The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I think of Mortal Online so far...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:46 pm

I'm still having trouble figuring out what to do. I mean, I do enjoy the fact that it's sandbox, but one of the most frustrating elements is that there is no direction. What'd you do when you just started out Barth?
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:
I'm still having trouble figuring out what to do. I mean, I do enjoy the fact that it's sandbox, but one of the most frustrating elements is that there is no direction. What'd you do when you just started out Barth?

You should start exploring, maybe make an inn?
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:17 am

Hmm from these comments I might look into this game :]
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 12:41 am

Victoria Alenko wrote:
Hmm from these comments I might look into this game :]
Da sand bawks gaemz iz no playse for wimminz!
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:27 am

Do you want this to happen huh?!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:05 am

Victoria Alenko wrote:
Do you want this to happen huh?!

Spoiler:

U be his girlfriend? O.o
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:41 am

*sneaks out of thread*
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 am

Sergei Meranov wrote:

I recommend pressing "H" while playing the game. This toggles a menu of FAQ and guides for people whom are just gets started in the world of Mortal. Once I used that menu, and figured out how to harvest resources I continued to harvest and crafted bows and various other items which levels up stats like Dex and Str, Con and Int.

Then from there, I ran around the land scouting out and making maps for people to use all at the risk of being killed by the lawless or getting killed by some goblins or something in various caves. I HIGHLY recommend harvesting resources. It's fast, levels up stats and you make equipment for yourself which will make you able to kill things with ease. Once you begin to seem to have things down pat the game becomes ALOT better then being totally lost at the start.

I have found some amazing player cities with fully furnished buildings, fountains the works. You just have to get out of the "I am lost, and I don't know what to do, or see what to do" stage. You will eventually come across small scale conflicts of players killing each other, in which, you can choose a side. But yes, as I said the game does not have alot of direction it wants players to do their own thing and not be restricted what so ever.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:01 pm

*Update: I was so happy when playing around with Mortal Online today, the lawless lost an outpost and fell back to a new region it seems. Abunch of knights and archers (about 20-30) raided a small lawless outpost which had about 8-10. Lawless can actually die!!! affraid

It seems the community is growing some balls and taking the fight to lawless regions and areas. Though the outpost was very minor (a small watch tower and 2-3 tents with other camp like accessories), it's a major success in my mind.
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:45 pm

Just so everyone knows. The Fillorean Society in the game will be determined to establishing a lawful zone, and driving the lawless back.
Back to top Go down
Scott Chain
Scott Chain

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:
Just so everyone knows. The Fillorean Society in the game will be determined to establishing a lawful zone, and driving the lawless back.

Well... we are the good guys. tongue
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:

I know the game may seem kinda iffy to you right now Sergei, the learning curve is quite hard. I just figured out how to make money today. You must confront a vendor whom actually has coin in his inventory and put items in the "sell" slots. After you do this, you must buy the coin (sorta kinda) with thee amount of money it states in the "sell" side of the vendor. Basically, you exchange items for coins the vendor has located in their inventory. Also, dont forget pressing "H" is your FRIEND! YOUR BEST FRIEND! Razz

If you kill vendors you gain coin, as well as killing players whom forget to invest their coin in one of the banking clans. Most likely killing enemies to, NPC's, has the same effect. However, no mob I have killed thus far has dropped and currency type besides misc parts I can trade for coin.
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:24 pm

I started gathering some resources, and am figuring some things out. My character name is Vazili Meranov, you should send me a tell or something.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:32 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:
I started gathering some resources, and am figuring some things out. My character name is Vazili Meranov, you should send me a tell or something.

I shall, are you currently online? I just attempted to send you a /whisper and said "Player Vazili does not exist in-game". If not, thats ok I shall try some other time, no need to worry yourself.

My characters name is Tsavong Lah. We can attempt to contact each other until one scenario works. Razz
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 pm

how much does this cost a month?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Victoria Alenko wrote:
how much does this cost a month?

It's currently in beta stages so it's free if you download the client and make an account. However, once it's released I would guess it shall be the same as what The Old Republic is gonna cost per month, 14.95.
Back to top Go down
Victoria Alenko
Victoria Alenko

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:08 pm

Hmm I think ill hold out on this for now

I'm low on the mulah Razz
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:05 pm

I'm forming a Druidic Order in the game with the main city in a jungle.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:09 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:

*Update: Lawless retaliation for the loss of one of their outposts. They mounted a 650 man siege against one of the cities, inturn, destroying the entire thing and killing well over 200-300 defenders and various NPC's and player civilians. This reminds me off...

The Old Republic needs battles this large in scale, really, they do.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 pm

Barthandelus Rosch wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

*Update: Lawless retaliation for the loss of one of their outposts. They mounted a 650 man siege against one of the cities, inturn, destroying the entire thing and killing well over 200-300 defenders and various NPC's and player civilians. This reminds me off...

Sounds sexy.

Makes me think of this one time in EVE where me and a bounty hunter were playing cat and mouse for months....in Delve.....During the Delve Wars.
It was epic.
There was a battle in every system as I tried for months to escape from the bounty hunter.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:15 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Sounds sexy.

Makes me think of this one time in EVE where me and a bounty hunter were playing cat and mouse for months....in Delve.....During the Delve Wars.
It was epic.
There was a battle in every system as I tried for months to escape from the bounty hunter.

It was hilarious imho, me and some guys were going to help reinforce the city, however, we had no idea how big the scale of the enemy was. Yes, there are siege weapons I saw them in action. Lets just say a giant wall of red hit the city and in about 5-10 mintues it was gone.

Basically, we turned around her fled back the way we came. We know suicide when we see it, and trust me, that was utter suicide.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Sounds sexy.

It was epic.

It was hilarious imho, me and some guys were going to help reinforce the city, however, we had no idea how big the scale of the enemy was. Yes, there are siege weapons I saw them in action. Lets just say a giant wall of red hit the city and in about 5-10 mintues it was gone.

Basically, we turned around her fled back the way we came. We know suicide when we see it, and trust me, that was utter suicide.

FRAPS?

You need to get some AOEs.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:19 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Sounds sexy.

It was epic.

FRAPS?

Indeed, I have FRAPS. I presume they will take a break then begin mobilizing for another siege upon a town nearby. I will try to get there and be out of sight, though, close enough to capture the event if it does take place.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Sounds sexy.

It was epic.

FRAPS?

Indeed, I have FRAPS. I presume they will take a break then begin mobilizing for another siege upon a town nearby. I will try to get there and be out of sight, though, close enough to capture the event if it does take place.

Any Stealth abilities to help you hide?

I want to see the lawless tactics and numbers so i can think of strategies.
Years of RTS games and MMOs have given me a tactical and strategic mind. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:28 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Sounds sexy.

It was epic.

FRAPS?

Any Stealth abilities to help you hide?

I want to see the lawless tactics and numbers so i can think of strategies.
Years of RTS games and MMOs have given me a tactical and strategic mind. Embarassed

No stealth in the game, just camofluage levels. However, there are various hills and alcoves I can hide in close to the town while it takes the beating from the Lawless. Lawless like to use brute strength from what I am seeing, they like to swarm. Lawful tend to use strategy, however, against a 3:1 army ratio they hardly ever win in large scale conflicts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What I think of Mortal Online so far...
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next