The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?

Go down 
+3
Malcolm
King Clovis
The Laughing Man
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? Empty
PostSubject: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:45 pm

That I feel little to no sympathy for people who commit suicide because they were bullied, instead I find them to be complete cowards for taking the easy way out (for something so stupid)?
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:55 pm

I've been wondering about this also. I'm the same way.

I'd say that it doesn't make us bad people but it also doesn't make us great people. I'd say we're more grey-ish.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 7:36 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
That I feel little to no sympathy for people who commit suicide because they were bullied, instead I find them to be complete cowards for taking the easy way out (for something so stupid)?
It doesn't make you a bad person, no. And while I agree that suicide is the coward's way, I do feel sympathy for people like that. Not everyone can resist the same, there is just a point where abuse breaks someone, where they just want peace, and suicide is their choice. Do you fear death? A lot of people do. Just try to imagine how bad they must feel, that they will forget the greatest human fear.
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:44 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:

Suicide, i call it natural selection. The weak die, the strong live plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 11:49 pm

I'm the same way. I condemn people who kill themselves from bullying the same way I condemn the people who pushed them to that point.

I regret that they felt they had no other option, but that regret fades quickly and I call them a total fuckwit.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:19 am

Are we talking adults... or children hear. Because well... children have a completely different mentality. What looks like little things to us are worlds of concepts apart from the children. I'm a little ashamed at you people looking down on CHILDREN who know no better. Ever think their parents/guardians might simply not give a flying fuck and they literally feel like they have no security in the world? While I think suicide is a cowards way for myself... I'm not going to condemn children who's situations and life I have no fucking part of.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:05 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Are we talking adults... or children hear. Because well... children have a completely different mentality. What looks like little things to us are worlds of concepts apart from the children. I'm a little ashamed at you people looking down on CHILDREN who know no better. Ever think their parents/guardians might simply not give a flying fuck and they literally feel like they have no security in the world? While I think suicide is a cowards way for myself... I'm not going to condemn children who's situations and life I have no fucking part of.

I mostly imply my comment towards teenagers and adults, though I guess teenagers are still considered to be children.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
I was referring to adults.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:12 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:

I mostly imply my comment towards teenagers and adults, though I guess teenagers are still considered to be children.

My statement fits for 16 and above.
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 11:17 pm

I don't blame people who commit suicide simply because I don't know what they were going through. It does disappoint me though when people commit suicide when others are dependent on them. For example, one of my childhood friend's moms committed suicide even though she was a single mom with two daughters who were below the age of 15. Just seeing the effect on that old friend's life shows that perhaps it wasn't a very good decision on her mother's part to do that.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 5:21 pm

Aeraie wrote:
I don't blame people who commit suicide simply because I don't know what they were going through. It does disappoint me though when people commit suicide when others are dependent on them. For example, one of my childhood friend's moms committed suicide even though she was a single mom with two daughters who were below the age of 15. Just seeing the effect on that old friend's life shows that perhaps it wasn't a very good decision on her mother's part to do that.

Similar situation. Family friends' family. A daughter of theirs committed suicide, and it shook everyone to their fucking core. They saw no sign of it whatsoever. if memory serves, she had kids, and her own mother's *still* reeling over the act.

I feel so much more sympathy for the family she left behind, than for her.

She's a horrible person to me because she left her family, and apparently didn't even bother to try and reveal she needed help.

There's no fucking sympathy for cowardice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?   I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person? Empty

Back to top Go down

I wonder...? Does this make me a bad person?
Page 1 of 1