The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... Empty
PostSubject: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 6:56 pm

... Why didn't I know about these amazing ufkin shows earlier?! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:27 pm

Ergo Proxy is hot stuff, Ghost in the Shell is crap, imo.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Nawkes wrote:

What?! I really *like* Ghost in the Shell!

The series doesn't need to rely on the same, cliche anime "stuff" to advance its plot. And the setting seems like it could be a possible future for us.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:44 pm

I don't know, something about the show hits me the wrong way and it's just really slow at times.
Some episodes are great, but they're rather rare.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Nawkes wrote:
I don't know, something about the show hits me the wrong way and it's just really slow at times.

Ghost in the Shell is pretty much philsophy, and the like in anime form. You're not a huge fan of anime drama / mystery (or so you've said), maybe that's the reason why?
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 8:24 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Nawkes wrote:

Ghost in the Shell is pretty much philsophy, and the like in anime form. You're not a huge fan of anime drama / mystery (or so you've said), maybe that's the reason why?
Probably why.

My favorite episode is the one where the dead guy gets in the scorpion tank thing and then tries to kill his religious parents.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 pm

Nawkes wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Nawkes wrote:

Probably why.

My favorite episode is the one where the dead guy gets in the scorpion tank thing and then tries to kill his religious parents.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - 2nd gig is better, overall. (After completing the entire series my friend, and I came to such a conclusion). It doesn't have "Stand Alone episodes" like pt. 1 had, and follows one concise, different (from pt. 1) storyline.
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Nawkes wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Nawkes wrote:

Probably why.

Mine is Poker Face, the one where you learn how the Major outsmarted Saito and he ended up losing his eye.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:58 pm

I never understood that show... prob because I always caught only parts of episodes every now and then.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Nawkes wrote:

Ergo proxy... i think ive seen it... isnt that about robots getting infected by some virus or something?
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:26 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
I never understood that show... prob because I always caught only parts of episodes every now and then.

Watching it back to back and in chunks is really the best way to watch it, even once a week like TV is kind of hard to follow the stories.

I had to go through the seasons a couple times before I started understanding the overall meanings.

I still get confused as to what they mean by the whole "The Laughing Man wasn't the first, but there was no first" thing.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... Ghost-in-the-shell-le-film_

Ergo Proxy:

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... ErgoProxyDVD1_300

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 5:03 pm

ah ok I thought so, i remember Ergo Proxy now. Im going to have to re watch it, from what i remember it confused the heck out of me lol.

And i have never seen ghost in the shell... ill have to watch that also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...   Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, and Ergo Proxy...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: