The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A vote on which MMO to play

Go down 
+3
Victoria Alenko
The Laughing Man
Sergei Meranov
7 posters

Which game would you prefer?
World of Warcraft (Retail)
A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_lcap17%A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 2 ]
Lord of the Rings Online
A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_lcap8%A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Dungeons & Dragons Online (Can be played for free)
A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_lcap67%A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 8 ]
Darkfall
A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_lcap0%A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Everquest 2
A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_lcap8%A vote on which MMO to play I_vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

A vote on which MMO to play Empty
PostSubject: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:29 pm

What the title says. These are the games we've discerned from discussing. All of them are pay to play unless otherwise noted.
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:30 pm

Dungeons and Dragons Online. This may be a good decision to make for the MMO we play, it has alot of good features which I shall label below...

-Friendly towards RP players and guilds. (there are entire guilds whom believe in perma death, you die, you make a new character. the game also has several player RP made events that take place over the city of Stormreach and beyond.)

-Active and pretty decent size community. (the game, as of Feb 17th, 2010 according to various devs and CEO's of turbine said that Dungeons and Dragons Online has approx 1.2-1.4 million players, these being different accounts and not just other characters made by 1 account.)

-Free to play with option to sub if you desire. (the game is free to play and does not lock off much content at all for "Free For Life" players, however, if you desire more you can sub and get extra content added on for 14.95 a month, about 550k people have active subs to the game.)

-Customization out the butt. (one of the best customizations systems for character creation I have seen in an MMO to date, the skills range in the hundreds of hundreds as well as hundreds of different specs one can become.)

This is a small list of features this game has, there are quite abit more but these are more notable ones. I don't think this game would be a bad choice for the guild, however, you gotta like the D&D universe of things before you can jump in and enjoy this game for what it truely is. What a Face

Pardon any spelling mistakes and grammatical errors, got up at 5:00 am this morning and being up that long is taking a toll on my brain and the cells within...
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm meaning to ave my bucks at the moment. I am actually putting away about 10 bucks a month to get ready for SWTOR. This way won't be a money problem when it comes to the games release geek
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:00 am

Levlin wrote:
My problem with D&D is the fact that you actaully dont get to experiance the full game.

http://www.ddo.com/vip

Limited- Chat, Auctions, Gold Storage, Mail
Official Forums- Read/Limited posting- will make it harder to recruit on them
Very Limited- Classes, Races, Character Slots

Its basically a baiting tactic, Come and experiance the game but in order to actually succeed you will need to upgrade. I think it would be a fine game for purposes of getting to know the people we currently have in this guild, However I think it would be a horrible place to try and recruit new members. People who tend to play Free to Play are not going to come with us when we decide to move to a Pay to Play game.

True, but... as you level you gain points. And you can use those points to raise your level cap. For example I have a dwarf barbarian. (i'll probably delete him and start over.) I raised his level cap to maximum and started a guild with some friends and i didnt pay anything. only difference with paying is that you get two other races and another class added with some extra dungeons

As for the guild, being a "secret Society".... and Tellen has said before, we aren't aiming for hundreds of members. When i played i met a lot of people who were waiting for Tor to come out. And generally the player's are way more mature then the bratty annoying 10 year olds on WoW.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 8:03 am

Levlin wrote:
My problem with D&D is the fact that you actaully dont get to experiance the full game.

http://www.ddo.com/vip

Limited- Chat, Auctions, Gold Storage, Mail
Official Forums- Read/Limited posting- will make it harder to recruit on them
Very Limited- Classes, Races, Character Slots

Its basically a baiting tactic, Come and experiance the game but in order to actually succeed you will need to upgrade. I think it would be a fine game for purposes of getting to know the people we currently have in this guild, However I think it would be a horrible place to try and recruit new members. People who tend to play Free to Play are not going to come with us when we decide to move to a Pay to Play game.

What you say is true, however, if one truely desires to play the class and races that are locked out for "Free To Play" players then you can buy them for 9.95 or so each, a 1 time purchase and charge. As for the chat, they aren't actually that limited from what I have seen, alot of "Free To Play" players speak in the most important channels of the game, the gold amount one can have as a "Free To Play" player is some what limited though.

As for the last concern, I am not to sure about the forums since I don't post on them, so I have no knowledge of that little tidbit of information. pale
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:36 am

I am not going to play a retail game for this guild unless it is TOR. I am very sorry to say that but i am not really looking forward to spend money on the games listed above. Again... I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 am

TitanT2 wrote:
I am not going to play a retail game for this guild unless it is TOR. I am very sorry to say that but i am not really looking forward to spend money on the games listed above. Again... I'm sorry.

