The Fillorean Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A website for the SWTOR roleplaying guild: The Fillorean Society

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What I think of Mortal Online so far...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Nawkes
Nawkes

What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Barthandelus Rosch wrote:

No stealth in the game, just camofluage levels. However, there are various hills and alcoves I can hide in close to the town while it takes the beating from the Lawless. Lawless like to use brute strength from what I am seeing, they like to swarm. Lawful tend to use strategy, however, against a 3:1 army ratio they hardly ever win in large scale conflicts.

Are you able to build traps in the game such as bear traps or such?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:

No stealth in the game, just camofluage levels. However, there are various hills and alcoves I can hide in close to the town while it takes the beating from the Lawless. Lawless like to use brute strength from what I am seeing, they like to swarm. Lawful tend to use strategy, however, against a 3:1 army ratio they hardly ever win in large scale conflicts.

There is poisonmaking and trapmaking I believe, so I am going to answer that with a yes at the moment. Though, if traps and poison are polished at the moment or not I really have no idea. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:

There is poisonmaking and trapmaking I believe, so I am going to answer that with a yes at the moment. Though, if traps and poison are polished at the moment or not I really have no idea. Embarassed

Those traps in large ammounts could serve to impede the lawless greatly.
Especially if they're a zerg.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:44 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Only 1 issue with that theory you have there. They can bombard the city into submission with various siege engines, forcing lawful out into the open field of battle then just slaughter them from there.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:48 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Only 1 issue with that theory you have there. They can bombard the city into submission with various siege engines, forcing lawful out into the open field of battle then just slaughter them from there.

Hmmmmmm....
Think about this.
Have about 25 or so Lawful defend a city.
When they lawless kill those lawful and city, they'll leave back to their city.
At that point you'll have a group of lawful sneak behind and follow them to thier base so you'll know where it is.
Maybe even attack it at night when the lawless will most likely be offline.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Hmmmmmm....
Think about this.
At that point you'll have a group of lawful sneak behind and follow them to thier base so you'll know where it is.

I was thinking something around those lines. Send a scout or two to follow the force back to where ever they head. It may not be their main city, but a city none the less. However, some lawful people are cowards and just like to flee instead of thinking about a logical solution.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Hmmmmmm....
Think about this.

I was thinking something around those lines. Send a scout or two to follow the force back to where ever they head. It may not be their main city, but a city none the less. However, some lawful people are cowards and just like to flee instead of thinking about a logical solution.
Then take the intiative and do it yourself.
Afterwards find a big lawful guild and tell them the info so they can do something about it.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:

Hmmmmmm....
Think about this.

Then take the intiative and do it yourself.
Afterwards find a big lawful guild and tell them the info so they can do something about it.

I may just do that. I am observing what they are gonna do now. Pondering if they will siege this town or not, if so, they are taking FOREVER to mobilize.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:56 pm

I may just do that. I am observing what they are gonna do now. Pondering if they will siege this town or not, if so, they are taking FOREVER to mobilize.

Trust me they will sooner or later.
They're probably taking long because PvPers by nature are very independent, so i takes a while for them to agree on anything.
Trust me....
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:

They're probably taking long because PvPers by nature are very independent, so i takes a while for them to agree on anything.
Trust me....

What I find HILARIOUS. They activate /walk or something like that and march slowly in formation with siege engines behind them like a real army. I have never seen something like that take place in an MMO of this type. It's epic, but at the same time you pee your pants alittle.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:

Trust me....

What I find HILARIOUS. They activate /walk or something like that and march slowly in formation with siege engines behind them like a real army. I have never seen something like that take place in an MMO of this type. It's epic, but at the same time you pee your pants alittle.

We PvPers like to have style.
Hell I once was in a battle in EVE, and when GoonSwarm warped in as reinforcements.
They timed it just right so that their ships drifted into the battle like freakin' cars.
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:02 pm

Yeah, I was just on and it said you weren't online. I've gathered some resources, but it appears I need to get some animal materials before I can craft anything, which is unfortunate considering I've never been able to kill one.
Back to top Go down
https://filloreansociety.forumotion.com
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:04 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:
Yeah, I was just on and it said you weren't online. I've gathered some resources, but it appears I need to get some animal materials before I can craft anything, which is unfortunate considering I've never been able to kill one.

Indeed, killing them should be rather easy for you now considering harvesting has leveled up your various stats like Str and Con. So now you have more HP and do more damage with melee and 1/2 more damage with ranged weapons. You most likely will be able to 3-4 shot them down with the starting gear, 5 shots at most.

