The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings and salutations

Go down 
+3
Victoria Alenko
Scott Chain
The Laughing Man
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Greetings and salutations Empty
PostSubject: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:11 pm

Yeah...the topic pretty much sums it up. Just wanted to say howdy hai to the society. bounce

Also, get the feeling of the likes, and dislikes of it's members, so...anyone want to come out of their shell and tell me their hobbies? eh

My hobbies personally are on my profile, but due to the fact people rarely click said profile I shall state them here for all to see, out in the open. My hobbies include...music (I plan to go to a university to study audio production and begin training in the path of becoming a metal musician), movies and hanging out with my friends like all young folks do. I also enjoy the occasional woman... Shocked you know, the mythological being that is said not to play video games /sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:37 pm

Heh... sup mate. Nice intro. You and Tellen will get along great. He's a composer. As for me I love anything to do with space and physics. I love Sci-Fic, mostly Star Wars of course. Though the recent release of Avatar has switched up my favorites a bit. I like to play guitar and vid games. Most of us here have a game or so we play constantly. At the current moment I'm studying abroad in South Africa. What a Face
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Guardian Scott wrote:
Heh... sup mate. Nice intro. You and Tellen will get along great. He's a composer. As for me I love anything to do with space and physics. I love Sci-Fic, mostly Star Wars of course. Though the recent release of Avatar has switched up my favorites a bit. I like to play guitar and vid games. Most of us here have a game or so we play constantly. At the current moment I'm studying abroad in South Africa. What a Face

So your in South Africa? Born there or did you move at some point in your life to that location? I wish you the best of luck over there, I have never been to Africa but over here in the states we hear Africa is not one of the safest places to be...of course, what place truely is safe.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 5:49 pm

Barthandelus wrote:

So your in South Africa? Born there or did you move at some point in your life to that location? I wish you the best of luck over there, I have never been to Africa but over here in the states we hear Africa is not one of the safest places to be...of course, what place truely is safe.

Naw... I'm from the states, Minnesota actualy. I'm just down here for spring semester. Came down in January and I'm here till June. It really isn't any worse than being in say... Chicago, LA, or some other large city.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:15 pm

Hmm hobbies aye?

Well I hang with my friends, listen to music (dont really have a preference), I'm WAY into soccer and of course gaming.

And really more of console gamer myself.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Victoria Alenko wrote:
Hmm hobbies aye?

Well I hang with my friends, listen to music (dont really have a preference), I'm WAY into soccer and of course gaming.

Very Happy

I can swear I have seen your XBL gamertag on well...XBL for I play XBL also, however I have been leaning more towards PC gaming at the present moment and it will only get worse as TOR comes closer and closer to its release date.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Victoria Alenko wrote:
Hmm hobbies aye?

Very Happy

Into soccer you say?... I never new that. And guess where I am this year?...

WORLD CUP! Woo Hoo!
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyThu Mar 18, 2010 8:36 pm

Tureil wrote:
Hallo thar. o:

I'm Tureil (Vigo in RPs), but you just call me Turry while we're out n about in the OOC. Razz

My hobbies... Well, let's see.

Gaming, Women, Drawing, Reading, Writing, Women, Spouting out fairly lame jokes when I'm bored, Women, and generally being a social butterfly.

I'm also more of a console gamer (comp cant hack it. Hah), and when I'm not lurking a forum somewhere, I'm either typing up new tidbits for my stories or doodling in Photoshop (Pretty much everything I don't rage-erase is posted in the Media section here in the Society).

What do you know, I like 3 women at a time to...I knew I was seperated at birth from my twin, but my parents told dirty lies. Sad
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:07 am

haha nice

Scott: LUCKY! Ahh I'm saving to get to that. I have family out there :]

Barthandelus: Ahh what? Haha what game you seen meh GT? anyway its a small world :]
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 3:41 am

Tureil wrote:
Hallo thar. o:

I'm Tureil (Vigo in RPs), but you just call me Turry while we're out n about in the OOC. Razz

Turry? I've been calling you Furry... The Slightly More Than Psychotic Wookiee.

^Lame jokes rubbing off on me. lol

And don't be too jelous Victoria... I have to leave at the start of the games. Sad
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 11:23 pm

Barthandelus wrote:
Yeah...the topic pretty much sums it up. Just wanted to say howdy hai to the society. bounce

Also, get the feeling of the likes, and dislikes of it's members, so...anyone want to come out of their shell and tell me their hobbies? eh

My hobbies personally are on my profile, but due to the fact people rarely click said profile I shall state them here for all to see, out in the open. My hobbies include...music (I plan to go to a university to study audio production and begin training in the path of becoming a metal musician), movies and hanging out with my friends like all young folks do. I also enjoy the occasional woman... Shocked you know, the mythological being that is said not to play video games /sarcasm.

What do you play? I play guitar, going on 8 or so years now. As for Hobbies.... I like to create stories (Btw, i need to redo Valkus's story. If anyone wants to help that would be great lol) Play my guitar and jam with my friends. I also sing, so do a lot of acoustic stuff. I am also some what of a fitness fanatic lol, so when im not working or playing video games, im working out lol.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:27 am

Valkus Werdana wrote:
Barthandelus wrote:

What do you play? I play guitar, going on 8 or so years now. As for Hobbies.... I like to create stories (Btw, i need to redo Valkus's story. If anyone wants to help that would be great lol) Play my guitar and jam with my friends. I also sing, so do a lot of acoustic stuff. I am also some what of a fitness fanatic lol, so when im not working or playing video games, im working out lol.

