The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm thinking of closing this guild right now

Go down 
+6
TitanT2
The Laughing Man
Sergei Meranov
Scott Chain
Lena Jade
Tellen Silversun
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

I'm thinking of closing this guild right now Empty
PostSubject: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:27 pm

I have quite had enough of this today, and really cannot be bothered with this guild any longer.
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
Lena Jade
Lena Jade

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:
I have quite had enough of this today, and really cannot be bothered with this guild any longer.
DONT YOU DARE DO THAT. I may not be an admin, but you close that guild before I return, I swear I'll make my way to England and teach you a lesson you wont forget.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:

Like Lena said... think again. I know we're not the best guildies... but we are your guildies.
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Tellen isn't necessarily alone in this thought process. The attitude that we've received, on the whole, from the guild during this whole nonsense really doesn't make us desire to continue to try and work to create a nice environment here. We've logged a lot of hours creating concepts, working on this site, etc. Only to have several people threaten to up and quit the first time something happens that they don't like. They then go on to demand that anything we do should be first submitted to them so that they can have their say, with the implication being that they clearly think we aren't fit enough to make decisions.

I used to feel that, despite the low member count, we could always claim to be a fun, mature guild that enjoyed each other's company. It's clear, however, from the attitudes and reactions I've seen to all of this censoring nonsense that it's a claim I can't make anymore. Tellen and I have yet to decide whether we're going to continue running things here, but, as of right now I don't think either of us feel like it'd be worth it.

On a related note, I'd like to point out that I was never in favor of any censorship. I defended the decision mostly because I couldn't believe the childish reactions people were having towards Tellen's decision to censor one word. Reactions that weren't well thought out, contemplated, arguments, but were instead childish temper-tantrums screaming about dictators and freedom of speech. I can understand all of you having frustrations with some of our decisions, and I'm the first to admit we make mistakes, but not even giving us the courtesy to talk to us privately before you blow up and threaten to quit (or actually do quit in some cases) makes me not even care what your argument or problem was in the first place. At that point, I've just assumed you're trying to hold the leadership hostage to get your way, which is not something I'm likely to agree to tolerate. All of you may think my reaction to people's outcry (locking threads, my responses to some of the threads) was harsh, but, quite frankly, I was extremely irritated by what I saw. As I said before, Tellen and I have spent countless hours trying to make this a nice place for everyone, and then, a few minutes after one decision by the leadership, a member quits after throwing a childlike fit. I understand that you all may have your principles concerning no censorship, and I don't necessarily disagree. But I think I speak for both Tellen and myself when I say that we too have principles, and foremost among them is to not do work for people that are ungrateful.

We'll let you know what our ultimate decision is.

Regards,

Sergei
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
Lena Jade
Lena Jade

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:48 pm

I understand how hurt both of you are and truly, I feel for what you've been going through. I will await the leadership decision. If it is to be my last guild, let it be known that from the first day I joined until my life went to hell, it was the greatest guild and greatest guildmatesI have ever seen in the longest of times.

My life then went downhill, nothing the guild had to do with and so I chose isolation in hope to reduce the impact here. I chose to return because I thought I was healed which I was not and may have returned to soon.

It was an honor, Sergei and Tellen and all of you to have met you and I hope upon my return, you guy's will still be there.

Sergei, Tellen, you did an awesome job. Dont ever doubt yourselves no matter what people may think.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Lena Jade wrote:
I understand how hurt both of you are and truly, I feel for what you've been going through. I will await the leadership decision. If it is to be my last guild, let it be known that from the first day I joined until my life went to hell, it was the greatest guild and greatest guildmatesI have ever seen in the longest of times.

My life then went downhill, nothing the guild had to do with and so I chose isolation in hope to reduce the impact here. I chose to return because I thought I was healed which I was not and may have returned to soon.

It was an honor, Sergei and Tellen and all of you to have met you and I hope upon my return, you guy's will still be there.

