A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society
 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Is it just me?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Is it just me?   Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:56 pm

Well, recently, there was this news about the dad of a boy that died in a car crash asking for forgiveness to the driver of the car. The son, another person and the driver were on the same car, all drunk, and the driver crashed, killing the son and the girl in the car, leaving the driver alive. Here's the article: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz26ZUS7H3x

I've had a lot of discussion about the topic, and I can't feel symphaty for the driver. I want him to go to jail, and when he gets out(after a long time, and I mean, really long), he shouldn't be allowed to drive any vehicle for the rest of his life.

So, my question is, am I the only one that thinks that way? Am I being extremist? Am I being a moron?
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:52 pm

No... seriously... are you just naturally morbid... or can't you find something better to post?

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 26
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
No... seriously... are you just naturally morbid... or can't you find something better to post?

When the world's shit it's hard NOT TO be morbid.

_________________


"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:01 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
No... seriously... are you just naturally morbid... or can't you find something better to post?

When the world's shit it's hard NOT TO be morbid.

There are plenty of good things to post too...

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:34 am

Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
No... seriously... are you just naturally morbid... or can't you find something better to post?

When the world's shit it's hard NOT TO be morbid.

There are plenty of good things to post too...

Like the protester that died burning the american flag due to the smoke? Like the dumbass rapper who got himself and four others killed because he thought it would be funny to drive at 120mph while drunk because "YOLO"?
Like how my country is closer to entering a civil war? I look for good things, but I can't find shit. The last thing that I read that raised my spirit was on Cracked!
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:51 am

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
No... seriously... are you just naturally morbid... or can't you find something better to post?

When the world's shit it's hard NOT TO be morbid.

There are plenty of good things to post too...

Like the protester that died burning the american flag due to the smoke? Like the dumbass rapper who got himself and four others killed because he thought it would be funny to drive at 120mph while drunk because "YOLO"?
Like how my country is closer to entering a civil war? I look for good things, but I can't find shit. The last thing that I read that raised my spirit was on Cracked!

Like the fact that a little girl was saved by research on the Black Plague... like that a child was born to a soldier in the middle of a battle... like that they're finding a way to crash a plane while keeping most everyone alive... like that we're not going to invade Canada.

I'll uh... I'll link that last one... made me lol...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/19/13957722-state-department-no-secret-plan-to-invade-canada

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:


There are plenty of good things to post too...

Like the protester that died burning the american flag due to the smoke? Like the dumbass rapper who got himself and four others killed because he thought it would be funny to drive at 120mph while drunk because "YOLO"?
Like how my country is closer to entering a civil war? I look for good things, but I can't find shit. The last thing that I read that raised my spirit was on Cracked!

Like the fact that a little girl was saved by research on the Black Plague... like that a child was born to a soldier in the middle of a battle... like that they're finding a way to crash a plane while keeping most everyone alive... like that we're not going to invade Canada.

I'll uh... I'll link that last one... made me lol...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/19/13957722-state-department-no-secret-plan-to-invade-canada
That's all nice, but that still doesn't answer my original question bounce
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:


There are plenty of good things to post too...

Like the protester that died burning the american flag due to the smoke? Like the dumbass rapper who got himself and four others killed because he thought it would be funny to drive at 120mph while drunk because "YOLO"?
Like how my country is closer to entering a civil war? I look for good things, but I can't find shit. The last thing that I read that raised my spirit was on Cracked!

Like the fact that a little girl was saved by research on the Black Plague... like that a child was born to a soldier in the middle of a battle... like that they're finding a way to crash a plane while keeping most everyone alive... like that we're not going to invade Canada.

I'll uh... I'll link that last one... made me lol...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/19/13957722-state-department-no-secret-plan-to-invade-canada
That's all nice, but that still doesn't answer my original question bounce

I think we've already had that discussion... a few times before...

/bored

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:


Like the fact that a little girl was saved by research on the Black Plague... like that a child was born to a soldier in the middle of a battle... like that they're finding a way to crash a plane while keeping most everyone alive... like that we're not going to invade Canada.

