The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If you could live...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

If you could live... Empty
PostSubject: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Note: I'M NOT ASKING YOU TO PICK A MOVIE/VIDEO GAME FANTASY OR SCI-FI UNIVERSE TO LIVE IN, JUST, WOULD YOU LIVE IN EITHER A FANTASY OR SCI-FI UNIVERSE IF GIVEN THE CHOICE AND YOU HAD TO PICK ONE.

If you could live in either a fantasy universe (high fantasy or dark fantasy) OR a sci-fi universe (high sci-fi or dark sci-fi) which TYPE of universe would you live in? The fantasy universe can have your typical fantasy races; Elves, Dwarves, Orcs and Goblins etc. The sci-fi universe can have your typical fantasy...'races'; Cyborgs, Robots, and various alien lifeforms. Fantasy and its sword-play/magic, sci-fi and its guns/technology.

Fantasy includes series like:

--Lord of the Rings
--The Elder Scrolls
--Game of Thrones
--Dungeon & Dragons
--The Witcher

Sci-fi includes series like:

--Deus Ex
--STAR WARS
--Star Trek
--The Fifth Element
--Dead Space

Fantasy picture:

If you could live... Imagecpq

Sci-fi picture:

If you could live... 91852

Think nice and hard, because I know it's a hard choice for many.

Last edited by The Laughing Man on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 pm

In all honesty, I think I would live in a fantasy universe over a sci-fi one; though it's very close.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:24 pm

If it's a fantasy world wherein the gods (if applicable) interact more or less directly with their faithful, I'd pick that over a Sci Fi.

Otherwise, I'd take the Sci-Fi world, if it's to the point where meeting aliens, friendly or otherwise, was commonplace.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
If it's a fantasy world wherein the gods (if applicable) interact more or less directly with their faithful, I'd pick that over a Sci Fi.

Otherwise, I'd take the Sci-Fi world, if it's to the point where meeting aliens, friendly or otherwise, was commonplace.

The gods can interact--more or less--with their faithful in the fantasy universe, if you want them to; as long as it falls inside the bounds of fantasy, its fine.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Sci Fi... Star Wars & Dune > any fantasy I've seen... I love almost every detail of them.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Sci Fi... Star Wars & Dune > any fantasy I've seen... I love almost every detail of them.

STAR WARS is pretty...shitty nowadays (i.e. most newer EU written/fanfic material, Kinect STAR WARS, The Force Unleashed, SW:TOR etc etc), but I agree 110% on the awesomeness of Dune. (I think the only modern STAR WARS material I really like is KoTOR 1 and 2). Me and my dad like Dune a lot, but not my mom--though she likes STAR WARS.

Last edited by The Laughing Man on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:43 pm

I would go to a fantasy setting in a hearbeat. The only setting that could beat it would be a post-apocalyptic world.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
I would go to a fantasy setting in a hearbeat. The only setting that could beat it would be a post-apocalyptic world.

Post-apocalyptic does fall into the realm of sci-fi, if you didn't know that. And I'm surprised you would live in such a...dangerous universe as post-apocalyptic.

I would like to live in either a...pure sci-fi universe (i.e. STAR WARS) or a cyberpunk universe (i.e. Deus Ex) if I did choose sci-fi over fantasy; more than likely cyberpunk, cuz itz coolz.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:52 pm

I actually like the modern SW universe... well most of it... there are a few things that irk me. Mainly TFU2, black saberz, and some other minor details.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
I actually like the modern SW universe... well most of it... there are a few things that irk me. Mainly TFU2, black saberz, and some other minor details.

Yeah, there's some good stuff. But there's some crap too (i.e. Yuuzhan Vong conflict), but it mostly comes down to opinion. For instance: I HATE EU that involves Luke Skywalker and his kin, because I HATE (HATE!!!) Luke Skywalker. EU Luke; he's such a 'Mary Sue' (yes...I know I'm not using the term 100% correctly) Jedi it isn't even funny. I hate him for the same reasons I kinda-sorta hate Commander Shepard and Liara. There's also people who enjoy EU Luke though.

I prefer my STAR WARS EU pre-Clone Wars.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:59 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

Yeah, there's some good stuff. But there's some crap too (i.e. Yuuzhan Vong conflict), but it mostly comes down to opinion. For instance: I HATE EU that involves Luke Skywalker and his kin, because I HATE (HATE!!!) Luke Skywalker. EU Luke; he's such a 'Mary Sue' (yes...I know I'm not using the term 100% correctly) Jedi it isn't even funny. I hate him for the same reasons I kinda-sorta hate Commander Shepard and Liara. There's also people who enjoy EU Luke though.

Hahaha.. but you hate a lot of things (as you state repeatedly)...
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 am

Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

True enough. Tiz better to hate(r) on everyting and not be racist. Problem, Officer?
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 12:08 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

True enough. Tiz better to hate(r) on everyting and not be racist. Problem, Officer?

Well according to University proffs... if yer white... that's unavoidable. Yo, Imma Let You Fin
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:47 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:

Post-apocalyptic does fall into the realm of sci-fi, if you didn't know that. And I'm surprised you would live in such a...dangerous universe as post-apocalyptic.

I would like to live in either a...pure sci-fi universe (i.e. STAR WARS) or a cyberpunk universe (i.e. Deus Ex) if I did choose sci-fi over fantasy; more than likely cyberpunk, cuz itz coolz.
Well, there are post-apocalyptic settings set in fantasy worlds, so it's kinda-sorta it's own genre. And I don't know, I have this stange fictation for Post-apocalytic settings(IE: Fallout). It would really depen on which universe do I get to live.
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:53 am

I just want to find the planet of the big titted nymphomaniacs...

My dreams would be complete...

Oh...

Fantasy:
LOTR
Warcraft
Elder Scrolls

Sci Fi:
Fallout
Mass Effect
Star Wars
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 am

Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

Well according to University proffs... if yer white... that's unavoidable. Yo, Imma Let You Fin

You're also a child molester, according to (ignorant) blacks.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:29 am

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:

Well, there are post-apocalyptic settings set in fantasy worlds, so it's kinda-sorta it's own genre. And I don't know, I have this stange fictation for Post-apocalytic settings(IE: Fallout). It would really depen on which universe do I get to live.

I have to be honest, I've NEVER seen post-apocalyptic fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:28 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

I have to be honest, I've NEVER seen post-apocalyptic fantasy.
Of the top of my head, several DnD settings, Magic: the Gathering after the Brothers War, and that's about it :p
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 2:52 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

I've... never heard that one...
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:11 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

Was rare..ish, becoming more and more common.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:21 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

Not around here... :\
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:41 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

I could tell you why... Problem, Officer?

Even though I don't really know why.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 11:10 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

I could tell you why... Problem, Officer?

Even though I don't really know why.

If you could live... 133453655717
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you could live...   If you could live... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you could live...
Page 1 of 1