Believe it or not, I play nothing, however, I sing...so I guess my voice is my instrument. However, I would never make it on American Idol because people said my voice is better for hard rock and metal type music not the pop and country American Idol puts out. Would never wanna be on that abomination of a show anyway. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:15 am

Haha nice. well we should make band! Cool . What kind of bands do you listen to?
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:18 am

Valkus Werdana wrote:
Haha nice. well we should make band! Cool . What kind of bands do you listen to?

We do have a guild band... somewhere. I don't remember where. tongue
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 7:56 am

Valkus Werdana wrote:

Quite a large range of bands really from older bands like Deep Purple, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest to newer bands like Lamb of God and Mastodon. However, my favorite bands still remain Tool, A Perfect Circle, Meshuggah, Primus and System of A Down, don't ask me why, they just are.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Valkus Werdana wrote:

We do have a guild band... somewhere. I don't remember where. tongue

That's what I was referring to Cool .

@ Barthandelus: I see we have the same taste in music What a Face

@ Stella: Nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Barthandelus wrote:

Metal musician huh? What type of metal? Razz What are your favorite bands?

Mine would pretty much be

Slayer
Kreator
Sodom
Mastodon
Soulfly
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:24 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
Barthandelus wrote:

Metal musician huh? What type of metal? Razz What are your favorite bands?

Mine would pretty much be

Slayer
Kreator
Sodom
Mastodon
Soulfly

-Meshuggah (Avant-garde metal, experimental metal)
-Tool (Progressive metal, progressive rock, art rock)
-Primus (Funk metal, avant-garde metal, funk rock, progressive metal)
-A Perfect Circle (Alternative metal, progressive metal, art rock, alternative rock)
-System of A Down (Experimental metal, alternative metal, hard rock, nu metal)

Notable shout outs go to...

-Morbid Angel (Death metal, heavy metal)
-Fear Factory (Industrial metal, groove metal, death metal)
-Dream Theater (Progressive metal, progressive rock, heavy metal)
-Lamb of God (Groove metal, heavy metal, hard rock)
-Deep Purple (Heavy metal, hard rock)
-Black Sabbath (Heavy metal, hard rock)
-In Flames (Melodic death metal, alternative metal)
-Within Temptation (Symphonic metal, gothic metal, gothic rock)
-Judas Priest (Heavy metal, hard rock)
-Rhapsody of Fire (Power metal, symphonic metal)
-Korn (Nu metal, alternative metal, hard rock)
-Mastodon (Progressive metal, sludge metal, hard rock)
-At The Gates (Melodic death metal, thrash metal)

There you go, a list of my Top 5 Favorite bands and notable mentions of others bands I highly like but don't fit my Top 5 list. What a Face

Last edited by Barthandelus on Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Meshuggah (Avant-garde metal, experimental metal)
Lamb of God (Groove metal, heavy metal, hard rock)
Deep Purple (Heavy metal, hard rock)
Black Sabbath (Heavy metal, hard rock)
Judas Priest (Heavy metal, hard rock)
Mastodon (Progressive metal, sludge metal, hard rock)

Those are good... The others aren't my thing... Razz

I'dd get quite a list if i did notable mentions.

Napalm Death
Destruction
Sepultra (Old)
Dio
Led Zeppelin
Divine Heressy
Nevermore
Mercyful Fate/King Daimond
Amon Amarth
Ektomorf
Budgie
Metallica
Motorhead
Nile
High on Fire
Baroness
AC/DC
Dethklok
Blind Guardian
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:33 pm

TitanT2 wrote:

Napalm Death
Destruction
Sepultra (Old)
Dio
Led Zeppelin
Divine Heressy
Nevermore
Amon Amarth
Ektomorf
Budgie
Metallica
Motorhead
Nile
High on Fire
Baroness
AC/DC
Dethklok
Blind Guardian

Here is basically my whole list of notable mentions...

http://www.metal-archives.com/

Yeah, it's alot, I know. Not a bad list you got there (I could do without Metallica however) other then that, indeed, good taste in music.
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 5:58 pm

Barthandelus wrote:
TitanT2 wrote:

Napalm Death
Destruction
Sepultra (Old)
Dio
Led Zeppelin
Divine Heressy
Nevermore
Amon Amarth
Ektomorf
Budgie
Metallica
Motorhead
Nile
High on Fire
Baroness
AC/DC
Dethklok
Blind Guardian

Here is basically my whole list of notable mentions...

http://www.metal-archives.com/

Yeah, it's alot, I know. Not a bad list you got there (I could do without Metallica however) other then that, indeed, good taste in music.

If i talk about Metallica i talk about Kill em All and Ride the Lightning and Puppets Wink)
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:33 pm

What instruments do you play, Barthal?
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:

I personally play none, though my friend is a drummer. I can sing however, quite well or so I am told by countless random people and my friends and family.

They say my voice would fit perfect with hard rock and metal music. So I guess I have pretty good talent. I would like to learn how to play some sort of instrument though...
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Barthandelus wrote:
Tellen Silversun wrote:

I personally play none, though my friend is a drummer. I can sing however, quite well or so I am told by countless random people and my friends and family.

They say my voice would fit perfect with hard rock and metal music. So I guess I have pretty good talent. I would like to learn how to play some sort of instrument though...

If it's going to be for metal I suggest Guitar. If you get good at it you can teach yourself Bass too.

But why limit yourself to just that? If you've got the money and some spare time over the next few years you could take up keyboard as well - after about 5 years you could be an accomplished multi-instrumentalist. The benefits of that can be far greater than just an ability in music as well. Those three particular instruments are usually the most versatile anyway and most multi-instrumentalists build up from those three. Learning Guitar/Piano/Bass as a combination is a fairly diverse experience in music. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:32 am

Hey there!
It's always nice to have new members. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings and salutations   Greetings and salutations Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings and salutations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: