HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

EVE Online - Captain's Log of Andrey Marov

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: EVE Online - Captain's Log of Andrey Marov   Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:21 am

Stardate: 09.19.113
User ID Number: 159753
User: Andrey Marov
Entry Number: 0001

[Rustling of papers is heard and then a gruff clearing of the throat before the user begins to speak.]

Uh...well, here it goes. This is the first entry for the Captain's Log of Andrey Marov. I've recently joined up with a corporation known as Soon Enterprises. They, uh, they're a smaller corporation based out of Gallente space that specializes in mining. They also thought it'd be a good idea for me to start making this log. Said it'd take my mind off being stuck in this station orbiting Chaven VII.

[More rustling of paper is heard and soft mumbling.]

Let's see...background information...hmmm. Well, like I said, I'm Andrey Marov. I'm a former staff sergeant with the Amarrian military. I served for 15 years till a scuffle with some of those damn Blood Raiders left me with a head wound that paralyzed me from the neck down. I got to spend the next 4 years cooped up in medical facilities strapped to a mechanical chair and watch the world go on around me. About 2 months ago, some former squad mates of mine approached me about some new technology that was floating about. They said that the military was interested in helping me get involved with the program. I didn't really know what I was getting involved with at the time.

We'd all heard stories about capsuleers before. They were the supposed demi-gods that roamed through space amassing fortunes, killing thousands, and amassing a pretty terrible repuation among us mere mortals. Up until that point in my life, I'd never even given a second thought to becoming a capsuleer, but that's exactly what they wanted to do to me.

"Son," they said, "we can get you to walk again. You'll more than walk, you'll fly!"

I don't really know why I agreed. I guess, looking back, about any option that got me outta that damn chair was a good one at that point. So, in less than a week, they had my conscience transferred over to one of the new clone bodies, and the old paralyzed body was disposed of.

It was a weird feeling walking again, and the next several days I spent walking around the medical facility were the best ones I'd had in years. Sometimes I'd spend the whole day just walking in circles around the facility. I got real excited about the whole prospect at that point, thinking I was going to go up there with the big boys and really make something of myself. More than I'd ever dreamed of back in my military days. Just like a lot of things, it turned out to be too good to be true.

As it turns out, the whole program that got me into a capsuleer clone was part of some big PR push to soften the military's image. They'd been gettin' some flak over the way they were treating disabled veterans, and so they were makin' a show of "curing" us all, and giving us a great opportunity. The little people ate it up to. Seemed like every day I had someone telling me how lucky I was, and how thankful I must be to become a capsuleer. Truth was, I was almost better off in that chair.

Ya see, it's true what they say about capsuleers. Lots of them do make and spend fortunes that even empires dream about. Lots of capsuleers command powerful vessels and rule systems like kings, but they don't start out like that. Capsuleers start out just like anybody else in the galaxy...way down in the gutter. Sure the military made me a capsuleer, but that's about all they did. I got a measly 5,000 ISK and was set on my way.

I couldn't even believe it. I just spent the next week or so wondering around the station wondering what to do. Eventually, some capsuleer association found me and gave me some low-tech, p.o.s., ship to fly around in, but I barely even take it out of the station. After about two weeks of feeling sorry for myself, however, I managed to pick myself up and do some research. I found an advertisement from this Soon Enterprises and decided to join up. I didn't have much interest in mining, but they looked small enough that they wouldn't really care much what I was doing, as long as I was bringing in money.

About a week later I went for an interview with Kai Soon, the head of the company, and we spoke for a little bit. After about 2 hours, Mr. Soon said that I was hired on the condition that he allow me to be his "special project". Since I didn't have much else going on, I said ok, and signed on the dotted line. Well, now it's three days later and not much has changed. The company sent me a bunch of these data programs called "skillbooks" to upload to my brain. The uploads take quite awhile though, so it looks like I'm stuck in this station for a few more days or weeks. Here's to hoping that the rest of my immortal life isn't like the first few weeks have been.

Marov out.

"We're not bangin' rocks together here, we know how to run a guild."
Back to top Go down
http://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: EVE Online - Captain's Log of Andrey Marov   Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:17 pm

haha I like it. Very Happy

Randomness: I giggled a bit to myself when I read the "Stardate" bit....After that I started reading it in Captain Picard's voice.

Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EVE Online - Captain's Log of Andrey Marov   Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:17 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:

Randomness: I giggled a bit to myself when I read the "Stardate" bit....After that I started reading it in Captain Picard's voice.

Seriously bro i did to haha.

Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EVE Online - Captain's Log of Andrey Marov   Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:51 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:

I wrote it in Captain Picard's voice, so it's all good.

"We're not bangin' rocks together here, we know how to run a guild."
Back to top Go down
http://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: EVE Online - Captain's Log of Andrey Marov   Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:

I wrote it in Captain Picard's voice, so it's all good.

I read it in William Shatner's voice... just an FWI.

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVE Online - Captain's Log of Andrey Marov   

Back to top Go down

EVE Online - Captain's Log of Andrey Marov
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1