I'll uh... I'll link that last one... made me lol...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/19/13957722-state-department-no-secret-plan-to-invade-canada
That's all nice, but that still doesn't answer my original question bounce

I think we've already had that discussion... a few times before...

/bored
Not that I remember.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 1824
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 25
Location : I'M IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:40 pm

The world is full of terrible, terrible shit. The world is also spattered with little nuggets of good that make it moderately tolerable.

If you focus purely on the bad, by the time you're my age, Sonny, you'll be chewing on a shotgun barrel.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
The world is full of terrible, terrible shit. The world is also spattered with little nuggets of good that make it moderately tolerable.

If you focus purely on the bad, by the time you're my age, Sonny, you'll be chewing on a shotgun barrel.
Oh I agree, I believe there are people in this world that make it worthwhile. I just wish I could get rid of the people that make it bad place for those people.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:
The world is full of terrible, terrible shit. The world is also spattered with little nuggets of good that make it moderately tolerable.

If you focus purely on the bad, by the time you're my age, Sonny, you'll be chewing on a shotgun barrel.
Oh I agree, I believe there are people in this world that make it worthwhile. I just wish I could get rid of the people that make it bad place for those people.

Pot helps... so does rum... and if you must... all other liquor too.

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 26
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:21 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:
The world is full of terrible, terrible shit. The world is also spattered with little nuggets of good that make it moderately tolerable.

If you focus purely on the bad, by the time you're my age, Sonny, you'll be chewing on a shotgun barrel.
Oh I agree, I believe there are people in this world that make it worthwhile. I just wish I could get rid of the people that make it bad place for those people.

That's like...75% of the population, though. lol

_________________


"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:25 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:
The world is full of terrible, terrible shit. The world is also spattered with little nuggets of good that make it moderately tolerable.

If you focus purely on the bad, by the time you're my age, Sonny, you'll be chewing on a shotgun barrel.
Oh I agree, I believe there are people in this world that make it worthwhile. I just wish I could get rid of the people that make it bad place for those people.

That's like...75% of the population, though. lol

I think you're OVER over estimating. It doesn't take many rotten tomatoes to ruin the sight of the rest.

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:50 am

Scott Chain wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:
The world is full of terrible, terrible shit. The world is also spattered with little nuggets of good that make it moderately tolerable.

If you focus purely on the bad, by the time you're my age, Sonny, you'll be chewing on a shotgun barrel.
Oh I agree, I believe there are people in this world that make it worthwhile. I just wish I could get rid of the people that make it bad place for those people.

Pot helps... so does rum... and if you must... all other liquor too.
I know, but that shit's expensive(except the rum), and distract me from college, so I can't do that everyday.

Quote :
That's like...75% of the population, though. lol
Nah, it only appears like that because they are the ones that make the most noise.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 26
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:31 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206162/Father-killed-15-week-old-daughter-oral-rape.html

Pretty bad.

_________________


"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:25 pm

I think I'm going to ignore these threads from now on...

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 26
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:47 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
I think I'm going to ignore these threads from now on...

You can't! You don't have the willpower!

_________________


"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:21 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2206162/Father-killed-15-week-old-daughter-oral-rape.html

Pretty bad.
Huh. I think that's all I can say about this.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 26
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Yeah... My friend 'shared' this story with me, so, I thought I would share it with everyone else (you guys); feel my pain.

_________________


"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 1824
Join date : 2010-10-11
Age : 25
Location : I'M IN SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:59 pm

AT LEAST HE WAS SMART ENOUGH TO USE A CONDOM, AMIRITE GUYS?

GUYS?

AMIRITE?!

...Guys?

-sighs-

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 28
Location : outside Turry's window

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:29 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
AT LEAST HE WAS SMART ENOUGH TO USE A CONDOM, AMIRITE GUYS?

GUYS?

AMIRITE?!

...Guys?

-sighs-


-___-#

_________________

"I'm seriously going to eat you..."
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
avatar

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 22
Location : Closer than you think.

PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:53 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Yeah... My friend 'shared' this story with me, so, I thought I would share it with everyone else (you guys); feel my pain.
Oh man, it would be fun having a power like Prof. X's for a week.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is it just me?   

Back to top Go down
 
Is it just me?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: