The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finished Chapter 1

Go down 
+5
Scott Chain
Vigo Surai
A-Train
The Laughing Man
Valkus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Malcolm
Malcolm

Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:13 pm

FFS! Norland's and Karugara story is amazing. One Piece is the only tv show or any other media that brings tears to my eyes that much.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:47 pm

There's a pretty sad, and by pretty sad I mean THE MOST SAD, storyline in One Piece which you're quickly approaching. It revolves around Nico Robin.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:56 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
There's a pretty sad, and by pretty sad I mean THE MOST SAD, storyline in One Piece which you're quickly approaching. It revolves around Nico Robin.

Oh man really? More sad than the final episodes of the Skypeia Arc? Damn it, I'm going to need a beer after that to recover the manliness.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 12:05 am

Well, I'm currently in the Water 7 Arc, and I'm really loving it. I've quickly seen that One Piece took a darker tone, subtle, but is there. Also, I've heard that the next Arc, the Enies Lobby, is one of the best arcs in One Piece. Can't wait to get there.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:37 am

I lol'ed at just how similar the Smuggler storyline in TOR is to the anime One Piece. As a Smuggler you:

// Recruit crew members to help you on your journey. (Every class does this, I know).

Here's where it REALLY starts to sound similar.

// You consider your ship a living, breathing member of your crew. (Luffy considers the Going Merry and Thousand Sunny a living, breathing member of his crew).

// The main goal of the Smuggler is to find a MASSIVE treasure left behind by some famous Underworld King long ago. Said famous Underworld King was executed and gave clues to where the treasure is located before being executed. (The One Piece is the massive treasure everyone is looking for in One Piece. Gol D. Roger, the King of the Pirates, before he was executed gave information on the treasure One Piece).

// The person who finds the treasure first becomes the King of the Underworld. (The person who finds the One Piece becomes the King of the Pirates).

// There's a person who has been closet to finding the treasure, everyone is afraid of him because he's considered the strongest and smartest. (Whitebeard in One Piece is the pirate closet to finding the One Piece; also the strongest and one of the smartest people in the world).

These are just some of the examples off the top of my head. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but I love it. It makes me REALLY want to play a Smuggler now.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:44 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
I lol'ed at just how similar the Smuggler storyline in TOR is to the anime One Piece. As a Smuggler you:

// Recruit crew members to help you on your journey. (Every class does this, I know).

// You consider your ship a living, breathing member of your crew. (Luffy considers the Going Merry and Thousand Sunny a living, breathing member of his crew).

// The main goal of the Smuggler is to find a MASSIVE treasure left behind by some famous Underworld King long ago. Said famous Underworld King was executed and gave clues to where the treasure is located before being executed. (The One Piece is the massive treasure everyone is looking for in One Piece. Gol D. Roger, the King of the Pirates, before he was executed gave information on the treasure One Piece).

// The person who finds the treasure first becomes the King of the Underworld. (The person who finds the One Piece becomes the King of the Pirates).

// There's a person who has been closet to finding the treasure, everyone is afraid of him because he's considered the strongest and smartest. (Whitebeard in One Piece is the pirate closet to finding the One Piece; also the strongest and one of the smartest people in the world).

These are just some of the examples off the top of my head. I'm sure it's a coincidence, but I love it. It makes me REALLY want to play a Smuggler now.

Yo, Imma Let You Fin
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 11:51 am

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

Yo, Imma Let You Fin

Get ready for One Piece: STAR WARS style, Malcolm.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 1:08 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:

Yo, Imma Let You Fin

Get ready for One Piece: STAR WARS style, Malcolm.
Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 Citizen-kane-clapping2
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyFri Dec 09, 2011 3:07 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:

Maybe DE is a One Piece fan? Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 962893
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:02 pm

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Wait, if Moria is the weakest warlord, wouldn't that mean he should be a cakewalk to Luffy, since he defeated Crocodile and is much more stronger now?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:28 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Wait, if Moria is the weakest warlord, wouldn't that mean he should be a cakewalk to Luffy, since he defeated Crocodile and is much more stronger now?

