The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nawkes
Nawkes

I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. Empty
PostSubject: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:52 pm

But I have no way of doing so. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Thread Title: Forced PvE

Quote :
Hello friends,
There has been some injustice done in MMOs that I would like not to happen in this game.
It is Forced PvE, why is it that I am forced to do it?
I happen to be a PvPer and I rather just do PvE when I want to and not have it forced upon me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy PvE, but I don't want to do it all the time.
A play style I do not enjoy all the time is forced on me.
Which is why I suggest that a PvE flagging system should exist, that way whoever wants to PvE can do so, and whoever doesn't want to, doesn't have to.
That way everyone gets to play how they want and no play style is forced on them.

The reason I bring this topic up is because PvP is made consensual, so anyone who doesn't want to participate, doesn't have to do it.
Yet, PvE is unconsensual and AI mobs attack even if you don't want to participate in PvE combat.
But why do the people who do not like PvE are forced to do it when people who do not like PvP aren't forced to do it.
It's unfair.

What do you think?

This is basically a rough draft of the Troll post.
I believe this will get many lulz.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:15 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
I think it screams "Ignore me." >< You seem too...Put together in that rough draft. Dumb yourself down a bit, axe a bit of punctuation, but not enough to seem "HURRRR" to others.
The things is that by making moar smartical, it baits them in.
Hell, I don't care who puts it into the forum, anyone of you can if you have good skills with arguing (preferably Tellen).
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
I can't commit to such things when I'm forced to. I have to fall into it naturally.
Ehhh....
I just want to see the GD burn.
Hell, if even gaden_lobtron managed to troll them......
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:23 pm

I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:26 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:
I'll do it.

Thanky kindly.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:35 pm

I be gettin' impatient. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:50 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:

So, what, shall I just stick that up? Maybe throw in the occaisional grammatical error? A little CAPS LOCK?
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

So, what, shall I just stick that up? Maybe throw in the occaisional grammatical error? A little CAPS LOCK?

But that won't be the Tellen we all know 'n love.
You don't need to be retarded to troll, it just helps a bit.
Being a subtle troll is much more effective though.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Actually there's a chance people might recognise me in GD, shall I use my alt?
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:54 pm

Sure.

But what do you want to do?
Leave the alone to flame out of control
Or
Keep destroying any counter points that pop up.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:58 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sure.

But what do you want to do?
Leave the alone to flame out of control
Or
Keep destroying any counter points that pop up.

I'll make it look legit by doing what most people do - counter on the first couple of pages, then leave it.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:01 pm

i be seein'...
now be waitin' for toastin'
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Tellen, use the age old excuse of "Why is it when someone makes a well though out post, and someone can't make an intelligent response to that post, so they blow that person off as a troll simply because they lack the intellect to make an appropriate response."
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Quote :
Two options you have:

- Play Call of Duty.

- Make your own game. ( Some people does)

By the way, an RPG without pve is one of the more ..... wrong things I have read in this forums. Really impressed. RPG are about experiencing a world, player vs player is secondary in front of this, and you are talking about deleting it or makin it optional?

Madness.

PD: This game is the first mmo to have history, heroic combat, and the firts good and fun star wars online game (SWG sucks). I'm tired of threads trying to make this game a copy of another (yes, I'm looking at you, ex SWG players, wow players, and others) game (wich always sucks) or saying weird things like this thread.

Stop trying to ruin this game!

This guy.
Destroy him.
Something along the lines of "How does me playing the game the way I FIND FUN ruin your fun in anyway?!
I thought video games were about having fun, silly me."
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Quote :
No offence, if you want to play a game where you just kill other players go play a FPS like CoD or BF:BC 2.
"I could say that if you wanted to kill AI mobs all day, you could just go play a single player game, or HEY, Modern Warfare 2 has a Co-Op mode you can participate in.
Your argument is flawed."
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Quote :
So you want to be able to walk past a pack of Krayt Dragons and not have them attack you?

Because you don't want to fight?

I think they'd have other ideas...

"So how is it that you can walk past a group of enemy players and not be attacked by them due to a arbitrary flagging system?
Because you don't want to fight?"

I'm having fun with this.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Quote :
Where's the sense of danger then?

"Tell that to PvEers."
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Done and done.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Quote :
Because your idea of a fun game seems to be incompatible with the idea of an RPG, that's why.

The only online game that I know that allows you to do something similar to that, is Guild Wars, with his PvP character system, that is not compatible with an MMORPG like this. Besides, it's always better to do PvE in Guild Wars for learning about playing the game, and unlocking skills and items for PvP.

"Can you give me another example of this happening in an mmo?
How is it incompatible?

Why is it that people that don't like PvP aren't forced to do it, while people that don't like PvE are forced to do it?
Where is the logic in that?

No Game has done it yet, which is why I want it to be in this game, so this injustice can end."
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:29 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:
Done and done.

I'm having too much fun with this.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:36 pm

Quote :
I feed the troll by posting this, but I do it to warn others.
Don't feed the troll
"This is a serious discussion, either contribute or don't post.
Flagged for trolling."

That'll get his panties in a knot.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:37 pm

Quote :
Your logic is SO flawed, buddy. First off, there are mobs everywhere in the world. This is an MMO, something you aren't understanding. MMO is short for MMO ***RPG***. Players run around in the world and will be at various places at different times. If on a PvP server, you don't have a choice sometimes in fighting other players. The mere fact that it's an RPG would tell you that there is PvE content involved. PvP can be fun and if that's all you want to do, go for it. But don't expect to be able to turn off 90% of the game world and content just because you don't want to do it, that's ridiculous.

As it is, we don't know how TOR is gonna be with PvP. They could make it where anyone can attack anyone at any point (which I'll disagree with because of griefing/ganking), or it could depend what planet you are on.

I see what you're trying to say, but your argument just isn't making any sense.

What about this perceptive member?
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:44 pm

Here ya go.
Quote :
Your logic is SO flawed, buddy. First off, there are mobs everywhere in the world. This is an MMO, something you aren't understanding. MMO is short for MMO ***RPG***. Players run around in the world and will be at various places at different times. If on a PvP server, you don't have a choice sometimes in fighting other players. The mere fact that it's an RPG would tell you that there is PvE content involved. PvP can be fun and if that's all you want to do, go for it. But don't expect to be able to turn off 90% of the game world and content just because you don't want to do it, that's ridiculous.

As it is, we don't know how TOR is gonna be with PvP. They could make it where anyone can attack anyone at any point (which I'll disagree with because of griefing/ganking), or it could depend what planet you are on.

I see what you're trying to say, but your argument just isn't making any sense

"And when someone flags PvP off, they are shutting off half the server's population.
Carebears shut off PvP, just because they don't want to PvP.
That's ridiculous.

An RPG just means you are Role Playing, nowhere in that is PvE mentioned, nor is PvP, yet MMOs still have both.
So if we're sticking to the the exact definition of RPGs, everyone HAS to roleplay, no combat.
Try and see how much money that MMORPG makes. Rolling Eyes

Me not making sense?! Oh, the irony. "
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.   I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD. Empty

Back to top Go down

I thought of a very nice troll thread to put in the GD.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Fillorean Society :: Community Talk :: Chatter-
Jump to: