The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EvE online: Sec Officer's Log

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

EvE online: Sec Officer's Log Empty
PostSubject: EvE online: Sec Officer's Log   EvE online: Sec Officer's Log EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:33 am

<<Click. Clinking of glass on glass.>>

Damn it. I'm getting tired of this. But Kai wants the report. Here it is for his files, then. Hope he doesn't care that I'm using an audio recorder.

<<Deep inhalation and a sharp exhale. Pouring of a liquid.>>

This is Chief of Security Korsaru, giving the 24th report of YC 113. It started out like a normal day, a simple request from Astral Mining's sec offices. They noticed an outpost of theirs went dark, and wanted someone to go and check it out.

Naturally I took the step forward. God knows we need the ISK right now to keep Soon Enterprises afloat, and on its feet. So I left Eglennaert in my Drake -- beautiful ship -- and headed my way to Agrallier, a system over. There was minimal traffic clogging up the jump gate so I was in the system quickly enough.

<<Moments of silence. Soft clink of glass and the sound of gulping.>>

Aagh. I saw the bookmark the corporation gave me where their outpost was -- top secret, they had me electronically sign an NDA about its position, typical bullshit -- and I got in close. The outpost was blown apart...Hardly even any rubble left except for the structural supports and chunks of the asteroid it was dug into. Wasn't the first time I've seen this sort of thing...Pirates are everywhere in New Eden...Children know this. Baseliners who have NO intention of leaving their planets know what animals the Blood Raiders are in their hunt for clone blood. I'm straying.

<<Throat being cleared, glass set down heavily.>>

But this is where things stray from normal for me. I-I dunno what it was. But once my investigation was over, a large gang of ships flew into the area...Warped. They gave me a message about falling into the trap and immediately attacked, laughing. I guess they weren't expecting a Drake, however. They had the numbers advantage, being about 20 in number, but...They just weren't prepared.

They had mostly frigates and a couple of battlecruisers, so I let loose my drones. Those metal and plastic warhounds tore into the gang as I locked on to them with my Arbalest launchers. Pretty soon the area around the ruined outpost was filled with scrap metal and frozen corpses. They just couldn't crack my shields with the modules I installed that day. It was an outright slaughter.

I shrugged it off for the most part until right before I warped out to the station...To come back here, get my isk transfer cleared. I noticed on my cameras that all of the ships were from the Caldari Navy, or reinforcements from the Amarr Empire.

I wasn't fighting scummy pirates...I just killed my own countrymen...Soldiers on a mission for one of the megacorps back home.

When you're a cap pilot, you don't need too many people with you. You know this by now. But even then, assuming they did have capsule pilots --

<<Sound of glass breaking and liquids dripping.>>

Damn it. My hands are shaking...I probably just killed at least 300 people out there today. My people. The mission was a success but there's a damn good chance I just killed people I used to know...Family, even.

<<Sigh, shaky inhale>>

Kai, once you hear this recording, consider this my request for leave. I need to head to a medical facility, see if this is just guilt -- me going soft -- or the start of something worse.

Chief of Security Korsaru...Out.

<<click>>

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: EvE online: Sec Officer's Log   EvE online: Sec Officer's Log EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:52 am

That was... really good. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: EvE online: Sec Officer's Log   EvE online: Sec Officer's Log EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 1:59 am

Scott Chain wrote:
That was... really good. Shocked

What a Face Woot woot.
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: EvE online: Sec Officer's Log   EvE online: Sec Officer's Log EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:04 am

Excellent read. Expect more. I'll be starting one and I believe Valkus will as well. They're based on our adventures in EVE!
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: EvE online: Sec Officer's Log   EvE online: Sec Officer's Log EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 2:28 am

excellent sah!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EvE online: Sec Officer's Log   EvE online: Sec Officer's Log Empty

Back to top Go down

EvE online: Sec Officer's Log
Page 1 of 1