A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society
 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Oh man...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 26
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

PostSubject: Oh man...   Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Oh man...



...shit makes me want to travel more...

Oh man...



...shit makes me EVEN MORE afraid of insects, especially flying insects...

_________________


"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:37 am

I hate you and love you in equal amounts...........
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:47 am

I can think of a lot more not so well known geological features in the world that are pretty funky looking...

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2877
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:04 am

Scott Chain wrote:
I can think of a lot more not so well known geological features in the world that are pretty funky looking...

Though none in Europe... -_-
And certainly none in Holland...
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 1488
Join date : 2010-06-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:44 am

TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
I can think of a lot more not so well known geological features in the world that are pretty funky looking...

Though none in Europe... -_-
And certainly none in Holland...

I hear the Dutch have cool levees.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:41 am

TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
I can think of a lot more not so well known geological features in the world that are pretty funky looking...

Though none in Europe... -_-
And certainly none in Holland...

Actually up in the UK there's the Giant's Causeway which I've been to:


They're a bunch of near perfect hexagonal basaltic rocks along the shore of Northern Ireland. You can google more pics if you'd like.

I'm trying to think of others... Greece has some interesting formations along the coast not seen anywere else in the world as does Sain.

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2877
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
I can think of a lot more not so well known geological features in the world that are pretty funky looking...

Though none in Europe... -_-
And certainly none in Holland...

Actually up in the UK there's the Giant's Causeway which I've been to:


They're a bunch of near perfect hexagonal basaltic rocks along the shore of Northern Ireland. You can google more pics if you'd like.

I'm trying to think of others... Greece has some interesting formations along the coast not seen anywere else in the world as does Sain.

Those formations aren't natural i think. Probably mined out during the celtic/roman period.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:06 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
I can think of a lot more not so well known geological features in the world that are pretty funky looking...

Though none in Europe... -_-
And certainly none in Holland...

Actually up in the UK there's the Giant's Causeway which I've been to:


They're a bunch of near perfect hexagonal basaltic rocks along the shore of Northern Ireland. You can google more pics if you'd like.

I'm trying to think of others... Greece has some interesting formations along the coast not seen anywere else in the world as does Sain.

Those formations aren't natural i think. Probably mined out during the celtic/roman period.

No they are natural... uncovered by the sea and glaciers. Mining doesn't "create" formations btw... these formations were created millions of years ago.

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2877
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Scott Chain wrote:


They're a bunch of near perfect hexagonal basaltic rocks along the shore of Northern Ireland. You can google more pics if you'd like.

I'm trying to think of others... Greece has some interesting formations along the coast not seen anywere else in the world as does Sain.

Those formations aren't natural i think. Probably mined out during the celtic/roman period. [/quote]

No they are natural... uncovered by the sea and glaciers. Mining doesn't "create" formations btw... these formations were created millions of years ago.[/quote]

Hmm... Interresting...
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:12 pm

What kills me... is that there are a bunch of young earth creationists that claim the formations are only 5000 years old on account of the Old Testimate. I may be Christian... but it's hard to ignore empirical evidence and facts of the geologic timescale guys. >.<

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2877
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:15 pm

Scott Chain wrote:


What kills me... is that there are a bunch of young earth creationists that claim the formations are only 5000 years old on account of the Old Testimate. I may be Christian... but it's hard to ignore empirical evidence and facts of the geologic timescale guys. >.<

The bible is largely bullshit. Just stories with made up miracles.
The not saying that it doesn't hold some historical facts. But largely it is bullshit and not meant to be literal.

I hate people whom believe every fucking word of it.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:34 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:


What kills me... is that there are a bunch of young earth creationists that claim the formations are only 5000 years old on account of the Old Testimate. I may be Christian... but it's hard to ignore empirical evidence and facts of the geologic timescale guys. >.<

The bible is largely bullshit. Just stories with made up miracles.
The not saying that it doesn't hold some historical facts. But largely it is bullshit and not meant to be literal.

I hate people whom believe every fucking word of it.

The Bible isn't "bullshit" (Please use a more educated description Titan). The Bible is something that is interpreted... interpretation can lead to misguided ideals and mistakes. On top of which it's a book that has been translated so many times you can't take it word for word (like a lot of people unfortunately do today). There's enough of a good reason for people to discard it and call it worthless. But believe it or not... it makes some people good people.

Let me put it this way. If you're looking for hate... you'll find hate in the Bible. If you're looking for peace... you'll find peace in the Bible... and so on. What you look for in it is what you get out. This has been shown throughout history again and again.

From my perspective: it doesn't work for everyone... it's NOT perfect... it DOESN'T hold all of life's answers... but... it IS a good guide on life's and society's morals... plenty of nice/good people live by it... I'm happy and think of myself as generally and open minded person because of it... so it works for me.

