The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People are stupid.

Go down 
+2
Valkus
Nawkes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nawkes
Nawkes

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:14 am

I'm not even gonna deal with these threads trying to justify BioWare's reason for lack of non Near-Human species.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:26 am

Gave up on those threads a long time ago bro.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:35 am

Seriously, this, through the internet.
Right in their faces.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:40 am

Nawkes wrote:

Seriously, this, through the internet.
Right in their faces.

hahaha Yes!

So what was going on in the thread?
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:44 am

Pretty much, the opposing side (the stupid side), are saying that somehow the average Star wars inhabitant would view a Mon cal as a freak, but they would think a Chiss is perfectly fine. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:55 am

That is stupid Neutral
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:58 am

Oh lord, this guy is now trying to say that being mammal is obviously a requirement for a playable race and anything that isn't a mammal is obviously unrelatable.

Frak this, I'm gonna watch go watch Tom & Jerry.

I worry if I'll be able to relate to Tom though.
I mean he isn't a Near Human... butbutbut he is a mammal.

(har har har)
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:01 am

Nawkes wrote:
Oh lord, this guy is now trying to say that being mammal is obviously a requirement for a playable race and anything that isn't a mammal is obviously unrelatable.

Frak this, I'm gonna watch go watch Tom & Jerry.

I worry if I'll be able to relate to Tom though.
I mean he isn't a Near Human... butbutbut he is a mammal.

(har har har)

Hahaha Cool
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:26 am

SOME people would see more similarities with the Chiss than the Mon Cals.

I like to call those people species-ist.

Or better yet, rednecks.
-------

That being said, the majority of the "civilized" galaxy seemed to be rather...Well, civil towards most species, unless they were outright hostile to those around them.

So unless the majority of the game takes place in prejudiced and socially backwards area of the galaxy, I honestly see no reason why there shouldn't be playable Mon Cals, Ithorians, or other iconic bipedal humanoids, as logically speaking, they'd not be out of place, as the most rejecting place of non-humans around the game's time period, that is, Taris, was turned to rubble and rakghoul nests.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Nawkes wrote:
Pretty much, the opposing side (the stupid side), are saying that somehow the average Star wars inhabitant would view a Mon cal as a freak, but they would think a Chiss is perfectly fine. Neutral

^Ironic because we've seen how many iconic Mon Calamari Jedi throughout the ages? And how many Chiss?

Oh thats right... at least 4 or 5 more than the Chiss' resounding 0.

Anywho... the reason I got that Ithorians, Calamari, etc. weren't playable, was because of the romance dialogue or something. I just remember a dev or someone stating they couldn't work 'the kiss'. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am

Scott Chain wrote:
Nawkes wrote:

^Ironic because we've seen how many iconic Mon Calamari Jedi throughout the ages? And how many Chiss?

Oh thats right... at least 4 or 5 more than the Chiss' resounding 0.

Anywho... the reason I got that Ithorians, Calamari, etc. weren't playable, was because of the romance dialogue or something. I just remember a dev or someone stating they couldn't work 'the kiss'. Laughing
There have been two Chiss Force Users Scott, but I see your point.
And Mon, are you really surprised that people is stupid? I mean, did you ever read the letter from the twilight fan to universal that I posted in the OT? I lost my faith in humanity that day.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:18 am

The human species isn't stupid, their ignorant. Of course... ignorant and stupid are pretty much the same thing. Razz

My "race of choice" has already been implemented in SW:TOR (Miraluka), so I'm good to go. (Hopefully the Miraluka race can *also* be Jedi Consular, along with Jedi Knight). Though I do in fact support more alien-like species to be implemented into SW:TOR.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:20 am

Galenth Dysley wrote:
The human species isn't stupid, their ignorant. Of course... ignorant and stupid are pretty much the same thing. Razz

My "race of choice" has already been implemented in SW:TOR (Miraluka), so I'm good to go. Though I do in fact support more alien-like species to be implemented into SW:TOR.

No. Ignorant simply means uneducated or uninformed. Such as being ignorant of an abstract law. Stupid means they don't have the mental capacity to *grasp* the law. They just can't understand why they can't go past the stop sign.

I channeled my inner tellen.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:40 am

Galenth Dysley wrote:

My "race of choice" has already been implemented in SW:TOR (Miraluka), so I'm good to go. (Hopefully the Miraluka race can *also* be Jedi Consular, along with Jedi Knight). Though I do in fact support more alien-like species to be implemented into SW:TOR.

It's not star wars without aliens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

People are stupid. Empty
PostSubject: Re: People are stupid.   People are stupid. Empty

Back to top Go down

People are stupid.
Page 1 of 1