The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Music

Go down 
+2
The Laughing Man
King Clovis
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
King Clovis
King Clovis

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Galenth Dysley wrote:

Some bands/artists I won't listen to, because I simply can't stand them...

-Coldplay...
-Miley Cyrus (along with other Disney artists like Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez etc. etc.)...
-Nickelback (I can sit on the toilet and produce the same music, just by being constipated)...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-Kanye West (along with other rap artists. I simply can't stand the genre)...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Theory of a Deadman (same as Nickelback)...
-Metallica (no thank you)...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

I have many more, however these bands/artists come to the forefront of my mind first. What a Face

I concur, but add Greenday onto that list.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Ahahahahaaaaa.....
White people and their "music". Razz
Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:20 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Ahahahahaaaaa.....
White people and their "music". Razz

Shh xD
Go on Xfire =p
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Galenth Dysley wrote:
Some of the bands I listen to (the most)...

-Tool...
-Silversun Pickups...
-Meshuggah...
-Pink Floyd...
-Heaven Shall Burn...
-A Perfect Circle...
-Fear Factory...
-Aerosmith...
-System of a Down...
-Chevelle..
-Morbid Angel...
-Hurt...
-Blotted Science...
-Dream Theater...

I have many more bands I listen to (over 88k songs in my music library) however, these are the ones I have been listening to the most recently.

-Coldplay...
-Miley Cyrus (along with other Disney artists like Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez etc. etc.)...
-Nickelback (I can sit on the toilet and produce the same music, just by being constipated)...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

I have many more, however these bands/artists come to the forefront of my mind first. What a Face

The red ones... gtfo.

I agree Greenday should be on the bottom list...
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:26 pm

Scott Chain wrote:

-Metallica

The red ones... gtfo.

I agree Greenday should be on the bottom list...[/quote]

Am I the only person that loves Metal, but hates Metallica?
Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:27 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:

-Tool...
-Silversun Pickups...
-Meshuggah...
-Pink Floyd...
-Heaven Shall Burn...
-A Perfect Circle...
-Fear Factory...
-Aerosmith...
-System of a Down...
-Chevelle..
-Morbid Angel...
-Hurt...
-Blotted Science...
-Dream Theater...

I have many more bands I listen to (over 88k songs in my music library) however, these are the ones I have been listening to the most recently.

-Coldplay...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

The red ones... gtfo.

Add U2, AAR, and Avril and you've got a deal!
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 am

Jagger Cyde wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:

-Tool...
-Silversun Pickups...
-Meshuggah...
-Pink Floyd...
-Heaven Shall Burn...
-A Perfect Circle...
-Fear Factory...
-Aerosmith...
-System of a Down...
-Chevelle..
-Morbid Angel...
-Hurt...
-Blotted Science...
-Dream Theater...

-Coldplay...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

The red ones... gtfo.

Why U2 or Metallica? They write one word songs, accompanied by boring ass ten minute guitar solo's that anyone can do with a brain. Then they use the excuse "we donate to charity" so people won't make negative comments when they act like drunken assholes 24/7.

For example... heres a Metallica song. "YEAH! *5 minute guitar solo* YEAH! TO BABYLON! *end*". U2 is pretty much the same, but with a piano and "uplifting" lyrics about world peace and kindness to neighbors which they know nothing about hence their arrogant ways.

Simply an atrocity, horriable. HORRIABLE! In my opinion of course. Guess you can tell I hate them... alot. Razz
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:35 am

Galenth Dysley wrote:
Jagger Cyde wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:

-Tool...
-Silversun Pickups...
-Meshuggah...
-Pink Floyd...
-Heaven Shall Burn...
-A Perfect Circle...
-Fear Factory...
-Aerosmith...
-System of a Down...
-Chevelle..
-Morbid Angel...
-Hurt...
-Blotted Science...
-Dream Theater...

-Coldplay...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

The red ones... gtfo.

Why U2 or Metallica? They write one word songs, accompanied by boring ass ten minute guitar solo's that anyone can do with a brain. Then they use the excuse "we donate to charity" so people won't make negative comments when they act like drunken assholes 24/7.

For example... heres a Metallica song. "YEAH! *5 minute guitar solo* YEAH! TO BABYLON! *end*". U2 is pretty much the same, but with a piano and "uplifting" lyrics about world peace and kindness to neighbors which they know nothing about hence their arrogant ways.

Simply an atrocity, horriable. HORRIABLE! In my opinion of course. Guess you can tell I hate them... alot. Razz

I would love to see you reproduce even one of their rifts on guitar... Not to mention the fact that they've added so much to the music industry culturally and historicaly.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:42 am

Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:
Jagger Cyde wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:

-Tool...
-Silversun Pickups...
-Meshuggah...
-Pink Floyd...
-Heaven Shall Burn...
-A Perfect Circle...
-Fear Factory...
-Aerosmith...
-System of a Down...
-Chevelle..
-Morbid Angel...
-Hurt...
-Blotted Science...
-Dream Theater...

-Coldplay...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

The red ones... gtfo.

I would love to see you reproduce even one of their rifts on guitar... Not to mention the fact that they've added so much to the music industry culturally and historicaly.

One of my close friends can reproduce Metallica drum tracks rather well. He's done Ride the Lightning (when Metallica was decent) which I give him an 80-85%. He's also done Cyanide (modern day Metallica) which I give him an 90% on. Also, I can nail James Hetfield's vocals to a "T", or so i've been told.

Metallica aren't nearly as god-like as they would lead people to believe, in fact, when you compare them to bands like Meshuggah (a tad less successful, though has won nearly as many grammys, and sold nearly as many albums) they are rather bland and you see just how much technique and soul they lack. I'm not saying their not talented, though their nothing to write home about in my personal opinion.

I believe bands like Slayer and Kreator deserve more credit for the revolution of the trash metal genre instead of Metallica hogging all the limelight.
Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 3:39 pm

There is more to music than just vocals...
I for one appreciate the solos and mainly instrumentals
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:05 pm

Galenth Dysley wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:
Jagger Cyde wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:

-Tool...
-Silversun Pickups...
-Meshuggah...
-Pink Floyd...
-Heaven Shall Burn...
-A Perfect Circle...
-Fear Factory...
-Aerosmith...
-System of a Down...
-Chevelle..
-Morbid Angel...
-Hurt...
-Blotted Science...
-Dream Theater...

-Coldplay...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

The red ones... gtfo.

One of my close friends can reproduce Metallica drum tracks rather well. He's done Ride the Lightning (when Metallica was decent) which I give him an 80-85%. He's also done Cyanide (modern day Metallica) which I give him an 90% on. Also, I can nail James Hetfield's vocals to a "T", or so i've been told.

Metallica aren't nearly as god-like as they would lead people to believe, in fact, when you compare them to bands like Meshuggah (a tad less successful, though has won nearly as many grammys, and sold nearly as many albums) they are rather bland and you see just how much technique and soul they lack. I'm not saying their not talented, though their nothing to write home about in my personal opinion.

I believe bands like Slayer and Kreator deserve more credit for the revolution of the trash metal genre instead of Metallica hogging all the limelight.
Actually, you should be listening to older metal like Judas Priest, Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell, Iron Maiden and etc. Also, Metallica has pretty easy solos compared to most other bands, mostly the ones above and Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Brucil wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:
Jagger Cyde wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:

-Tool...
-Silversun Pickups...
-Meshuggah...
-Pink Floyd...
-Heaven Shall Burn...
-A Perfect Circle...
-Fear Factory...
-Aerosmith...
-System of a Down...
-Chevelle..
-Morbid Angel...
-Hurt...
-Blotted Science...
-Dream Theater...

-Coldplay...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

The red ones... gtfo.

Actually, you should be listening to older metal like Judas Priest, Black Sabbath/Heaven and Hell, Iron Maiden and etc. Also, Metallica has pretty easy solos compared to most other bands, mostly the ones above and Megadeth.

They still sound great, and push come to shove, that's all that really matters.
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:25 pm

I don't listen to any of the bands Barth mentioned, or I'd probably weigh in on this. :/
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:34 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:
I don't listen to any of the bands Barth mentioned, or I'd probably weigh in on this. :/

Pfft, you have internet don't you? xD
Back to top Go down
Tellen Silversun
Admin
Admin
Tellen Silversun

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:43 pm

To get a feel for a band, you need to listen to like 10 songs, which I have neither the time or patience for. XD
Back to top Go down
http://evil-wizards.org/swtor-wiki/index.php/Tellen_Silversun
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Tellen Silversun wrote:
To get a feel for a band, you need to listen to like 10 songs, which I have neither the time or patience for. XD

Hmm
Then you lose sir Very Happy
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:09 pm

Brucil wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:
Jagger Cyde wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:
Galenth Dysley wrote:

-Tool...
-Silversun Pickups...
-Meshuggah...
-Pink Floyd...
-Heaven Shall Burn...
-A Perfect Circle...
-Fear Factory...
-Aerosmith...
-System of a Down...
-Chevelle..
-Morbid Angel...
-Hurt...
-Blotted Science...
-Dream Theater...

-Coldplay...
-U2...
-Toy Box...
-The Moodie Blues...
-All American Rejects...
-Justin Bieber...
-Avril Lavinge...
-Fall Out Boy...

The red ones... gtfo.

I do listen to older metal like the Priest, and Black Sabbath (and especially Maiden). I have 88k songs in my music library after all, I was simply naming bands I currently am listening to the most.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Jagger Cyde wrote:
Tellen Silversun wrote:

We both know that's not an appropriate use of the internets... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 9:59 pm

Scott Chain wrote:
Jagger Cyde wrote:
Tellen Silversun wrote:

We both know that's not an appropriate use of the internets... Rolling Eyes

This is...

Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:08 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
I listen to alot of things.

Rock, mostly. Some rap (pretty rare), same with some pop (even more rare).
I've been listening to the music associated with hardstyle. Jumpstyle, shuffling. That sort of stuff.

I've got a weakness for oldddd music these days (things from the 40s-50s) due to my ever-growing exposure to Fallout games. Examples would be The Inkspots, Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong.

I also have a taste for what I can only describe as Choir music. Examples: Prelude to Paradise and Am I Not Human?

Orchestral is a plus as well.

Yeah... I like to say i've got a fairly varied idea of what I like. Very Happy

How heavy would you go?
Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:39 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
I try to stay away from metal, if thats what you're askin. It's either screaming bullshit that gives me a headache, or it's bellowing bullshit that I can't even understand.

Hmm
Be that way xD
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
I try to stay away from metal, if thats what you're askin. It's either screaming bullshit that gives me a headache, or it's bellowing bullshit that I can't even understand.

Neither of those is Metal, true metal is the stuff from the '70s like Judas Priest, Dio
( RIP) and Black Sabbath.

Back to top Go down
Jagger Cyde
Jagger Cyde

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:21 am

Brucil wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:

Neither of those is Metal, true metal is the stuff from the '70s like Judas Priest, Dio
( RIP) and Black Sabbath.

Ehh
Not to sound like a dickhead, but you made that sound like there is no such thing as a new band that plays metal and it's all from the 70's
Just saying...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Music - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music   Music - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Music
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2