The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've been wondering something.

Go down 
+2
Ixidor Asgrod
The Laughing Man
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

I've been wondering something. Empty
PostSubject: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 pm

I've been wondering something. And that something is: in general, why do people like/want to have children?
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
I've been wondering something. And that something is: in general, why do people like/want to have children?

Biological desire to pass on genetics.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 8:35 pm

Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

A very scientific answer.

But not everyone seems to have that "biological desire". In fact, some people HATE children--sometimes to the point of hurting them--and have absolutely no desire to have their own; "pass on their genetics". Does that mean something's wrong with them...biologically?
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:06 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

But not everyone seems to have that "biological desire". In fact, some people HATE children--sometimes to the point of hurting them--and have absolutely no desire to have their own; "pass on their genetics". Does that mean something's wrong with them...biologically?

Well... nature gave us a sex drive for a reason... it made if feel good for a reason. The question isn't what makes people want kids (that's apparent). The question is why do certain people not want kids? Why? Because we're sentient and the majority of us have control over our nether regions. So it comes down to a matter of preference. What you like. It's no different from asking someone why they prefer the color blue over red or vice versa. You can even give reasons as to why you think one way or another... but in the end... it's just personal pref.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Ixidor Asgrod wrote:

Well... nature gave us a sex drive for a reason... it made if feel good for a reason. The question isn't what makes people want kids (that's apparent). The question is why do certain people not want kids? Why? Because we're sentient and the majority of us have control over our nether regions. So it comes down to a matter of preference. What you like. It's no different from asking someone why they prefer the color blue over red or vice versa. You can even give reasons as to why you think one way or another... but in the end... it's just personal pref.

Did you want a child, Scott? Simply curious. Or! Did you simply "bump uglies" and, well...it happened?
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:10 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Ixidor Asgrod wrote:

Did you want a child, Scott? Simply curious. Or! Did you simply "bump uglies" and, well...it happened?

Naw... I just got sloppy is what happened... tongue

And I wasn't faced with the decision on whether or not I wanted kids until that point in time either.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 9:30 pm

Honestly, I do imagine that somewhere, down the line, I'd like kids.

But as of right now, I simply hate the idea of being bunkered down with a kid. I do have that desire to pass on my genes, but I override that desire with a "Dude, look at your life. No. Helllll no."
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:25 pm

To have something that is undeniably yours(answering this as a female, sillies). I've personally always wanted kids. It gives you purpose.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Aeraie wrote:
To have something that is undeniably yours(answering this as a female, sillies). I've personally always wanted kids. It gives you purpose.

Don't say it.... don't say it... don't say it... dammit...

*stifles snicker*

So does the kitchen... xD
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Aeraie wrote:

*stifles snicker*

Quite.

Except I go into the kitchen to make sammiches for myself.

Get your own, bitch.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Aeraie wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Aeraie wrote:

*stifles snicker*

Quite.

Get your own, bitch.
NO. YOU MAKE MY SAMMICH, NOW!
I've been wondering something. Womens_Monopoly
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Aeraie wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Aeraie wrote:

*stifles snicker*

Quite.

Get your own, bitch.
NO. YOU MAKE MY SAMMICH, NOW!
I've been wondering something. Womens_Monopoly

I see you found the epic AC guy from DA...
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 12:44 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

It's cause we aren't solely defined and shaped by genetics, our environment has a lot to do with it as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been wondering something.   I've been wondering something. Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been wondering something.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: