52 years in prison. Shit times for him.
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks Situation.   Wikileaks Situation. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 5:31 pm

It's laughable. Assange and Pvt Manning are in the right.

Obama wanted Transparency in the government....Wikileaks helped out. So, from my perspective....Assange should be given a medal, not a death warrant.

Huckabee wants Assange executed. Palin wants 'im tracked down like Osama Bin Laden. Hilary Clinton wants em to be declared a treasonous criminal with no trial.

They even tried to cook up rape and molestation charges against him, WHICH THEY THEN DROPPED and I got a good lawl out of.

It's fucking laughable.

Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks Situation.   Wikileaks Situation. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 6:07 pm

*I just thought I would throw in my seething hatred for "Mrs." Palin, and "Mr." McCain.* Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks Situation.   Wikileaks Situation. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:01 pm

Personally, what I think that if some people in the govt. are so g'damn angry at these info leaks, then they should be actually trying to find out who gave him the information and find the actual weak spots in their info net instead of unleashing unholy rage on the (obviously creepy) guy who just exposed the obvious weak spots.

But yeah Ixy, generally, this made me feel better about the world in general.
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks Situation.   Wikileaks Situation. EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 8:25 pm

It's the goverments own damn fault.

That's what happens when you have 32 Intelligence Agencys and 850,000 people with Top Secret Security clearence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wikileaks Situation.   Wikileaks Situation. Empty

Back to top Go down

Wikileaks Situation.
Page 1 of 1