A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:40 am

I have some REALLY cool anime to recommend to you guys, anime I think most of you will like based on your recommendations; no homo (lie). All the videos below are pretty cool intros for these anime, the intros are what got me into the anime--more the visuals than the soundtrack. They give excellent first impressions me thinks.

1) Fate/zero (first) & Fate/stay Night (second) - 49 episode count:

// The only issue (warning) I have with the series is its first 2 episodes, of which the first is 45 minutes in length. They are introduction episodes, the first moreso than the second. They introduce a majority of important characters, some backstory of the universe etc. etc; A LOT of dialogue. If you can get past the first 2 episodes, moreso the first, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy what the show has to offer.

2) Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou - 24 episode count:

// A really cool show. I have little to no issues, warnings etc. etc. (to give) for the show--maybe the name being sooo japanese, I'm sure you kind find it's english translation on "the wiki" though (or through some other source). Razz

3) Guilty Crown - 22 episode count (ongoing):

// One of the better mecha anime. A really REALLY good mecha anime at that. A "sweet" in a mostly "sour" anime genre; a pretty new anime series too.

4) Deadman Wonderland - 12 episode count:

// One of the few below ~24 episode anime I enjoy; along with FLCL, Hellsing Ultimate, Angel Beats etc. A pretty cool show if I say so myself (which I do).

5) Guin Saga - 26 episode count (ongoing):

// The sometimes weird, "ye ol' english" dialogue may turn some of you guys off. Though, if you can get past that, it's a great series--that's currently ongoing (it's suppose to be 100+ episodes when finished).

"What can change the nature of a man?"

Last edited by The Laughing Man on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:52 am

Watching a new show called Tears of Tiara... lmao... it changes moods like a an ADD kid flipping a light switch.

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:52 am

Scott Chain wrote:
Watching a new show called Tears of Tiara... lmao... it changes moods like a an ADD kid flipping a light switch.

The best type of kid. Razz

Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:03 pm

Apparently the anime Guilty Crown is ongoing (the new season starts January 2012) and it's becoming one of my favorite in the genre. (Those who watched Code Geass will feel right at home with it; it's directed by the director of Death Note and written by the lead writer (creator) of Code Geass).

Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:13 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Apparently the anime Guilty Crown is ongoing (the new season starts January 2012) and it's becoming one of my favorite in the genre. (Those who watched Code Geass will feel right at home with it; it's directed by the director of Death Note and written by the lead writer (creator) of Code Geass).

*nerdgasm*
OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 am

I recommended it once, but, I want to put (a GREAT amount of) emphasis my recommendation.

Fairy Tail.

Basically, if you like One Piece to some degree you'll like Fairy Tail to some degree as well, and if you love One Piece then you'll more than likely love Fairy Tail. Remove the Devil Fruit's and add A LOT of magic (and I do mean A LOT: http://fairytail.wikia.com/wiki/Caster_Magic ; and that's just so far), Remove the pirates and pirate crews, in turn adding knights and mages and guilds, change the the story and setting up, and have a more vibrant animation style; you got Fairy Tale. Did I mention that the series is new and ongoing (currently having 122 episodes), and will be ongoing for quite some time--I know some people like looong animes.

Also, Oda Eiichiro, the creator of One Piece, helped to create (and is continuing helping to create) Fairy Tail. Something quite obvious when you watch the show. Also, no 2:45-3:00 long intros (just for you Scott), since One Piece is the ONLY anime that can do so. (The show does have an ending theme though, like most anime do). Again, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Fairy Tail for those who, at the very least, find One Piece entertaining.

I'm almost 100% sure Valkus and Malcolm would like it, and Scott would probably enjoy it to some degree too. It gives me a similar feeling I have when watching One Piece.

Link to first (subbed) episode on Hulu: http://www.hulu.com/watch/248683/fairy-tail-the-fairy-tail
If you can't use Hulu Malcolm, try animefreak.tv or anime fushigi.

Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:40 pm

Two things:
1. I've started watching Fairy Tail, and you are right Barth, it's awesome. Really really awesome.

2. Thanks to Fairy Tail, I was able to find another anime I used to watch a long time ago. The minute I saw Plue I was sure I had seen it somewhere else. I google'd it and found the other series: Rave Master(I'm going to start watching it again, I really liked it back then). Plue appears on both series because they have the same creator.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Two things:
1. I've started watching Fairy Tail, and you are right Barth, it's awesome. Really really awesome.

2. Thanks to Fairy Tail, I was able to find another anime I used to watch a long time ago. The minute I saw Plue I was sure I had seen it somewhere else. I google'd it and found the other series: Rave Master(I'm going to start watching it again, I really liked it back then). Plue appears on both series because they have the same creator.

Fairy Tail = One Piece + Rave Master; more or less. (Rave Master is awesome).

Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:37 pm

2 ANIME SIMILAR TO ONE PIECE AND FAIRY TAIL (both either have Oda--the One Piece creator--working on (producer, storyline, character design (and story) them or the creator of Fairy Tail (and Rave Master) working on them); mostly for Malcolm and Valkus:

Shakugan no Shana (Burning-Eyed Shana)

A really REALLY cool show. A pretty long (and ongoing) show too. (From the minds of Oda, Hiro, AND Yashichiro (the main creator; helped to create Gintama (another popular series) and a show called A/B).

Toriko

A VERY popular new series. At the rate it's selling it could very well surpass One Piece--which is currently the highest selling manga OF ALL TIME--in sales. (Oda helped on the series too). I personally enjoy the series.

I would also recommend Rave Master. But that has already been discussed by me and Malcolm.

Last edited by The Laughing Man on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:19 pm

So much anime, so little time <.<
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Has anyone here heard/seen the shonen manga/shonen anime (like One Piece) Hitman Reborn! before? Me and my friend are about to start up the series today (there's 203 episodes out so far) and I just wanted to get someone's impression on it. (From what I've been reading about it, the concept etc. seem interesting). I've also heard the first 20 episodes--the first story arc of the series--is quite different than the rest of the series.

Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 am

Barth, a little help please. I want to re-watch FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, but the site where I used to see it had it with megavideo, and both mirrors in AnimeFushigi and AnimeFreak tend to lag a lot halfway through the episodes. Any other place where I can see them?
EDIT: And please, subbed. I can't stand the english dub. It hurts my ears.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:01 am

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Barth, a little help please. I want to re-watch FMA and FMA: Brotherhood, but the site where I used to see it had it with megavideo, and both mirrors in AnimeFushigi and AnimeFreak tend to lag a lot halfway through the episodes. Any other place where I can see them?

Sad to say, I have no idea. The only other place I know that has it is Netflix.

Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:

Sad to say, I have no idea. The only other place I know that has it is Netflix.
Oh well, thanks anyways.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:02 am

Wow... Bleach is... actually over. That was rather... unsatisfying. WTF is with Ichigo's dad?

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:46 am

Scott Chain wrote:
Wow... Bleach is... actually over. That was rather... unsatisfying. WTF is with Ichigo's dad?

Problem, Officer?

Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:42 am

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/unplugged/akira-superfan-builds-iconic-bike-charity-000959542.html

Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:43 am

Ffs, can Ichirō and Tetsurō write an anime where the protagonist doesn't go batshit insane halfway through it.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Wow, I did not expect that ending. Guilty Crown, you deserve it.

Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Wow, I did not expect that ending. Guilty Crown, you deserve it.

Yeah. Guilty Crown is amazing.

I haven't been watching much anime lately, waiting for One Piece to finish Fisman Island arc so I (and my friend) can watch it all in one sitting--they just started the fights between Luffy and crew vs. Hody and crew--and waiting for Fairy Tail to hit the Grand Magic Games arc. (I have been reading the mangas weekly though, like always; and keeping up with the series). Other than that...nothing much to write home about. If you count The Legend of Korra as anime, then, I just finished season #1; twas ok.

Me and my friend may start up Hitman Reborn!, another shonen, but...I'm not too sure about the series just yet--the main character is...horrible.

Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:28 pm

I think I'm going to watch Soul Eater now. And I'm still looking for the subbed version of FM:A, since I want to punch the american actors in the throat.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
I think I'm going to watch Soul Eater now. And I'm still looking for the subbed version of FM:A, since I want to punch the american actors in the throat.

I love Soul Eater! You should enjoy it (if you already seen it, you know what I mean). You may not like it though, Scott doesn't like it afterall--different tastes for different people.

Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:46 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:

I love Soul Eater! You should enjoy it (if you already seen it, you know what I mean). You may not like it though, Scott doesn't like it afterall--different tastes for different people.
I'll start watching it after the Italy vs England match. Also, what can you tell me about Steins;gate?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:52 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:

I'll start watching it after the Italy vs England match. Also, what can you tell me about Steins;gate?

Only that I've heard of it, and seen one of its opening, never watched it however. Though, it's on my list of anime to watch one day (with my friend). We're either going to watch Hitman Reborn! next, or, Fate/zero + Fate/stay Night next; we've taken about a...1 1/2 month break from anime (not manga).

Back to top Go down
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:05 pm

Ok, first episode of Soul Eater. It was.............. odd, I guess. It was actually fun, and I really like the art style, but I can see why some people wouldn't like it. But it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Manga / Anime Recommendation Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next