I logged for the night seeing as I have been playing a good portion of the day, however, I will most likely play it to death tomorrow and a bunch of days after because I enjoy the game quite abit. I would put your resources in a banking clan NPC. They are the people whom look sorta Roman in nature located in various cities. I keep ALL my stuff I don't have equiped in my bank so I don't lose it all if I happen to die by a lawless, or some random NPC.

To talk and interact with NPC's, and to pick up dropped loot you press the "R" key.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:

Those bunnies can be tough huh?
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

It's the boars lol, they hurt ALOT at lower levels and attack REALLY fast. O, and BTW Mon, the lawless, they never did attack the other town, they just fell back through some desert and off into the horizon. Thats all I could see without being killed by them.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:14 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

It's the boars lol, they hurt ALOT at lower levels and attack REALLY fast. O, and BTW Mon, the lawless, they never did attack the other town, they just fell back through some desert and off into the horizon. Thats all I could see without being killed by them.

Ahhh...
I see what they did.
Their base is by a big open area to allow them to see incoming attacks from far away.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

Ahhh...
I see what they did.
Their base is by a big open area to allow them to see incoming attacks from far away.

I personally believe they have a fake main city in the desert used for guarding their capital. I believe their capital is in one of the numerous mountain ranges located in the desert, deep underground. They use this "fake" city to be the lookout for their capital city.

However, I did not even view the "fake" lookout city in question. I just know the desert region is huge so it could be anywhere, however, it's most likely closer to the mountain ranges to allow the capital to prepare defensive manuevers. Of course, they have several towns and outposts throughout the entire land of Nave (the name of the realm you play in), heck, they most likely have more then one underground base.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:21 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

Ahhh...
I see what they did.

I personally believe they have a fake main city in the desert used for guarding their capital. I believe their capital is in one of the numerous mountain ranges located in the desert, deep underground. They use this "fake" city to be the lookout for their capital city.

However, I did not even view the "fake" lookout city in question. I just know the desert region is huge so it could be anywhere, however, it's most likely closer to the mountain ranges to allow the capital to prepare defensive manuevers. Of course, they have several towns and outposts throughout the entire land of Nave (the name of the realm you play in).

I've seen this tactic employed before.
The reason that city is in the desert is to make it harder for them to be followed.
I've used this tactic before.
Back to top Go down
The Laughing Man
The Laughing Man

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:25 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

Ahhh...
I see what they did.

However, I did not even view the "fake" lookout city in question. I just know the desert region is huge so it could be anywhere, however, it's most likely closer to the mountain ranges to allow the capital to prepare defensive manuevers. Of course, they have several towns and outposts throughout the entire land of Nave (the name of the realm you play in).

The reason that city is in the desert is to make it harder for them to be followed.

Really though, playing this game has made me a much more tactical person and how I view MMO's. Carebear MMO's now give me a tad bit of gas. I just love how open and free form the game is and how scary the game can be with people running around whom can one or two shot you. I wish sandbox games were the mainstream market instead of themepark ones.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

Ahhh...
I see what they did.

Really though, playing this game has made me a much more tactical person and how I view MMO's. Carebear MMO's now give me a tad bit of gas. I just love how open and free form the game is and how scary the game can be with people running around whom can one or two shot you. I wish sandbox games were the mainstream market instead of themepark ones.

Same here, But people these days like thier games to hold thier hand as soon as they walk in and have them trip and fall into a pile of phat lewts on a cushioned floor.
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:38 pm

EVE does a good job of making you scared. I ran a shipping company that went through 0.0 space. If there's anything scarier that going through 0.0 in a combat ship, it's going through 0.0 in a ship that says "Kill me, I've got the phat lewtz!"
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:40 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:
EVE does a good job of making you scared. I ran a shipping company that went through 0.0 space. If there's anything scarier that going through 0.0 in a combat ship, it's going through 0.0 in a ship that says "Kill me, I've got the phat lewtz!"

I had a smuggler friend that had to take a 4 hour in-game trip everyday through pirate territory in his Blockade Runner.
Back to top Go down
Sergei Meranov
Admin
Admin
Sergei Meranov

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

I had a smuggler friend that had to take a 4 hour in-game trip everyday through pirate territory in his Blockade Runner.

That would be unpleasant, at least it was a BR though. They can't fight, but they're built to survive.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Sergei Meranov wrote:
Mon Pandamari wrote:
Sergei Meranov wrote:

That would be unpleasant, at least it was a BR though. They can't fight, but they're built to survive.
That they are.
He had some epic stories.
He once got through a 25 Dictor Gate Camp with less than 100 armor left.
Back to top Go down
Nawkes
Nawkes

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:17 am

Barth what is the biggest guild currently in-game?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What I think of Mortal Online so far...   What I think of Mortal Online so far... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What I think of Mortal Online so far...
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next