You don't have to spend money on Dungeons and Dragons Online, hence why it says "Possiable to play free". You don't even have to buy the game you just download the client they have up on their website.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 1:27 pm

I'm throwing myself onto the one I have the most experience with, that being D&D online.
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:51 pm

D&D or LOTRO... I voted D&D though due to the fact that it's free, and when I get back I'm going to be strained for cash. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:53 pm

The question I have, for those that responded with something other than DDO (which appears to be the favorite). Is whether or not the selection of that game will cause you to not participate. Feedback is appreciated. No need to respond if you've already answered (Titan for example). Also, don't worry about this reflecting poorly on you. The guild game will not be a requirement, just an option for those that would like to do some guild stuff before we get to TOR.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 4:55 pm

Our guild's requirements are fairly loose and broad anyway - we expect co-operation, maturity and a generally good personality (as well as somewhat more substantial requirements such as activity). We do not enforce the use of Xfire or Chatango either.
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:01 pm

In this case I'd go for D&D. Me specificaly, I've never played an MMO, and wouldn't want to start hampering those with experience on a game they paid for. So I probably won't play a subscribing game.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Looks like i better start downloading the client, im anxious to start (finally) playing a game with the guild.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Stella Eisaran wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:
The question I have, for those that responded with something other than DDO (which appears to be the favorite). Is whether or not the selection of that game will cause you to not participate. Feedback is appreciated. No need to respond if you've already answered (Titan for example). Also, don't worry about this reflecting poorly on you. The guild game will not be a requirement, just an option for those that would like to do some guild stuff before we get to TOR.

For me, I prolly won't participate if it is on a private server.

Don't worry D&D is not on a private server, we will be playing on the official servers.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 am

eman2022 wrote:
In my experience a great way to get to know people is a good battlefield game- and I'd love to get to know some'a'yah. If any of you would like to do some trooper squad combat with me in Bad Company 2 please shout out.

I really want to get that game... you play MW2?
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:40 am

Sadly no battlefield here bur modern warfare is an option for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 am

Victoria Alenko wrote:

I see you online, but we yet to play together lol Cool
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:49 am

Tureil wrote:
Valkus Werdana wrote:
Victoria Alenko wrote:

I see you online, but we yet to play together lol Cool

True, MW2 would work out. No spare cash for Battlefield...Plus it has crashing-to-dashboard issues, from what I see with my friend.

Hah...Last time me and Victoria tried to game together, Xbox stoutly refused to let us party up or join eachothers game D:

We should try again What a Face

Btw, do you guys have mics?
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:52 am

/cry... lol

Ya i'll get on in a few.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:06 am

Ehh gamertag is VictoriaOnasi gonna be changed soon
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 5:57 am

*sigh*

I miss MW 1... When I get back and get my 360 fixed it's the first game I'm playing. Sad
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Tureil wrote:
Valkus Werdana wrote:
/cry... lol

Ya i'll get on in a few.

hehe... I'm ordering a new set. whatcha think of these?

http://www.amazon.com/Sensational-Headset-Mic-XBox-2-5mm/dp/B001FY9JXY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1269406411&sr=8-3

@emax: My Gamertag is under my avatar Very Happy

Nice bro! Let me know when you get them, then we can do some gaming.

btw, how many people are going to play D&D? I got it all downloaded and ready to go. Also D&D has it's own chat so you dont have to use any 3rd party program.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Valkus Werdana wrote:
Tureil wrote:
Valkus Werdana wrote:
/cry... lol

Ya i'll get on in a few.

http://www.amazon.com/Sensational-Headset-Mic-XBox-2-5mm/dp/B001FY9JXY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1269406411&sr=8-3

btw, how many people are going to play D&D? I got it all downloaded and ready to go. Also D&D has it's own chat so you dont have to use any 3rd party program.

I plan to play it with you Valkus, infact, I actually have the box copy of the game since I played it before it became a "Free For Life" type of game. What a Face

However, I must hook my headset and get it all situated for voice chatting with the guild so I may not have voice right off the bat.

Suggestion though for the server we play on, I highly recommend the server known as Khyber for the sole purpose it has quite a large population, very large infact, and is the server that is most friendly towards RPing communitys in the game.

Last edited by Barthandelus on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Barthandelus wrote:
Valkus Werdana wrote:
Tureil wrote:
Valkus Werdana wrote:
/cry... lol

Ya i'll get on in a few.

I plan to play it with you Valkus, infact, I actually have the box copy of the game since I played it before it became a "Free For Life" type of game. What a Face

However, I must hook my headset and get it all situated for voice chatting with the guild so I may not have voice right off the bat.

Excellent! We will set up a nice little thread for D&D to keep it organized. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:28 am

Ok, it seems the vote is fairly clear and that DDO has been selected as the guild game. Therefore, I'm going to make a separate thread, and everyone planning on playing the game should post there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A vote on which MMO to play   A vote on which MMO to play Empty

Back to top Go down

A vote on which MMO to play
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: