The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to buy a new computer

Go down 
+2
Ixidor Asgrod
A-Train
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

I want to buy a new computer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I want to buy a new computer   I want to buy a new computer - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 10:54 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

Probably 2-3 years. It was $800 when I bought it.

Then that's yer prob... Wink

Excellent quote for computers:

"As soon as you plug it in at home, it's obsolete."

2 or 3 years is enough time for a computer to essentially fossilize

I remember when computers lasted more than half a decade...
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: I want to buy a new computer   I want to buy a new computer - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 1:18 am

Scott Chain wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:
For the most part,, beyond motherboards, it's as simple as "Reach in, pick out old part, slap in new one."

Maybe plug in a power cable from the power supply.

This. If, however, you really don't plan on upgrading at all, then the Alienware is your best bet imo. You're probably paying more than you need to, but it will run everything well, you don't have to install anything yourself, and the only way to make it substantially cheaper at the same performance is to build it yourself or buy something cheaper and upgrade it yourself.

Alienware is all look with no bite, high burnout history, and you're paying for the name of a once good computer... just get an HP Pavilion Notebook or something... my brother has one (got it last year)... it's cheap ($400-$600 if that)... and he even runs all his games with their graphics on high (Skyrim included)... and that's after he's modded them to death.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but the HP notebook I have, can't run any games on high. I've owned two alienware computers and never had a problem with either of them.

Well how old is your HP notebook?

True, but I use a desktop for gaming.
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I want to buy a new computer   I want to buy a new computer - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 2:53 am

Sergei Meranov wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:
For the most part,, beyond motherboards, it's as simple as "Reach in, pick out old part, slap in new one."

Maybe plug in a power cable from the power supply.

This. If, however, you really don't plan on upgrading at all, then the Alienware is your best bet imo. You're probably paying more than you need to, but it will run everything well, you don't have to install anything yourself, and the only way to make it substantially cheaper at the same performance is to build it yourself or buy something cheaper and upgrade it yourself.

Alienware is all look with no bite, high burnout history, and you're paying for the name of a once good computer... just get an HP Pavilion Notebook or something... my brother has one (got it last year)... it's cheap ($400-$600 if that)... and he even runs all his games with their graphics on high (Skyrim included)... and that's after he's modded them to death.

Well, I can only speak for myself, but the HP notebook I have, can't run any games on high. I've owned two alienware computers and never had a problem with either of them.

Well how old is your HP notebook?

True, but I use a desktop for gaming.

Slanderous lies... I see le zebra behind the screen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to buy a new computer   I want to buy a new computer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to buy a new computer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: