The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prometheus

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A-Train
A-Train

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:09 pm

Have any of you seen it yet? I saw it on Friday, and it was okay. I mean, great acting, special effects were amazing, but what the fuck was up with the plot?

I saw Alien by the way. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:33 pm

The alien race in Prometheus = ancestors to the Xenomorphs. Or so...I read.
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 pm

You mean the giant facehuggers?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Aeraie wrote:
You mean the giant facehuggers?

Yeah. And the ruins of the civilization scattered around. It's like...a distant prequel to Alien, Aliens etc.
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Aeraie wrote:
but what the fuck was up with the plot?

What specifically confused you?
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 pm

Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
Aeraie wrote:

The process of the Alien species development. So we've got this black shit that infects one guy who then fucks his girlfriend who gets really pregnant really fast. She then gets rid of the facehugger fetus and leaves. Later on it turns out to be a giant facehugger and then the other Alien has the normal Alien (without a little mouth, might I add) pop out of his chest.

On the other hand, we've got the biologist who gets a facehugger/ray thing on his face and then dies.

So what's it do? Make pregnancies? Kill people? Make people come back to life? Make giant facehuggers?
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 1:42 am

Burkman wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

You read wrong. The Space Jockeys (Mala'kak) were victims of the Xenomorphs and had no connections the Xenomorph species. You first saw these Space Jockeys in the first Alien movie when they went onto that derelict crashed ship. (They were already dead) And the trunk things you see on them are actually a helmet of sorts.

Actually they use the alien eggs as biological weapons which they drop onto a planet to descemate the population.

Oh and this movie brings up so much questions...

SPOILER ALERT!

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 am

Still waiting to see... might go later this week or weekend.
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 4:13 am

Aeraie wrote:
Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
Aeraie wrote:

The process of the Alien species development. So we've got this black shit that infects one guy who then fucks his girlfriend who gets really pregnant really fast. She then gets rid of the facehugger fetus and leaves. Later on it turns out to be a giant facehugger and then the other Alien has the normal Alien (without a little mouth, might I add) pop out of his chest.

On the other hand, we've got the biologist who gets a facehugger/ray thing on his face and then dies.

So what's it do? Make pregnancies? Kill people? Make people come back to life? Make giant facehuggers?

As far as I can tell there are multiple vectors for infection kind of like real live viruses can be transferred through bodily fluids or through the air, or move genetically from one species to another (Contagion gives a good example of this at the end of the film, where a fictional virus based off of a real virus is transferred from a bat to a pig to a human).

It's also important to note that the planet they were on is not the planet from Alien/Aliens. So that's an "alien" but from a different species. The same thing happens in Alien 3 where you get a four legged Alien that comes out of a cow (or a dog, depending on which version you watch).

To borrow the pilot's idea that the Engineers were out there to test bioweapons, these "face huggers" and "aliens" are a different version (earlier) of the weapons than we see later in the Alien Quadrilogy.
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 2:09 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
Burkman wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

You read wrong. The Space Jockeys (Mala'kak) were victims of the Xenomorphs and had no connections the Xenomorph species. You first saw these Space Jockeys in the first Alien movie when they went onto that derelict crashed ship. (They were already dead) And the trunk things you see on them are actually a helmet of sorts.

Actually they use the alien eggs as biological weapons which they drop onto a planet to descemate the population.

Oh and this movie brings up so much questions...

SPOILER ALERT!

Loved this video.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 6:16 pm

Can a truly living thing even be a biological weapon? I know biological weapons can be made up of fungi etc. but...a Xenomorph isn't really like a fungi. Wouldn't they simply be called a living weapon?
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 7:26 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Can a truly living thing even be a biological weapon? I know biological weapons can be made up of fungi etc. but...a Xenomorph isn't really like a fungi. Wouldn't they simply be called a living weapon?

Except they do infect then kill the host while continuing to spread. It's a little like that fungus in the Amazon that causes the host to go crazy and sprout more fungi. The definition of biological weapon is pretty much that, any living entity that uses the host to replicate itself.

It's like the difference between a spitting cobra (weapon), and a parasite that kills you (biological weapon).
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

Except they do infect then kill the host while continuing to spread. It's a little like that fungus in the Amazon that causes the host to go crazy and sprout more fungi. The definition of biological weapon is pretty much that, any living entity that uses the host to replicate itself.

It's like the difference between a spitting cobra (weapon), and a parasite that kills you (biological weapon).

Some wasps lay their eggs in other insects, which hatch, then eating the insect from the inside out. Doesn't mean their a biological weapon. I really don't think Xenomorphs are a biological weapon. Yo, Imma Let You Fin
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 12:38 am

The Laughing Man wrote:

Some wasps lay their eggs in other insects, which hatch, then eating the insect from the inside out. Doesn't mean their a biological weapon. I really don't think Xenomorphs are a biological weapon. Yo, Imma Let You Fin

Dunno what to tell you, so here's the dictionary:

biological warfare 
noun
warfare that makes use of bacteria, viruses, toxins, etc., to disable or destroy people, domestic animals, and food crops. Abbreviation: B.W.

— n
BW the use of living organisms or their toxic products to induce death or incapacity in humans and animals and damage to plant crops, etc

biological warfare n.
The use of disease-producing microorganisms, toxic biological products, or organic biocides to cause death or injury to humans, animals, or plants.
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:28 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

Actually i live in the part of the Netherlands with a lot of greenhouses where those wasps are used in greenhouses to kill insects that eat away the product. It is also biological warfare but on a small scale.

Ofcourse it is a biological weapon. If you use a certain dumb creature that infects the local population on purpose it is a biological weapon. Anthrax are also bacteria, it is a know biological weapon. The alien might be larger then a bacteria but it is still a biological weapon.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:57 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

Actually i live in the part of the Netherlands with a lot of greenhouses where those wasps are used in greenhouses to kill insects that eat away the product. It is also biological warfare but on a small scale.

Ofcourse it is a biological weapon. If you use a certain dumb creature that infects the local population on purpose it is a biological weapon. Anthrax are also bacteria, it is a know biological weapon. The alien might be larger then a bacteria but it is still a biological weapon.

hahaha I agree with Titan's avatar...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prometheus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prometheus   Prometheus Empty

Back to top Go down

Prometheus
Page 1 of 1