The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT! Empty
PostSubject: Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT!   Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:07 pm

I got an infraction for arguing with a relgious zealot (not saying all people who are religious are zealots since i'm somewhat religious myself, but he... well, was crazed) from the guild Saints of The Old Republic about gays.

I'm not gay myself, however I support (positive) freedom of choice and this guy flat out stated all gays shall burn in hell for their sin against the Bible and God himself. However, to my knowledge, he did not receive an infraction for his negative, and hateful views. Of course, everyone attacked him as well, but for some odd reason... my mind tells me I was the only one to receive an infraction throughout the argument.

Community team at the SW:TOR forums... how I hate thou'. Razz

Last edited by Galenth Dysley on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT!   Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:15 pm

Yep, anyone remember the Muslim Space Warriors incident?

Yeah, the mods are actually a bit prejudiced.

I've seen quite a few religious threads about Christianity that are still open, but threads on other religions are usually closed.
Apparently the Christian guild is allowed to have it's thread, but the muslim guild thread wasn't allowed.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT!   Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:

I've seen quite a few religious threads about Christianity that are still open, but threads on other religions are usually closed.
Apparently the Christian guild is allowed to have it's thread, but the muslim guild thread wasn't allowed.

It's absurd really, makes me lose some respect for the community team.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT!   Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT! EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:20 pm

Galenth Dysley wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

It's absurd really, makes me lose some respect for the community team.
Even though the Muslim guild was a joke by the Selkies, it still didn't break any rules the Christian guilds weren't already breaking.
Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT!   Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT! EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:05 am

That's
Gheyy
Gayer than Mr. Beiber
I know
I'm pushing it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT!   Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT! Empty

Back to top Go down

Gotta love the SW:TOR forums... NOT!
Page 1 of 1