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2877
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:


What kills me... is that there are a bunch of young earth creationists that claim the formations are only 5000 years old on account of the Old Testimate. I may be Christian... but it's hard to ignore empirical evidence and facts of the geologic timescale guys. >.<

The bible is largely bullshit. Just stories with made up miracles.
The not saying that it doesn't hold some historical facts. But largely it is bullshit and not meant to be literal.

I hate people whom believe every fucking word of it.

The Bible isn't "bullshit" (Please use a more educated description Titan). The Bible is something that is interpreted... interpretation can lead to misguided ideals and mistakes. On top of which it's a book that has been translated so many times you can't take it word for word (like a lot of people unfortunately do today). There's enough of a good reason for people to discard it and call it worthless. But believe it or not... it makes some people good people.

Let me put it this way. If you're looking for hate... you'll find hate in the Bible. If you're looking for peace... you'll find peace in the Bible... and so on. What you look for in it is what you get out. This has been shown throughout history again and again.

From my perspective: it doesn't work for everyone... it's NOT perfect... it DOESN'T hold all of life's answers... but... it IS a good guide on life's and society's morals... plenty of nice/good people live by it... I'm happy and think of myself as generally and open minded person because of it... so it works for me.

I am not saying it is worthless. Some historical facts are in it. But it is largely bullshit. The stories/ the miracles all made up by "cavemen" whom didn't knew better that time. Some stories might have good lessons. Some are just awfull. If you can get some life lessons and support in life out of it. I think it is fine.

(the part below isn't directed against you specifically Scott, i do not think you are such a person.)

But don't tell me that you think all those "miracles" actually happened. And don't tell me that your god is a kind and forgiving God. Because on most accounts in the old testament he is not. And in the new he isn't either. If you belief in the literal version of the bible you are an idiot and i can't take you seriously.

And certainly don't ram your religion down my throat. Religion should be like this (i am not original i know)

Religion should be like your dick. You shouldn't ramm it down people's throats.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:05 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:


What kills me... is that there are a bunch of young earth creationists that claim the formations are only 5000 years old on account of the Old Testimate. I may be Christian... but it's hard to ignore empirical evidence and facts of the geologic timescale guys. >.<

The bible is largely bullshit. Just stories with made up miracles.
The not saying that it doesn't hold some historical facts. But largely it is bullshit and not meant to be literal.

I hate people whom believe every fucking word of it.

The Bible isn't "bullshit" (Please use a more educated description Titan). The Bible is something that is interpreted... interpretation can lead to misguided ideals and mistakes. On top of which it's a book that has been translated so many times you can't take it word for word (like a lot of people unfortunately do today). There's enough of a good reason for people to discard it and call it worthless. But believe it or not... it makes some people good people.

Let me put it this way. If you're looking for hate... you'll find hate in the Bible. If you're looking for peace... you'll find peace in the Bible... and so on. What you look for in it is what you get out. This has been shown throughout history again and again.

From my perspective: it doesn't work for everyone... it's NOT perfect... it DOESN'T hold all of life's answers... but... it IS a good guide on life's and society's morals... plenty of nice/good people live by it... I'm happy and think of myself as generally and open minded person because of it... so it works for me.

I am not saying it is worthless. Some historical facts are in it. But it is largely bullshit. The stories/ the miracles all made up by "cavemen" whom didn't knew better that time. Some stories might have good lessons. Some are just awfull. If you can get some life lessons and support in life out of it. I think it is fine.

(the part below isn't directed against you specifically Scott, i do not think you are such a person.)

But don't tell me that you think all those "miracles" actually happened. And don't tell me that your god is a kind and forgiving God. Because on most accounts in the old testament he is not. And in the new he isn't either. If you belief in the literal version of the bible you are an idiot and i can't take you seriously.

And certainly don't ram your religion down my throat. Religion should be like this (i am not original i know)

Religion should be like your dick. You shouldn't ramm it down people's throats.

I believe I stated I don't think it's for everyone (I believe that's the opposite of ramming it down ones throat). Nor do I believe you are wrong for not agreeing with my beliefs. I don't take the Bible literally... I take it as a decent guide. Like I've said before... respect my beliefs... I'll respect yours. You don't have to agree with a belief to respect it. I believe a belief is respectable until the point it physically harms my family.

Is God kind? Well... we'll leave that to fate and not a book. Did those miracles happen... do miracles exist? I've seen some crazy shit in my short life... been a lot of places. That being said... I can't say one way or the other. At the end of the day it's about peace of mind to me... I can't be with my family all the time... I can't know everything there is to know.

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2877
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Scott Chain wrote:

I believe I stated I don't think it's for everyone (I believe that's the opposite of ramming it down ones throat). Nor do I believe you are wrong for not agreeing with my beliefs. I don't take the Bible literally... I take it as a decent guide. Like I've said before... respect my beliefs... I'll respect yours. You don't have to agree with a belief to respect it. I believe a belief is respectable until the point it physically harms my family.

Is God kind? Well... we'll leave that to fate and not a book. Did those miracles happen... do miracles exist? I've seen some crazy shit in my short life... been a lot of places. That being said... I can't say one way or the other. At the end of the day it's about peace of mind to me... I can't be with my family all the time... I can't know everything there is to know.

I do not belief in a lot of things, if anything. I only accept things that i deem factually proven around me. Which i can physically or either mentally place in a logic order. I do not believe or believe in a God. I deny it's existence because it is not proven that it exists. I do not say it doesn't exist because i can't prove it doesn't exist. (except for the biblical one, but in the old testament it kinda shoots itself in the foot. At the first chapter already. Adam and Eve... 2 white people in the jungle, whoopty do.)

Morality however doesn't exist either. Now group instinct that does exist. And that is where we get our so called "morals" from. Our species wouldn't exist if we didn't work together to survive. That is the reason why we have the social behavioural codes. Purely so the group can function and the herd (what we call society) can thrive. However individually we have needs as well, and when we don't get what we want we start to find ways to get what we want. By extortion, murder, corruption, appeasement of the right individuals, stealing or simply working hard to get the status in the herd to be entitled for the object or status symbol.

I think religion is bullshit because it requires assumption, not thought. And people that believe that the earth is 5000 years old and start claiming it as a truth. And spewing it out as if it has any scientific/realistic ground to stand on. Well... Fuck them, it is pisses me off. The ignorance and stupidity of religions, should be over one day. Religion is blind stupidity. If you use it as a guide, i can understand. But that means you do not claim it as a truth. That is decent, as long as you do not take the loads of bullshit in it literally.

Oh and...

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/2178331/382a1fd9/het_hele_jezus_verhaal.html

Just funny...
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:26 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

I believe I stated I don't think it's for everyone (I believe that's the opposite of ramming it down ones throat). Nor do I believe you are wrong for not agreeing with my beliefs. I don't take the Bible literally... I take it as a decent guide. Like I've said before... respect my beliefs... I'll respect yours. You don't have to agree with a belief to respect it. I believe a belief is respectable until the point it physically harms my family.

Is God kind? Well... we'll leave that to fate and not a book. Did those miracles happen... do miracles exist? I've seen some crazy shit in my short life... been a lot of places. That being said... I can't say one way or the other. At the end of the day it's about peace of mind to me... I can't be with my family all the time... I can't know everything there is to know.

I do not belief in a lot of things, if anything. I only accept things that i deem factually proven around me. Which i can physically or either mentally place in a logic order. I do not believe or believe in a God. I deny it's existence because it is not proven that it exists. I do not say it doesn't exist because i can't prove it doesn't exist. (except for the biblical one, but in the old testament it kinda shoots itself in the foot. At the first chapter already. Adam and Eve... 2 white people in the jungle, whoopty do.)

Morality however doesn't exist either. Now group instinct that does exist. And that is where we get our so called "morals" from. Our species wouldn't exist if we didn't work together to survive. That is the reason why we have the social behavioural codes. Purely so the group can function and the herd (what we call society) can thrive. However individually we have needs as well, and when we don't get what we want we start to find ways to get what we want. By extortion, murder, corruption, appeasement of the right individuals, stealing or simply working hard to get the status in the herd to be entitled for the object or status symbol.

I think religion is bullshit because it requires assumption, not thought. And people that believe that the earth is 5000 years old and start claiming it as a truth. And spewing it out as if it has any scientific/realistic ground to stand on. Well... Fuck them, it is pisses me off. The ignorance and stupidity of religions, should be over one day. Religion is blind stupidity. If you use it as a guide, i can understand. But that means you do not claim it as a truth. That is decent, as long as you do not take the loads of bullshit in it literally.

Oh and...

http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/2178331/382a1fd9/het_hele_jezus_verhaal.html

Just funny...

We'll agree to disagree on the bold. As a scientist I am compelled to look at all facts... and ALL possibilities. I am a logical and scientific thinker. It's just the way I'm built. Science, contrary to popular belief, has not disproven religion nor has it proven it. Scientists aren't all atheists. Religion is built upon faith... like the faith we have that that is air we're breathing. The faith that gravity will pull us back to Earth when we jump. The faith we have in science... maybe that's a religion. IDK... But science has also proven what we can't see, touch, smell, taste, or hear... can still be there (do not mistaken that as WILL be there). Maybe god doesn't exist... maybe god is a concept of a trillion tiny particles that make up our existence. Who knows... we'll find out someday. Until then... why fix what's not broken? Cheers...

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:59 pm

How did this turned into a religious debate?

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:19 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
How did this turned into a religious debate?


I thought it was pretty tame... now onto more important things...


_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
How did this turned into a religious debate?


I thought it was pretty tame... now onto more important things...

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Well, there are some very cruel events that happened in the Bible. To be completely honest, if God really does exist, he seems more like a tyrant than anything else. John Milton's Paradise Lost made it seem like God was the bad guy.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 am

Tbh, the only answer that can reconcile real life with Christianity is that god just lets us live our lives in this plane, giving us free will to do what we want. But he doesn't interfere at all. Is the only thing that can match with real life.

I also think that if god exists, he would be too busy with the whole being omnipotent and such to care what people do with their own genitalia(inside the parameters established, like no rape, etc). I just don't see why god would give a shit about people being gay or shit.
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2877
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:05 am

Scott Chain wrote:

We'll agree to disagree on the bold. As a scientist I am compelled to look at all facts... and ALL possibilities. I am a logical and scientific thinker. It's just the way I'm built. Science, contrary to popular belief, has not disproven religion nor has it proven it. Scientists aren't all atheists. Religion is built upon faith... like the faith we have that that is air we're breathing. (we see the effects so we know it is there. Furthermore, we have studied it under microscopes and we know it's molecular structure.) The faith that gravity will pull us back to Earth when we jump. (That is not faith either, we can see it's effects, so we know it is there.) The faith we have in science... maybe that's a religion. IDK... (Religion requires faith, science requires fact. Science is no religion, because you don't pray to science. And furthermore, we don't get a tax exam status.) But science has also proven what we can't see, touch, smell, taste, or hear... can still be there (do not mistaken that as WILL be there). (And that is what we call a theory, untill something is proven it remains a theory. Simply because we aren't sure it is true.) Maybe god doesn't exist... maybe god is a concept of a trillion tiny particles that make up our existence. Who knows... we'll find out someday. Until then... why fix what's not broken? (All major religions are broken, the concept of a god/creator is not.) Cheers...

Makes it easier/
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:01 am

TitanT2 wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

We'll agree to disagree on the bold. As a scientist I am compelled to look at all facts... and ALL possibilities. I am a logical and scientific thinker. It's just the way I'm built. Science, contrary to popular belief, has not disproven religion nor has it proven it. Scientists aren't all atheists. Religion is built upon faith... like the faith we have that that is air we're breathing. (we see the effects so we know it is there. Furthermore, we have studied it under microscopes and we know it's molecular structure.) The faith that gravity will pull us back to Earth when we jump. (That is not faith either, we can see it's effects, so we know it is there.) The faith we have in science... maybe that's a religion. IDK... (Religion requires faith, science requires fact. Science is no religion, because you don't pray to science. And furthermore, we don't get a tax exam status.) But science has also proven what we can't see, touch, smell, taste, or hear... can still be there (do not mistaken that as WILL be there). (And that is what we call a theory, untill something is proven it remains a theory. Simply because we aren't sure it is true.) Maybe god doesn't exist... maybe god is a concept of a trillion tiny particles that make up our existence. Who knows... we'll find out someday. Until then... why fix what's not broken? (All major religions are broken, the concept of a god/creator is not.) Cheers...

Makes it easier/

(we see the effects so we know it is there. Furthermore, we have studied it under microscopes and we know it's molecular structure.)
-We didn't always (that was my point)... and there are many things we observe that we can't explain... gravity in general and inertia of a galaxy are at the top of that list.

(That is not faith either, we can see it's effects, so we know it is there.)
-No it is faith... if you know anything of chaos theory. The rules here might not apply there (this is more in an interdimensional sense). You see it happen everyday therefore your mind tells you it must be an absolute truth (this is what we call bad science but none the less humans are wired this way because we are conceptual creatures).

(Religion requires faith, science requires fact. Science is no religion, because you don't pray to science. And furthermore, we don't get a tax exam status.)
-Science doesn't require fact... it requires observation and scientific method. I find you a bit ignorant to think praying is simply related to religion and is the definition of one. I lul'd at the last part.

(And that is what we call a theory, untill something is proven it remains a theory. Simply because we aren't sure it is true.)
-Contrary to popular belief Laws aren't perfect (they follow a long line of observations that repeat with the same results)... they are only defined within the perimeters of their study. IE: The Ideal Gas Law... Newtons Laws...

(All major religions are broken, the concept of a god/creator is not.)
-I was referring to my personal belief (it works for me so why change it?)... on top of which your statement is opinionated.

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Oh man...   

Back to top Go down
 
Oh man...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: