A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society
 
HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Share
 

 Science...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
The Laughing Man

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 27
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Science...   Science... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Science... I've been becoming more obsessed with the subject (and all it's sub-subjects)--especially astronomy, and sci-fi-esque studies (i.e. cloning, nanotechnology, augmentation). No idea why. Also, no idea why I'm sharing this. lolz

_________________
Science... Comparenew02

"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
Malcolm

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 23
Location : Closer than you think.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:58 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Science... I've been becoming more obsessed with the subject (and all it's sub-subjects)--especially astronomy, and sci-fi-esque studies (i.e. cloning, nanotechnology, augmentation). No idea why. Also, no idea why I'm sharing this. lolz
I'm sorry Barth, you already have an alien worm in your brain controlling your thoughts. I'm afraid I have to kill you. Do you want to see it coming or not?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
The Laughing Man

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 27
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Da Brewmaster wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Science... I've been becoming more obsessed with the subject (and all it's sub-subjects)--especially astronomy, and sci-fi-esque studies (i.e. cloning, nanotechnology, augmentation). No idea why. Also, no idea why I'm sharing this. lolz
I'm sorry Barth, you already have an alien worm in your brain controlling your thoughts. I'm afraid I have to kill you. Do you want to see it coming or not?

I guess... =(

_________________
Science... Comparenew02

"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
Malcolm

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 23
Location : Closer than you think.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:07 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Da Brewmaster wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Science... I've been becoming more obsessed with the subject (and all it's sub-subjects)--especially astronomy, and sci-fi-esque studies (i.e. cloning, nanotechnology, augmentation). No idea why. Also, no idea why I'm sharing this. lolz
I'm sorry Barth, you already have an alien worm in your brain controlling your thoughts. I'm afraid I have to kill you. Do you want to see it coming or not?

I guess... =(
Well, I guess you can technically see a nuclear warhead coming, so that should work.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
Scott Chain

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 30
Location : outside Turry's window

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:17 pm

Obsession or not... what's the specific topic?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
The Laughing Man

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 27
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Obsession or not... what's the specific topic?

If I had to pick one above them all it would be astronomy, I guess biology would be a close second.

_________________
Science... Comparenew02

"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
Scott Chain

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 30
Location : outside Turry's window

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:21 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Obsession or not... what's the specific topic?

If I had to pick one above them all it would be astronomy, I guess biology would be a close second.

Astronomy yay... biology nay...
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
Malcolm

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 23
Location : Closer than you think.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:27 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Obsession or not... what's the specific topic?

If I had to pick one above them all it would be astronomy, I guess biology would be a close second.
Why do you think it interest you so much?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
The Laughing Man

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 27
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Da Brewmaster wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Obsession or not... what's the specific topic?

If I had to pick one above them all it would be astronomy, I guess biology would be a close second.
Why do you think it interest you so much?

I blame youtube for starting it, no lie. Watching videos about the universe, possible futures etc. etc.

_________________
Science... Comparenew02

"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
Scott Chain

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 30
Location : outside Turry's window

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:15 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Da Brewmaster wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Obsession or not... what's the specific topic?

If I had to pick one above them all it would be astronomy, I guess biology would be a close second.
Why do you think it interest you so much?

I blame youtube for starting it, no lie. Watching videos about the universe, possible futures etc. etc.

You were watching those 11th dimension and expanding universe theories weren't you... -__-
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
The Laughing Man

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 27
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Da Brewmaster wrote:

Why do you think it interest you so much?

I blame youtube for starting it, no lie. Watching videos about the universe, possible futures etc. etc.

You were watching those 11th dimension and expanding universe theories weren't you... -__-

Nope.

Watching those videos about different celestial bodies etc. Like planets that revolve around pulsars, planets with odd shape Sun orbits etc. etc. Different planet makes up etc. etc.

_________________
Science... Comparenew02

"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
The Laughing Man

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 27
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 9:38 pm

I've always wanted to punch a planet in it's dick, or a star (like the biggest discovered star NML Cygni).

_________________
Science... Comparenew02

"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
Scott Chain

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 30
Location : outside Turry's window

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 11:14 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
I've always wanted to punch a planet in it's dick, or a star (like the biggest discovered star NML Cygni).

Barth... Imma take a stab at this... people have called you "weird" either today or sometime in the past week. >.<
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
Moderator
Moderator
The Laughing Man

Posts : 4443
Join date : 2010-03-18
Age : 27
Location : Exploring the island of Dressrosa.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:10 pm

When 2 galaxies 'collide' does anything get...destroyed?

What I was reading seems to suggest no, not really. But...that seems so weird... 2 massive universal bodies are hitting one another afterall.

_________________
Science... Comparenew02

"What can change the nature of a man?"
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Member
Member
Malcolm

Posts : 2538
Join date : 2010-09-13
Age : 23
Location : Closer than you think.

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:47 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
When 2 galaxies 'collide' does anything get...destroyed?

What I was reading seems to suggest no, not really. But...that seems so weird... 2 massive universal bodies are hitting one another afterall.
I remember watching something in History(Before it became the travesti of a channel that is today) that the galaxy itself wouldn't get destroyed, but any life that could be found in any of its planets would get eradicated.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Member
Member
Scott Chain

Posts : 7510
Join date : 2009-12-01
Age : 30
Location : outside Turry's window

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:21 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
When 2 galaxies 'collide' does anything get...destroyed?

What I was reading seems to suggest no, not really. But...that seems so weird... 2 massive universal bodies are hitting one another afterall.

Define destroyed... an explosion doesn't "destroy" matter.

That aside... you have to realize how tiny celestial objects are in comparison to the distance between them. You could throw a barrage of stars at another and never hit anything because of the vast ratio of diameter to dist between objects. However... if such a thing were to happen I'd imagine quite a few things being pulled out of their orbits or at minimal altered. You might get a star or two collision towards the center of the galaxy as they are more dense (have less space between)... and even then it wouldn't likely be a head on collision but a gravity death lock where they begin to orbit each other in a decline of altitude.
Back to top Go down
Kalbon Branch
Neophyte
Neophyte
Kalbon Branch

Posts : 148
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Texas

Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 am

I too have become interested in subjects. Its because of Mass Effect though. I only finished ME2 last August or September. And before that I wasnt a big ME fan. No Im just like O_O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Science... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science...   Science... Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Science...
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: