The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..

Go down 
+6
Scott Chain
The Laughing Man
Vigo Surai
King Clovis
Nawkes
A-Train
10 posters
AuthorMessage
A-Train
A-Train

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. Empty
PostSubject: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 6:47 pm

And I need some funny things to say and better topic ideas. I'm currently talking about how people don't use acronyms properly, usage in the internet, forms, and usage out of the internet. Anyone got any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:57 pm

Nobody has a fucking clue what trolling is and simply use it as a catch-all term for things they don't agree with or just being an unfunny forum lurker or when they simply don't understand what a joke is.

People are still using old worn out decade old memes that weren't funny when they were thought up of and are even less funny now.
-cool story bro
-cake is a lie
-Posting that fucking Picard facepalm picture, holy fuck I hate it. IT AIN'T FUNNEH.
-Adding lawl as a prefix to the suffix of another word. Example: Lawlosaurus rex. BURNING RAGE
-Over 9000. Holy fuck, shut up.
-And the countless other decade old unfunny memes.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 8:59 pm

I wish Eugenics would of caught on.
Back to top Go down
King Clovis
King Clovis

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyWed May 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Nawkes wrote:
Nobody has a fucking clue what trolling is and simply use it as a catch-all term for things they don't agree with or just being an unfunny forum lurker or when they simply don't understand what a joke is.

People are still using old worn out decade old memes that weren't funny when they were thought up of and are even less funny now.
-cool story bro
-cake is a lie
-Posting that fucking Picard facepalm picture, holy fuck I hate it. IT AIN'T FUNNEH.
-Adding lawl as a prefix to the suffix of another word. Example: Lawlosaurus rex. BURNING RAGE
-Over 9000. Holy fuck, shut up.
-And the countless other decade old unfunny memes.

Cool story bro.
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 7:34 am

When I present my essay, I'm going to say in the snoobiest, highest, bitchiest voice possible: "The lolrus and lawlasaurus rex used to eat lawlipops together at lolipalooza, but since Lawlasaurus Rex destroyed the Great Lawl of China and started the lolocaust, lolrus has filed a lawlsuit."

Thanks Nawkes....

facepalm
Back to top Go down
Vigo Surai
Vigo Surai

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:27 am

Yes.

YES.

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. BisonYes
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:34 am

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. Raping-Everybody-Guy-THEY-RAPING-EVERYBODY-OUT-HERE

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. Tumblr_l8qwuy5RxB1qa5z1ro1_400
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyThu May 19, 2011 10:56 pm

HTML5... you will all be assimilated soon. That is all...
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:45 pm

Vigo Surai wrote:

Yes.

YES.

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. BisonYes

Don't orgasm too soon now son.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:51 pm

I want to punch all of you in the dick.
Right in the dick.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:54 pm

Nawkes wrote:
I want to punch all of you in the dick.
Right in the dick.
What about people that don't have dicks, like Brucil?
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:22 am

I'm punching him with my dick.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:26 am

Nawkes wrote:
I'm punching him with my dick.

Gaaaaaaaay....
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptySat May 21, 2011 1:16 am

Getting punched in the dick is my favorite activity! Punch my penis anytime.
Back to top Go down
Ixidor Asgrod
Ixidor Asgrod

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:55 am

A-Train wrote:

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. Th_jawdrop
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:14 am

Awh yeah.
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Malcolm

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptySat May 21, 2011 10:23 am

Ixidor Asgrod wrote:
A-Train wrote:

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. Th_jawdrop
Don't act like you didn't knew.
Back to top Go down
A-Train
A-Train

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 2:20 pm

Just finished it. Tell me if I should make any changes.

Internet language. I’m not talking about binary here. I’m talking about one of the newest languages around, if you can call it a language- Internet “slang,” or acronyms commonly used in both texting and online, such as “Lol, afk, wtf, and brb.” I don’t even think God knows how many terms people have created, but that number’s got to be pretty high and people are still coming up with new forms.
There are many different “types” of internet slang, including acronyms like “omg(oh my god)” and “lol(laugh out loud),” l33t sp33k, which is made up of numbers which sort of look like a letter and letters, ASCII, or the picture language, and emoticons, or facial expressions. All of them are horribly abused. Internet slang is like the plague, only with higher fatality rates. As my father would put it, “it’s addictive.” Like cigarettes, it needs a label slapped on it saying USE IN MODERATION.
Another problem with internet slang is that most of the time, people don’t mean what they say. For example, when a friend replies with “Lol” to whatever you just typed, they probably didn’t find it humorous. Here’s a quick guide to how funny something is:
Lol(Laugh out loud): That just wasn’t funny. Give up now.
Frequent Lols to everything you say: You’re really annoying and I don’t have time for this.
Lmao(Laughing my gluteous maximus off): Funnier than lol. I was amused, but I’m still bored out of my mind.
Lmfao(Laughing my firetrucking gluteous maximus off): I think I just smirked..IN REAL LIFE.
Rofl(Rolling on the floor laughing): This one really depends on the person. It’s funnier than lol, but equals to a smile in real life.
Chains(LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL/HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA/ROFLROFLROFL): The longer, the funnier. If it’s in capital letters, they just might have actually laughed.
Those weird ones(Lawlasarus Rex, Roflcopter, Omgwtfbbq, lolrus, lolcat, etc.): It’s time to really think about who your friends are, because this is classic ‘nerd’ or ‘wanna be’ behavior.
Lol IRL(Laugh out loud in real life): They did laugh in real life, or they’re just lying to you for kicks. You never know these days...
In short, you never really know what people feel about what you say to them through text, IM, or the internet. The solution: Talk with them face to face.
Now, there’s two types of usage when talking about internet slang: Inside the internet and outside the internet. Inside the internet is where this type of stuff belongs: in its native lands. I hate to break your heart, but using it outside the internet does NOT make you a cool cat. Here’s an example:
Questioning friend:“Hey, Maddi, do you know the name of the guy who came up with the germ theory?”
Maddi’s response: “Question mark? Idk. L2studyforhistory. Rofl. Umadbro?”
You just come off as either a super nerd or one of the biggest douche bags alive. Save lives and keep the slang INSIDE the internet.

When it really comes down to it, ask yourself: “Is this really the appropriate context? Do I need to abbreviate everything? Will I come off as a jerk if i say this?” and if the answer is no, don’t do it. Trust yourself, make sensible friends, and use it in moderation. With that done, I’m sure you’ll have a ball.
kthanksbai
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:42 pm

I like the ending.
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
TitanT2
TitanT2

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 3:47 pm

And no mention of goatse...

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. Goatse-cake
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 7:34 pm

lolicwutudidthar... Problem, Officer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..   So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet.. Empty

Back to top Go down

So I'm writing this paper about language on the internet..
Page 1 of 1