The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread

Go down 
+5
Scott Chain
Vigo Surai
Valkus
The Laughing Man
Ixidor Asgrod
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Stuff from the 5pm stream:

• Tatooine is around 24-28, 2nd to last planet in Chp 1. Every class can visit, and is open to both sides. It is somewhat barren with few mobs here and there. This is to preserve the Tatooine feeling. Daniel did say that the planet is instead focused on having mobs and stuff focused in certain areas which is how the entire planet is focused.
  • It's very open to world PvP for players once you leave your initial areas, especially in the Dune Sea.
  • Bounty Hunters have Blizz the "crazy" Jawa mechanic as the companion. I fucking love you Bioware.
  • Blizz is not romance-able at the moment.
  • The personal speeders were created because full sized ones were too big and crowded the cities.
  • Mounts are aimed at around 25.
  • You can turn on autoloot all, still have to right click but it picks up everything. You can also shift+click to loot all.
  • There is a Sarlacc, and you can jump in it or throw people into it Very Happy
  • Droids, just like in SWTOR, have different items than humanoids.
  • You can't shove human armor on Blizz.
  • Titles exist.
  • The Quest Item tab is infinite.
  • You can pvp from level 1.
  • There is another unannounced warzone.
  • Apparently someone worked ridiculously hard to get their character and Vette dressed as imperial officers (they weren't good at combat, but looked interesting).
  • Helmet toggle is done in the main menu under the social tab.
  • They are planning one big update for all the companions and how you play with them.
  • Radar is in different locations for different classes. Over the radar button is a small button that opens the companion tab, and lets you go through each of them.
  • There is a moment on Hutta, where a woman wants to send her son to Korriban to become a Sith, and the
  • Father wants to save him because he went there and survived and knows how bad it is. So the choice is to lie to the mother and send the father and son away, or to gun down the father in front of the Son. Apparently this really freaks people out when it happens because they didn't expect it to happen.
  • You can't actively participate in slavery, this is an ESRB issue.
  • They don't really know if they aren't going to do RP-PVP servers, but they are definitely not opposed to it.
  • After you die you can then call a medical probe that gives you a 12 second "uberstealth" where no one, not even players can see you. The more you die, the higher the timer goes up to wait to call the probe. You can also res yourself at a medical center.
  • Corellia is one of the biggest war scenes in the game, and in Star Wars.
  • The world boss for the Sith capital planet is in the swamp. You cannot defeat him with 3 people.
  • You can't summon your starship, some planets have space stations and you have to go to your ship via shuttle.
  • All the ships are real sized unlike in KOTOR.
  • You can level through PvP. Although leveling entirely through PvP is a bad idea.
  • Companions can't res your group from a wipe.

*HD footage will be available on SWTOR.com later this week.

Edit: You can have up to 4 task bars as stated by Damion Schubert on the website.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 pm

I want to play Sad
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 pm

Gametrailers is going to have TOR on very soon if you wish to view it.
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Completely unremarkable video until around 1:36 when Khem Val starts using a lightsaber confused

Apparently Malgus' girlfriend was the twilek being checked out on the Republic ships, which doesn't bode well, but probably explains why they got surprise attacked.
The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 Twileks

Gamespot's updated Hands on preview
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 10:56 pm

All this Kenetic and WiiU stuff is a bunch of BS... do people seriously want this?
Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
All this Kenetic and WiiU stuff is a bunch of BS... do people seriously want this?

I'm guessing the sales are doing good :S
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 12:05 am

Jagger Cyde wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

I'm guessing the sales are doing good :S

From what I've been told their sales in Asia are what is pushing a lot of this, the majority of the fanbase isn't actually in the states.

Which, now that I think about that, kind of makes a bit more sense overall with the direction they are going. Perhaps, like the split between JRPGs and WRPGs we are starting to see a developer start aiming more towards their eastern market than their western.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:14 am

The game is shaping up nicely. I absolutely love the scale of everything on Alderaan. Tatooine...well...it's sandy.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:23 am

Skyrim should win The Best of Show this year for E3 2011. In all honesty, my hype level for the game increased when they showed off the new (unpolished) engine. Once the "Creation Engine" is polished up, which it will be before launch, it's going to be AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Disappointed with Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:32 pm

Nawkes wrote:
Disappointed with Skyrim.

Despite that, in my opinion, it was still one of the best (if not the best) game they showed at E3. (The below statements about upcoming big titles are based on personal observation):

(In my opinion) Mass Effect 3 looked like a Gears of War ripoff, and SW:TOR is becoming more and more like "WoW with lightsabers" (though I'm not complaning). Uncharted is, and always will be, a Tomb Raider ripoff. I've never been a fan of any Ubisoft game (excluding Rainbow Six), so Assassins Creed and Ghost Recon (the only games they talked about worth mention) do nothing for me. I also had little to no excitement spurred with the announcement of Halo 4 because I'm not a fan of the Halo franchise, truth be told (I did like Halo: Combat Evolved), and would it hurt Infinity Ward to make an attempt at innovation with Modern Warfare 3?

Microsoft only talked about Kinect. Sony kissed ass (due to the hacking incident), and then tried to sell subpar hardware. Nintendo announced their new console that left people with more questions than answers. All in all, I've been quite disappointed with E3. The only things that truly excited me were Skyrim, SW:TOR (to some degree), Battlefield 3, and Prey 2.

Last edited by The Laughing Man on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 2:47 pm

All the quotes about making Skyrim "more accessible" are just bugging the living crap out of me and making me lose more hope in the game.
More accessible always means dumbing down in developer speak.
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Nawkes wrote:
All the quotes about making Skyrim "more accessible" are just bugging the living crap out of me and making me lose more hope in the game.

That is what i was thinking... More accesibility always goes of the cost of deeper gameplay parts.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:45 pm

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure Skyrim will melt the face once we actually own it (I was already impressed by the E3 2011 demo).
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:14 pm

Nawkes wrote:

Aaaand that's what I said earlier... I hate the loss of complexity.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 pm

Skyrim is destroying in numerous the "Best of E3 2011" ratings, though (doesn't mean much I know). SW:TOR has only made it onto one list (that I've seen), and it placed #10 on a "Top 10" list. (In my opinion) SW:TOR had a pretty poor showing this year. (30mins last year on g4tv, only 2-5mins this year).

(In my opinion) The best showings, hands down, go to Skyrim and Battlefield 3 this year.
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 8:18 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Nawkes wrote:

Aaaand that's what I said earlier... I hate the loss of complexity.

I dunno man, that constellation-ability dealio looked pretty complex, and the AI behavior seems pretty complex. Then again, I never felt like III or IV were that complex to begin with, unless you count some unnecessary min/maxing connections as defining the entire game's complexity.

But I'm looking forward (in no particular order) to:

TOR
SSX
Halo: CE Anniversary
Mass Effect 3
Skyrim
Saints Row The Third
and maybe a few others, but that's the main ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread   The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Fillorean E3 2011 Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3