The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild Game Suggestions

Go down 
+4
Ixidor Asgrod
Valkus
The Laughing Man
Vigo Surai
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

Guild Game Suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Well kids, I for one am sincerely disappointed we haven't found a game the majority of us can enjoy. We've tried WOW in the past, privately and retail, and even that seems to have died recently with the few who gave it a shot.

There are so many games we could try.... Let's try and list a few to try out again. Old suggestions are welcome as are new ones. I would truly love to experience a game with more than 1 or 2 of my fellow Filloreans. And I know the rest of you would like such a shot as well. So...Let's hear 'em suggestions.

My current suggestion still lies with Vindictus...it's free, it's action-y, and I think a fine distraction.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Did they ever fix the lag in Vindictus that you experience when partying up?
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:54 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Did they ever fix the lag in Vindictus that you experience when partying up?

That depends on the player leader and their internet connection. I myself have *never* gotten a complaint when I host parties, and in fact I surprise people with how smooth it is. I usually see people with 3/4 bars, if not 4 bars along with myself.

Also, Vindictus has removed the token system for going out on boats. You can grind it out all you like.

Edit: Problem is: It's an north american only game. Although I do have a Canadian friend who's out in france who plays it with me regularly with a connection just as smooth as mine.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Don't get me wrong.. it was fun and the fighting was awesome.. but.... idk... just lacked... something.

You were in the main town.. then took a boat to little instanced area.. then went back to the small outpost...

What other options do we have?
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:19 pm

Valkus Werdana wrote:
Don't get me wrong.. it was fun and the fighting was awesome.. but.... idk... just lacked... something.

You were in the main town.. then took a boat to little instanced area.. then went back to the small outpost...

What other options do we have?

Aye. It's not a fantastic game but the later missions do get pretty awesome. But yeah. It's a heavily, HEAVILY instanced game. Which is why I've opened this, looking for other suggestions that you all have. Because frankly, I'm out.

Edit: Reminder of some of the later battles to look forward to.

Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Hmm, that's a good question.

I honestly don't know, I don't really play many F2P games and my computer is pretty weak (have to play wow on minimum draw distance for ~25 fps). I do have Xbox Live which several of you guys also have, but I don't really have very many multiplayer games.

As for WoW, I dunno, it just can't sustain my interest too long, too many simplifications with things like talents.
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 pm

I say we start by making a Steam group or something, so we can coordinate better for this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 5:48 pm

To be realistic, to play a good MMO we are going to have to pay. "F2P" MMOs just suck.
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Brucil wrote:
I say we start by making a Steam group or something, so we can coordinate better for this sort of thing.

I think we have one? Not sure though.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:43 pm

I'm not going to be available for a guild game till I'm back in MN... so I don't really have an input. But... soon... very soon. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:50 pm

Brucil wrote:

Dunno if the FS is still up. But i have another steam group up we can use.
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:03 am

Runescape? <.<
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:21 am

Aeraie wrote:
Runescape? <.<

Me and Jagex still have some unresolved issues, so I'd calmly turn down such a (trolling) suggestion.
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
Aeraie wrote:
Runescape? <.<

Me and Jagex still have some unresolved issues, so I'd calmly turn down such a (trolling) suggestion.

Same.

Except my issues have been resolved, with a perma ban.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:28 pm

hehe...

Well....There's always APB....Valkus has expressed some interest in it...And I admit, it's a decent game when you're not fighting cheap-shotting assholes during missions.

I'm hesitant to look into the game unless a fair few of us show interest. Brucil? You've got some experience...What's your opinion on bringing up APB as a potential guild game?
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:52 pm

APB really only gets good after you max out a couple people and you're able to buy decent guns that do some damage.

EDIT: Or if you constantly use bullshit camping tactics.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:53 pm

Im going to give Darkfall a try.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:15 pm

Valkus Werdana wrote:
Im going to give Darkfall a try.

G'luck with the trial.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Brucil wrote:
APB really only gets good after you max out a couple people and you're able to buy decent guns that do some damage.

EDIT: Or if you constantly use bullshit camping tactics.

Or aimbot. Or the combat rez hack. Or the less-than-lethal immunity mod. Or...
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 pm

I'll just leave this here, even though it's completely irrelevant to the topic:

Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:45 pm

Try to refrain from going too off topic like that, for this one, guys.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Anyway...

I played the original APB and DID enjoy it, despite the flaws it had which eventually led to its closure. I WAS excited when APB: Reloaded was announced. Because, I do have very good and very funny memories from the original APB's beta testing (I never purchased APB). I haven't played APB: Reloaded yet, but I have heard it's an improvement over Realtime World's version.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:50 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Anyway...

I played the original APB and DID enjoy it, despite the flaws it had which eventually led to its closure. I WAS excited when APB: Reloaded was announced. Because, I do have very good and very funny memories from the original APB's beta testing (I never purchased APB). I haven't played APB: Reloaded yet, but I have heard it's an improvement over Realtime World's version.

I wouldn't call it an improvement. Nothing in that state could be improved in any way from any predecessor.
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Yea.

There was slightly less bullshit moments in the first version.
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Brucil wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:
Aeraie wrote:
Runescape? <.<

Same.

Except my issues have been resolved, with a perma ban.

I used to be a pmod. Then Jagex was like 'waitwut' a year later </3 Now they're just kind of grubbing for money. Shameful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Game Suggestions   Guild Game Suggestions Empty

Back to top Go down

Guild Game Suggestions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next