Sergei, Tellen, you did an awesome job. Dont ever doubt yourselves no matter what people may think.

Our problem is not with you.
Back to top Go down
Lena Jade
Lena Jade

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:
Lena Jade wrote:

Our problem is not with you.
I know...you made it clear earlier. I only wished to point out my stance and since I'll be gone for a while and I wont know what your decision will be, I thought I should point out where I stand. I hope it will get resolved. I truly do not wish to see Fillorean desintigrate like so many other guild did, not with all the work you guy's have been putting in it.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Well... I simply don't know what to say.

I'm in a state of shock, to be perfectly honest. Shocked
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Now people, i think it is more a lesson we should learn then throw the towel in the corner. This community has been around for what? One and a half year. And this is the first mayor dispute we have had since then. We all knew it would come one day, but take this as an uportunity to learn from it.

Also, if Tellen and Sergei can change their policy a bit. By generally informing us beforehand this all would have been just dandy.

We just need a bit more diplomacy in our guild that is all. Involve the members of the guild and let their decision weigh on their opinions. No community is perfect, but we can learn from this and move on. And as you people said it yourself. A lot of fanfics and a lot of effort has been put in this guild. And it would truelly be a waste of effort and time.

The censorship was misinterprited by us with which i mean Tureil, Jagger and myself. If we would have known the reason for why it was censored we would have respected the decision. But you guys should have told us. It would have even be better if you asked us that we would refrain from using it.

Also putting a clam on an arterial bleeding doesn't heal the wound. And locking threads doesn't resolve issues that require discussion. When you have a problem with one individual. Sure, settle it in a P.M. But when it comes to something about our little community try to keep it as open as possible. I think that was the mayor issue for Tureil to leave. Not necessarily the censorship but the way how it was done.

And Lena, don't be to harsh on yourself. It is not your fault. It was just handled wrong by Sergei and Tellen. With a bit of an overreaction on Tureils, Jaggers and ofcourse my side. And therefore i apologise to you.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:31 pm

I have no idea what to say, I hardly even know what's happening, I've been busy the last few days.
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:46 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
I have no idea what to say, I hardly even know what's happening, I've been busy the last few days.

Vigo quite the guild because Tellen filtered the word 'R@pe', because Jagger used it twice in a Sentance, and both Stella and Lena pointed out how they disliked the use of the word, Tellen suggested that they autofilter the word.

Or something along the lines of that.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 11:48 pm

Brucil wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Vigo quite the guild because Tellen filtered the word 'R@pe', because Jagger used it twice in a Sentance, and both Stella and Lena pointed out how they disliked the use of the word, Tellen suggested that they autofilter the word.

Or something along the lines of that.
I got that much out of this.

I'll talk to Turry on Steam to see if I can do anything.
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:11 am

/sigh

Here's the point where I want to verbally involve myself in the issue, but have refrained so far from commenting on it in public.

But at the same time, what I would say is not going solve the issue, and more likely than not just end up leaving a few people feeling insulted or attacked, which I don't want to do (since it'll just make it worse).

I'll just leave it at this: Remember that people are fallible, ALL people.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 9:22 am

I can't say that this is a surprise. It's your decision, and if you want to close the guild, I can't do anything to stop you. I know that I don't have much time here, but you guys are great, all of you. Tellen, Sergei, Lena, Titan, Scott, Ix, Brucil, Hera, Stella, Mon, Jagger, Vigo, Galenth, and the rest. It was really an honor and a pleasure to meet you all. You guys helped me a lot in hard times of my life, and for that, I'll always appreaciate you all.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:31 am

Luchenco wrote:
Oh for fucks sake Tellen what the absolute dicks?

Talking about overbloodyreaction!

No need whatsoever to do this.

Your constructive and thoughtful comment has been noted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking of closing this guild right now   I'm thinking of closing this guild right now Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking of closing this guild right now
Page 1 of 1