The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. Empty
PostSubject: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:53 pm

Spoiler:

First things first here: "CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOOOOOL" Problem, Officer?

Second: I've said this many times now, Hell I've probably said it here at least twice in similar posts made by myself: "Under god" is a very recent addition to the anthem, historically speaking. The fourth and last change to the Anthem was done about 57 years ago, adding in these two -- in my opinion, trivial and unneeded -- words.

Third: Bitching that they're doing something unpatriotic by trying not to offend others -- your countrymen, keep in mind -- is selfish. The united states is a melting pot. Many different people of many different creeds, ethnicities, generalized beliefs, i can keep going.

They have every right to be just as adamant in their beliefs as you are. Which means, hey. Maybe they don't want their kids pledging their allegiance to a god they don't follow every-damn-day in school. Should you scold them for making use of our 'freedom?' For sticking to their beliefs?

Meh. I'm good now.

What a Face
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:12 pm

We only said the Pledge of Allegiance until like 4th grade... at which point the words really meant nothing.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 5:39 pm

All through up to middle school here. Yeah the words really meant nothing. It was just somethin we did every mornin'.

Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:41 pm

Still saying the PoA and the Texas PoA every morning in high school. ._.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Nawkes wrote:
Still saying the PoA and the Texas PoA every morning in high school. ._.

Have you done it in a handstand?
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 8:35 pm

No, but I say the Team Rocket motto when we're doing the pledge.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:46 pm

Nawkes wrote:

lol.

Also, Texan pledge? Are you belt buckle weirdos still trying to prove you can make it as your own territory?

Cuz you can't. Now, California on the other hand....
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 10:26 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
Nawkes wrote:

lol.

Also, Texan pledge? Are you belt buckle weirdos still trying to prove you can make it as your own territory?

Cuz you can't. Now, California on the other hand....

I'm pretty sure the Governor of Texas is a known secessionist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.   Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm. Empty

Back to top Go down

Facebook updates make me lol. and facepalm.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: