The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.

Go down 
+3
TitanT2
A-Train
Vigo Surai
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. Empty
PostSubject: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:35 am

Right. so a week ago an old friend of mine came back into my life.
I always liked her, she was sweet and energetic (and had a hell of a sadistic-flavored streak that made her interesting), but after the 7 days of being in contact with her again I have realized one thing.

I don't care.

I don't care about her life suddenly. At first it was like old times, lots of laughs, and suddenly all I'm doing is playing my time-honored and absolutely despised role of "Life Advisory."

She's been telling me, more and more frequently, about how she's trying to help her junkie ex out and get him into rehab, and every single time I see his name, the more it's obvious to me there's a still-living chunk of affection for him that goes beyond helping a friend in need.

Now keep in mind this is all after I heard about her last patch of shit-luck. Another ex hit her occasionally, and I was furious. She was basically in hiding for 2 years. I immediately flared up and vented about that asshole. So why is this all a problem? Why can't I just be her consoling friend?

1: It's fantastically against my mindset and is incredibly mentally exhausting to try and balance my desire to see her happy with my desire to let junkies rot in whatever ditch they stumble into. If you are enough of a fuck-up to get into drugs and are too pathetic to break out of your shitty life, you've failed life entirely, find a gun, chew on the barrel, get out of the genepool. If you're a person who can't give up on a lost cause, then I really have no interest in what you do whatsoever as long as I'm not involved. Get out of my life.

2: Part of the reason why I was so happy to see this girl come back onto the grid is because I was attracted to her brand of crazy and seeing this horseshit is making me lose my motivation to just even bother to give a damn. It's selfish. I don't care.

That's my revelation I think.

I'm tired of giving advice that isn't followed.
I'm tired of dealing with other people's problems.
I'm tired of my friends in general.

This may very well be the first time I put a girl I genuinely wanted neck-fucking deep into the friend-zone. But again, I do not care.

I have absolutely no desire to get even deeper into the mistake-riddled life of the ex she still cares about, when I myself wouldn't lose a minute of sleep over him, even if someone slit his throat right now all over a box full of newborn kittens.

Good day, gentletrolls.

Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 2:46 am

In all honesty, I've never cared about anyone, not even my parents. Probably an emotional disorder or something.

Aeraie's Advice: Fuck her and friendzone the helllllll out of her. Have good sex <3
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:39 am

Don't give a fuck about either of them.
She sounds like a fuck up and the junk sounds like a fuck up.
Tell her that she should go back to her junk ex if she loves him so much. I hope he goes high and berserk and beats some goddamn sense in that goddamn head of hers.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:42 am

Tell her he's not worth saving... but the loaf in yo pants will expire shortly if she doesn't hurry.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Simple solution: Kill her. Problem, Officer?
Real answer: Don't know... I have never been in the situation myself.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 3:27 pm

That doesn't make you an asshole(Unless I'm an asshole too). You do not have to care the singlest of fucks. If you already tried giving her some advice, and she doesn't listen, well fuck it then. Why bother? And that goes to every person you meet. You do not have to give a single fuck about them unless you want to.

If you want to see her happy, I don't know what to tell you. People like that usually have to suffer a lot before they realize how fucked up their relationships are, and a lot of the time they don't even realize it.

About sleeping with her, will it make you feel better somehow? Is it worth it just fucking her like a random girl and then leave her to fend off for herself? I wouldn't do it, but it's up to you.
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 pm

I think generally speaking it's best to take the high road. There's nothing wrong with deciding that there are certain people you dislike and that you don't want to associate with. Or people that just generally take up too much of your time to be worth the investment in a friendship, but if she really is your friend then you need to care about her life and her.

That doesn't mean that you need to let her use you up and move on, but certainly offering advice that's solicited would always be help. People respond differently to various stimuli. Some people take advice right away and other people it takes a long time. Is she stupid for wanting to be with/help her ex? Kinda. I don't think anyone can say it's BAD to want to help someone else, but given her history it seems ill-advised.

The thing to keep in mind is how you would want other people to look back at this situation and remember you. Do you want to be the person that could have helped, but didn't, or the person that tried their best to do the right thing and stick by a friend?

It's not always an easy analysis to make, but I think it's always best to try and be the person that sticks by their friends until there is really no point.
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:33 pm

ZOMG a wild Sergei appears!
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:50 pm

Scott Chain wrote:

I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. 406527

I visit the site once a day to check up on you lunatics, I just don't always post
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:
Scott Chain wrote:

I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. 406527

I visit the site once a day to check up on you lunatics, I just don't always post
Tis be da truth, I always see you online.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:44 pm

I'm gonna go against what every facet of my personality is screaming at me and continue the path of Life Advisory. See where she goes.

But the second I hear of this clown slipping back into retarded-ness is the second I laugh and write him off as a failed human being. I don't think I'm gonna sugarcoat it.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:
I'm gonna go against what every facet of my personality is screaming at me and continue the path of Life Advisory. See where she goes.

But the second I hear of this clown slipping back into retarded-ness is the second I laugh and write him off as a failed human being. I don't think I'm gonna sugarcoat it.

Remember to wear sunglasses.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:

Remember to wear sunglasses.

And a trench coat.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Should I bring an MP3 player with a portable speaker setup to pull off a Caruso?
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 am

Vigo Surai wrote:
Should I bring an MP3 player with a portable speaker setup to pull off a Caruso?
I would recommend some fingerless gloves too.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:
I would recommend some fingerless gloves too.

This too.

And! Don't forget! Some badass headwear to "top off" your outfit.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:29 pm

Got the perfect thing in mind.

I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. 129020309362790514
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:

Just say the following:

"Look lass, if you want to help your crackhead of a boyfriend that is fine by me. Just know that you play it dangerous and this guy will probably treat you like your last boyfriend. He will beat the living shit out of you. Because he doesn't wanna stop doing drugs. I am telling you right now this is going to end badly and it is best to cut all ties to this lowlife. He is not weird he is not interresting he is a pathatic fuck that lives for a toxic and dangerous substance just so he can feel good. I am saying this because i care about your future. You don't have to follow him to ruin. But know this, i will stop caring about anything you do when you try to "help" this guy like you are trying now. The best way to help this guy is saying in his face that he is a pathatic dipshit and if he wants to O.D. then he should go ahead and do so. Or he goes to a clinic. And when he is clean you will talk to him again. Because the road you are now taking is trying to heal someone that doesn't want to be cured."

Vigo best advise i can give you is... Tell her to go over to her "ex".(<<use the finger) And tell her that you hope to see her one day on TV with Doctor Phill while she cries about her druggie boyfriend, and how he beats the shit out of her. Tell her that you will grin and love that "i told you so you stupid cunt feeling".
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:02 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:

Just say the following:

"Look lass, if you want to help your crackhead of a boyfriend that is fine by me. Just know that you play it dangerous and this guy will probably treat you like your last boyfriend. He will beat the living shit out of you. Because he doesn't wanna stop doing drugs. I am telling you right now this is going to end badly and it is best to cut all ties to this lowlife. He is not weird he is not interresting he is a pathatic fuck that lives for a toxic and dangerous substance just so he can feel good. I am saying this because i care about your future. You don't have to follow him to ruin. But know this, i will stop caring about anything you do when you try to "help" this guy like you are trying now. The best way to help this guy is saying in his face that he is a pathatic dipshit and if he wants to O.D. then he should go ahead and do so. Or he goes to a clinic. And when he is clean you will talk to him again. Because the road you are now taking is trying to heal someone that doesn't want to be cured."

Vigo best advise i can give you is... Tell her to go over to her "ex".(<<use the finger) And tell her that you hope to see her one day on TV with Doctor Phill while she cries about her druggie boyfriend, and how he beats the shit out of her. Tell her that you will grin and love that "i told you so you stupid cunt feeling".
You know, sometimes I wonder if you are drunk or high most of the time.
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:20 pm

Malcolm Malorne wrote:
TitanT2 wrote:
Vigo Surai wrote:

Just say the following:

80% of the time i am both...
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:40 pm

Titan's good at multi-tasking.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:31 pm

TitanT2 wrote:
Malcolm Malorne wrote:
TitanT2 wrote:

Just say the following:

80% of the time i am both...
Not a 100%? I'm dissapointed.
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:07 am

Yep. Folks I have an answer for my dilemma.

"Fuck this woman."

And I don't mean get her into bed. I think I've just reached my limit, and I want nothing more.

All it took to push me over the ledge of "What the hell?" was me learning that she recently took morphine for fun and mixed it with some good ol' fashioned shots. Reason why? "I don't like feeling pain sometimes."

This disgusts me on multiple levels.

There's really no turning back for this girl in my eyes. On top of the other bullshit I've learned, it'd take a fucking boatload of miracles for me to even get some shreds of begrudging respect back.

Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 9:44 am

Vigo Surai wrote:

"Fuck this woman."

And I don't mean get her into bed. I think I've just reached my limit, and I want nothing more.

All it took to push me over the ledge of "What the hell?" was me learning that she recently took morphine for fun and mixed it with some good ol' fashioned shots. Reason why? "I don't like feeling pain sometimes."

There's really no turning back for this girl in my eyes. On top of the other bullshit I've learned, it'd take a fucking boatload of miracles for me to even get some shreds of begrudging respect back.

Hooooo-boy.
Back to top Go down
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:14 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:

"Fuck this woman."

Yeah, definitely tell her to go fuck herself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.   I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life. Empty

Back to top Go down

I could be turning into an asshole, or this could be the most clarifying , revelation revealing moment of my life.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next