Yeah.

But Moria uses sneaky tactics and blah blah blah. Luffy isn't use to that.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:

Yeah.

But Moria uses sneaky tactics and blah blah blah. Luffy isn't use to that.
Huh, that should be interesting. Also, from the two obvios connections I've seen, when someone loses their shadow, one of the zombies gets them and they also get their personality? Like the samurai who has the personality of Brook or the Pinguin/Dog with the personality of Sanji.

Also, I don't know why, since I haven't had that problem before, but Ussop and Nami are starting to annoy me a little.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Usopp's always annoying, even after the timeskip--though he's less annoying. Nami gets MUCH better. The reason Usopp's annoying is because he represents the average person (like us, the viewer) going through unreal situations. I'm pretty sure 8 out of 10 people would react similar to Usopp if they were in some of the conditions he's put into on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:44 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Usopp's always annoying, even after the timeskip--though he's less annoying. Nami gets MUCH better. The reason Usopp's annoying is because he represents the average person (like us, the viewer) going through unreal situations. I'm pretty sure 8 out of 10 people would react similar to Usopp if they were in some of the conditions he's put into on a regular basis.

Oh, that hardly bothers me. I won't expect the same level of reaction from a normal human compared to what the others feel. As I said, he never really bothered me, he was always a wuss, but let's be real, who wouldn't it in a similar situation? He also has some pretty awesome moments.

But in this arc, I don't know, he's annoying me.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Also, where do you guys see it? I know some of you see it on Hulu, but I can't since apparently it's only for people in USA(Or at least not to my country), and the site where I usually watch it has some troubles with some episodes of the Thrill Bark Arc. Do you know any other site? Preferably subbed, since I don't like watching dubbed anime, but since it's only for a few episodes, it doesn't really matter.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Also, where do you guys see it? I know some of you see it on Hulu, but I can't since apparently it's only for people in USA(Or at least not to my country), and the site where I usually watch it has some troubles with some episodes of the Thrill Bark Arc. Do you know any other site? Preferably subbed, since I don't like watching dubbed anime, but since it's only for a few episodes, it doesn't really matter.

Try anime fushigi. Before I watched the show on Hulu, I use to watch it there--more specifically for the Thriller Bark arc. Did pretty well there.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:58 pm

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:

Try anime fushigi. Before I watched the show on Hulu, I use to watch it there--more specifically for the Thriller Bark arc. Did pretty well there.
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:26 am

Fuck it, Brook is too damn awesome.
Back to top Go down
Valkus
Admin
Admin
Valkus

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:43 am

Malcolm Malorne wrote:

He's hilarious lol

Still my favorites are:

Zoro

and

Franky
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 12:50 am

Valkus Werdana wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:

He's hilarious lol

Still my favorites are:

Zoro

and

Franky
Franky is awesome too. I always laugh when he cries for nothing.
And really, all of them are awesome in their own way(Yeah, even Ussop, the aim he has has to be due to Haki or something).
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:40 am

Bartholomew Kuma is still the best Warlord of the Sea. He's the strongest. He's the scariest. And he's not what he seems at first (has a lot of depth).
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:26 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Bartholomew Kuma is still the best Warlord of the Sea. He's the strongest. He's the scariest. And he's not what he seems at first (has a lot of depth).
Why don't you marry him?
Problem, Officer?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 9:35 am

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Why don't you marry him?
Problem, Officer?

Who says I wouldn't. Problem, Officer?
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 10:20 am

The Laughing Man wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
The Laughing Man wrote:
Why don't you marry him?
Problem, Officer?

Who says I wouldn't. Problem, Officer?
*First word after Oz awekes*
"MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finished Chapter 1   Finished Chapter 1 - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Finished Chapter 1
Page 20 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next